Derek Adams back to watch Crewe match

Derek Adams back to watch Crewe match

Postby turnbull-9 » Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:06 am

Derek Adams was back to watch the Crewe game, a fair trek given how i guess he lives in Scotland.
Last edited by turnbull-9 on Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:08 am, edited 3 times in total.
turnbull-9

Re: Derek Adams back to watch Crewe

Postby Redalert1970 » Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:07 am

Maybe buying the club
Redalert1970

Re: Derek Adams back to watch Crewe match

Postby Seasider9601 » Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:22 am

Derek posted on his LinkedIn page the other day that he'd been invited back by both Morecambe and Plymouth Argyle to attend games as their guest, and he attended both.

Top bloke.
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby black morse » Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:15 am

Am I the only one to wonder why Derek was invited back to watch the match? Whilst I am a Derek fan as a manager I just can't imagine why he was invited back. As a thank you? Strange timing and I wonder how Ged felt about it! With a view to coaxing him back? Really? I think Derek left us on account of the perilous financial state the club was in and the promises he was given that did not come to fruition because of that. Nothing in the financial situation has improved....if anything it seems to have deteriorated. It is clear that there is no one out there willing to buy our club and things are going to get worse. As stated elsewhere the support has held up incredibly well but a large part of that must have been because we were in with a chance of the playoffs. Why would Derek want to come back?

I feel for Ged who has faced unbelievable problems on several fronts since he took over his first management role. I fear greatly for next season, not just regarding relegation but whether our club will survive at all. I hope I'm wrong! :cry:
black morse

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:20 pm

black morse wrote:Am I the only one to wonder why Derek was invited back to watch the match? Whilst I am a Derek fan as a manager I just can't imagine why he was invited back. As a thank you? Strange timing and I wonder how Ged felt about it! With a view to coaxing him back? Really? I think Derek left us on account of the perilous financial state the club was in and the promises he was given that did not come to fruition because of that. Nothing in the financial situation has improved....if anything it seems to have deteriorated. It is clear that there is no one out there willing to buy our club and things are going to get worse. As stated elsewhere the support has held up incredibly well but a large part of that must have been because we were in with a chance of the playoffs. Why would Derek want to come back?

I feel for Ged who has faced unbelievable problems on several fronts since he took over his first management role. I fear greatly for next season, not just regarding relegation but whether our club will survive at all. I hope I'm wrong! :cry:

I think it is nice to see that The Board and Derek are still friends.

Under Derek we went from fighting an annual relegation battle avoiding going back to the Conference to the highest point in our history so far when finishing 19th in EFL1 2021/2022.

He is the only manager in recent years that seemed to have a plan for the future and there must have been something maybe happening on the ownership front last September when he was talking about going to the Championship and a new stand on the carwash side.

I may be wrong but I am expecting great changes in the Summer. Did anyone hear the Radio Lancashire interview last night at 6pm when Ged said something that rather surprised Dan Jewell ? I wasn't paying attention but it will be on play again.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby redrobo » Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:24 pm

black morse wrote:Am I the only one to wonder why Derek was invited back to watch the match? Whilst I am a Derek fan as a manager I just can't imagine why he was invited back. As a thank you? Strange timing and I wonder how Ged felt about it! With a view to coaxing him back? Really? I think Derek left us on account of the perilous financial state the club was in and the promises he was given that did not come to fruition because of that. Nothing in the financial situation has improved....if anything it seems to have deteriorated. It is clear that there is no one out there willing to buy our club and things are going to get worse. As stated elsewhere the support has held up incredibly well but a large part of that must have been because we were in with a chance of the playoffs. Why would Derek want to come back?

Are you sure on that... :?: :?: :?:

In a recent Podcast one of the Directors said that there are a couple of interested parties who want to purchase the club. A few weeks ago the Mazuma was closed on a Wednesday afternoon. Was it because there was a private and confidential viewing of our club that required secrecy or am i reading too much into that...to date we've had no further news... :?: :?: :?:

As for DA at the Maz last night (a more than welcome visit for me) the one thing that must have been obvious to him and everybody else was the desperate need for us to bring on board a dedicated and proven centre forward who can put pressure on an opponents defense and operate from a central position in anticipation for crosses from both wings. Our strike force at the moment is firing blanks or not even firing as the total shots on goal in the second half could have been counted on one hand.

I would like to see us investigate strikers from the National League or even elsewhere rather than a someone released from a fellow EFL club...(unless it was Cole... ;) ) Someone who wants to step up to the EFL would be ideal as there are a number of gems out there looking for an opportunity to improve....surely... :?: :?: :?:
Last edited by redrobo on Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
redrobo

Postby Seasider9601 » Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:26 pm

black morse wrote:Am I the only one to wonder why Derek was invited back to watch the match?

As I previously mentioned, he was invited back by Plymouth Argyle as well and they're doing quite ok as it is.
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby BerlinWaller » Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:39 pm

Derek was involved with the American group that ended up buying Carlisle. I think that is the time when he spoke about the Championship but nothing came from the meeting between the group and Jason. Was probably the final the straw for the King.
BerlinWaller

Postby redrobo » Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:59 pm

BerlinWaller wrote:Derek was involved with the American group that ended up buying Carlisle. I think that is the time when he spoke about the Championship but nothing came from the meeting between the group and Jason. Was probably the final the straw for the King.

