Points deduction

Points deduction

Postby Potted Shrimp » Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:55 pm

What is the latest regarding the points deduction?

Will they be deducted this season or for next season, and how many can we expect?
Potted Shrimp

Re: Points deduction

Postby BerlinWaller » Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:00 pm

Alarming silence from the Directors, starting to feel like our support is being taken for granted again.
BerlinWaller

Postby Billy bodger » Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:09 am

What they told us at the meeting with them at the Mazuma was pie in the sky. The one thing that was confirmed to me is that it’s them who control the Club on a day to day basis and they don’t like criticism at all, oh that’s two things!!
Billy bodger

Postby vvm » Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:07 pm

https://www.morecambefc.com/news/2024/a ... n-hearing/

3 point deduction confirmed for this season.
vvm

Postby vvm » Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:08 pm

Too late in the day for a protest/"demonstration of support" ahead of our last home game?
vvm

Postby Old Man Kensey » Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:10 pm

Can anyone actually see and end to all this?
The thrushes' bleeding battle with the wrens
Disrupts my reverie again
Old Man Kensey

Postby redrobo » Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:35 pm

Old Man Kensey wrote:Can anyone actually see and end to all this?

I fear the worst for my club.....unless some miracle happens and that the current owner makes his asking price viable for an investor.

It must be testing for our BoDs on a day to day having to deal with an owner who wants out but seems unable to accept in my view a reasonable figure for an EFL2 club who have had to operate under such testing conditions imposed on them by such a devious character.

I just hope that this latest condemnation of his ownership is the final straw...but I fear that this situation will remain for some time yet.

We've been told that there are interested parties.....let's hope that some compromise can be agreed.
redrobo

Postby BHmfc » Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:39 pm

At least the point deduction is for this season, with our current ownership issues and financial problems we will need every single point next season. It might also make (some) of our supporters realise that the club has real problems and that finishing mid table is acceptable. I'm not being negative or lacking ambition when I say I will be more than happy finishing mid table every season until the ownership is sorted and we have a genuine owner who is prepared to back the club financially.
BHmfc

Postby John L » Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:39 pm

As usual, all those affected who aren't at fault (such as club employees and us fans) are punished, which is pathetic from the powers-that-be, albeit that the person who is at fault is also personally punished for apparently being an irresponsible pillock! I wasn't expecting the play-offs at the start of the season but this really pisses on our chips considering how well we've done this season! :evil:
GED ARMY!
John L

Postby Old Man Kensey » Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:42 pm

https://www.efl.com/governance/judgments-and-decisions/

Full judgement can be found on the above link.

It seems that some of the funds were removed the day after it was deposited.
Makes you wonder what the hell else is going on.
Last edited by Old Man Kensey on Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Old Man Kensey

Postby vvm » Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:08 pm

Full funds were deposited on the 23rd and 24th of August, there was a partial withdrawal on the 25th of August and another in September and they have not been replenished since. I mean he's really taken the piss there hasn't he?

Seems the basis of our appeal was the wages were paid but since those funds were never replenished, we haven't had much of a leg to stand on. If anything, seems like the EFL gave us plenty of opportunity to sort this out. From reading the document, I get the impression they would have waived the 3 point deduction if Jason replenished the funds, even when it was months overdue.
vvm

Postby Old Man Kensey » Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:59 pm

What would be the outcome of Jason just ignoring the fine?
What powers do the EFL actually have to enforce it?

And would failing to pay it result in yet more misery for the club?
Old Man Kensey

Postby glagys » Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:58 pm

I thought they said there were interested parties and they were fully aware of our financial situation??
Unless I mis-heard them ??
glagys

Postby black morse » Thu Apr 11, 2024 3:02 pm

Old Man Kensey wrote:What would be the outcome of Jason just ignoring the fine?
What powers do the EFL actually have to enforce it?

And would failing to pay it result in yet more misery for the club?

My guesses would be -
Nothing in the short term
None
Yes when the money was needed to pay wages, tax etc. :( :( :(
black morse

Postby jbc.shrimp » Thu Apr 11, 2024 3:03 pm

If Jason is registered a our business owner surely it's his responsibility to maintain the correct funds, so why should the club be punished. Can the club as a business take Jason to court for suitable recompense ?
jbc.shrimp

Postby Billy bodger » Thu Apr 11, 2024 4:13 pm

With the way the EFL work the 3 points was always going to kick in, it’s a lot like one f Readings points deductions.

JW hit with fine, I think he’s got away with a lenient fine. I wonder what he will do ?

For me it’s good we have a not bad season and hit a reasonable amount of points and if we are still afloat as a Club next year, we go again. We could have been near the bottom if DA & GB hadn’t done a good job between them.

I Agree with a lot that has been said about Jason, the Club thou take a hit like Reading did, because of their owner, ‘you cannot SEPERATE the Club from the owner when it comes to the actions of the Club due to the owner’ whatever on earth that means!!!