Would be interesting to know where that info came from....especially the inference that it may have been the people that DA spoke about interest from overseas... :?: :?: :?:

As and when Carlise sack the current manager.....I expect DA to be in the running to take over..
redrobo

Postby BerlinWaller » Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:02 pm

redrobo wrote:
BerlinWaller wrote:Derek was involved with the American group that ended up buying Carlisle. I think that is the time when he spoke about the Championship but nothing came from the meeting between the group and Jason. Was probably the final the straw for the King.

As and when Carlise sack the current manager.....I expect DA to be in the running to take over..

This might be the first thing that you have said which actually comes true!
BerlinWaller

Postby Billy bodger » Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:10 pm

GED said in the Radio Lancashire interview; “……if the Club want me I will be here next season…..” make of that what you will.

I wonder what DA made of the performance?

For me a goodish performance in the first half and we missed a few chances, they only had one real chance but finished lamely. Second they half pressed us and pressed us and kept us pinned back, doing what a number of clubs have done and found out that it means they will leave with points, at the moment unfortunately it’s 3pts.

In the stand again last night on one of our Tues nights treats and when you look at the two sets of staff on the touch line it’s the opposition who once again do the most cajoling of their team. It’s baffling the inconsistency of the team and Ged is struggling getting the team to find any consistency. Teams have definitely done their homework on us. The passing game Ged has introduced is not up to it when we are pressed high in our own half, after 6-10 passes we lose the ball around the half way mark. So do I wonder what DA made of the performance?
Billy bodger

Postby redrobo » Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:15 pm

BerlinWaller wrote:
redrobo wrote:

This might be the first thing that you have said which actually comes true!

Still waiting to know how you got the info about DA and the American connection... :roll:
redrobo

Postby BerlinWaller » Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:20 pm

You know that I can't reveal my sources but what I can say is that it isn't from the same place you get your dodgy info!
BerlinWaller

Postby redrobo » Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:37 pm

BerlinWaller wrote:You know that I can't reveal my sources but what I can say is that it isn't from the same place you get your dodgy info!

Sounds to me as though we might both be guilty of that by your reckoning...... :roll: :roll: :roll:
redrobo

Postby shrimpsontoast » Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:52 pm

If lower league football success really does depend on networks like everyone says, why not invite him down for a few friendly jars on a Tuesday night? Who knows, maybe over the summer we’ll try to recruit players that he’s managed previously and they will call him up and say “what’s it like at Morecambe then” ?
shrimpsontoast

Postby black morse » Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:03 pm

Derek's interviews referring to 'new owners from afar' and plans to get us into the Championship seem a life time ago but were in fact at the end of September. By mid November he had gone to Ross County. Obviously something major had gone wrong in that 6 weeks which would tie in with your 'information' BW.
black morse

Postby Keith » Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:16 pm

shrimpsontoast wrote:If lower league football success really does depend on networks like everyone says, why not invite him down for a few friendly jars on a Tuesday night? Who knows, maybe over the summer we’ll try to recruit players that he’s managed previously and they will call him up and say “what’s it like at Morecambe then” ?

That's 100% my view. Why wouldn't Derek want to maintain positive relationships with us? Why wouldn't we want to maintain positive relationships with him? He's got a lot of contacts and knowledge, so staying positive is sensible.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Billy bodger » Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:30 pm

When Ged said what he said in the Radio interview did he know about the invite? Is that why he said what he said? I think it might be just coincidence that Ged said “…that he would be here next year if he’s wanted…” and DA being invited to the Club.

If there is more in it, for myself I hope Ged stays in control of the team. No doubt some would want DA back in a shot, that’s fine, each to their own. A partnership between the two mmmm! Yeh I would go for that, the experience DA brings can only help Ged. I think Ged helped DA when he arrived, so we wait and see.

If nothing in it I’m sure a club would be happy to have DA as manager, with all the baggage he brings, he is successful at this level.
Billy bodger

Postby Westgate Wanderer » Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:18 pm

Perhaps we could have DA as home team manager and GD as away manager? ;)
Don't worry be happy!
Westgate Wanderer

Postby black morse » Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:57 pm

Billy bodger wrote:When Ged said what he said in the Radio interview did he know about the invite? Is that why he said what he said? I think it might be just coincidence that Ged said “…that he would be here next year if he’s wanted…” and DA being invited to the Club.

If there is more in it, for myself I hope Ged stays in control of the team. No doubt some would want DA back in a shot, that’s fine, each to their own. A partnership between the two mmmm! Yeh I would go for that, the experience DA brings can only help Ged. I think Ged helped DA when he arrived, so we wait and see.

If nothing in it I’m sure a club would be happy to have DA as manager, with all the baggage he brings, he is successful at this level.

Why would DA come back here unless something is close to being sorted on the ownership front?
black morse

Postby Billy bodger » Thu Apr 11, 2024 4:18 pm

black morse wrote:
Billy bodger wrote:When Ged said what he said in the Radio interview did he know about the invite? Is that why he said what he said? I think it might be just coincidence that Ged said “…that he would be here next year if he’s wanted…” and DA being invited to the Club.

Why would DA come back here unless something is close to being sorted on the ownership front?

Out of work!
Billy bodger

Return to General Discussion