Now if Jason doesn’t pay the £10,00 or the £20,000 for not paying the first amount what happens because you cannot seperate the Club from the owner???
Billy bodger

Postby black morse » Thu Apr 11, 2024 4:35 pm

vvm wrote:Full funds were deposited on the 23rd and 24th of August, there was a partial withdrawal on the 25th of August and another in September and they have not been replenished since. I mean he's really taken the piss there hasn't he?

Seems the basis of our appeal was the wages were paid but since those funds were never replenished, we haven't had much of a leg to stand on. If anything, seems like the EFL gave us plenty of opportunity to sort this out. From reading the document, I get the impression they would have waived the 3 point deduction if Jason replenished the funds, even when it was months overdue.

At least we know that Jason didn't take back the deposited money. The money was taken to pay wages in August and September. However, Jason didn't put any more money in to replace that which he clearly should have and, as you say, he was given plenty of time to do that.

Unless we have a new owner soon we are up to our necks in the smelly stuff as without the money being replaced we cannot renew or extend contracts as we will not be able to pay those wages through the summer/autumn. :roll:
black morse

Postby Billy bodger » Thu Apr 11, 2024 6:29 pm

The deposit account had to be maintained at a certain level. Jason put the money in, the Club took it out to pay the wages (aloud), Jason should then replenish the account to maintain the agreed minimum level of monies in the account. It is the Club that has the responsibility that the club deposit account should maintain the minimum deposit amount. It is the Club that must procure that the UBO deposits monies into the account to the minimum amount or to a level that exceeds it within 5 working days. The minimum amount was not maintained within that time line by Jason.
The head of Legal (Regulatory) roll in all of this is lamentable to say the least for the Club. Others have said if monies had been put in even later than the 5 days the 3 point deduction may not have been applied.
It’s the EFL I just don’t think they would have done it it would have not been fair on other clubs and this is born out by the decision, the deadline was missed.
Billy bodger

Postby black morse » Thu Apr 11, 2024 6:52 pm

Very good pre match interview with Ged on the OWS where much of this is discussed especially on the effects of it all on the players and indeed on Ged himself. I really feel for the guy!
black morse

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:09 pm

black morse wrote:
vvm wrote:Full funds were deposited on the 23rd and 24th of August, there was a partial withdrawal on the 25th of August and another in September and they have not been replenished since. I mean he's really taken the piss there hasn't he?

At least we know that Jason didn't take back the deposited money. The money was taken to pay wages in August and September. However, Jason didn't put any more money in to replace that which he clearly should have and, as you say, he was given plenty of time to do that.

Unless we have a new owner soon we are up to our necks in the smelly stuff as without the money being replaced we cannot renew or extend contracts as we will not be able to pay those wages through the summer/autumn. :roll:

How did the club not have enough funds to pay the August and September wages when our season ticket income was very close to the amount that was received the previous season.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby J.S. » Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:25 pm

How did the club not have enough funds to pay the August and September wages when our season ticket income was very close to the amount that was received the previous season.[/quote]

Good question.
J.S.

Postby Billy bodger » Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:49 pm

J.S. wrote:How did the club not have enough funds to pay the August and September wages when our season ticket income was very close to the amount that was received the previous season.

Good question.[/quote]

It’s is a good question. However I don’t think that money is used for wages. It’s Jason’s responsibility as UBO to put funds in the Deposit account. ( not keeping the account to agreed minimum levels is why he’s been fined). The Club does have access to the Deposit account to take money out to pay the wages, not to put money in. I think that’s right.
Billy bodger

Postby J.S. » Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:25 pm

Billy bodger wrote:
J.S. wrote:How did the club not have enough funds to pay the August and September wages when our season ticket income was very close to the amount that was received the previous season.

Good question.

It’s is a good question. However I don’t think that money is used for wages. It’s Jason’s responsibility as UBO to put funds in the Deposit account. ( not keeping the account to agreed minimum levels is why he’s been fined). The Club does have access to the Deposit account to take money out to pay the wages, not to put money in. I think that’s right.[/quote]

The EFL report says that money was taken out in August and September to pay players wages so unless all season ticket money was used to keep the club going through the summer break, why use the funds in this account so early in the season?
J.S.

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:18 pm

Jason made it clear that the Club had to live within it's means. He obviously did as the EFL asked and put the money in for an 'emergency'. Does seem strange that we had to dip into those funds so soon.
Must have given Jason a surprise too.

Having dipped into it in September, I'm surprised we've managed not to dip into it again over the winter months
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Redalert1970 » Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:19 pm

The club are in massive trouble

Buyer must be found in next couple of months or return to non league football is a certainty
Redalert1970

Next

Return to General Discussion