Morecambe 0 Crewe 1 LIVE thread

Re: Morecambe 0 Crewe 1 LIVE thread

Postby dannymorc1 » Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:50 pm

The playoffs were always a big ask but they kept the dream alive. We had a couple of good runs but ultimately we just weren't good enough. Considering all that has gone on with situations on and off the field they've done very well.
Well done for giving us the hope, now go and play the season out without the pressure.
COME ON YOU MORECAMBE REDS.
dannymorc1

Postby Redalert1970 » Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:57 pm

Sorry but 2 wins in 8 is not doing well
Redalert1970

Postby shrimpsontoast » Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:58 pm

We could easily find a way to get absolutely crushed on Saturday and it will be a game that is very well covered by the media given what is up for grabs. Think it would be unfair to expose academy players to that, except maybe for a brief cameo towards the end.
shrimpsontoast

Postby BerlinWaller » Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:08 pm

I can't get enough of this exciting attacking football! We should of brought Derek on at half time and given ourselves a chance.
BerlinWaller

Postby dannymorc1 » Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:15 pm

Redalert1970 wrote:Sorry but 2 wins in 8 is not doing well

I agree, it isn't. But the position the the club was in at the start of the season with only six players, and the mid season departure of Derek Adams, our current position is one that most of us would have been happy with, given all that's gone before.
We may have been League 1 last season, but with our budget and current ownership problems, we have to be glad we're still League 2 this season, and next.
There are bigger clubs below us. (Currently)
dannymorc1

Postby lancaster shrimp » Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:17 pm

dannymorc1 wrote:
Redalert1970 wrote:Sorry but 2 wins in 8 is not doing well

I agree, it isn't. But the position the the club was in at the start of the season with only six players, and the mid season departure of Derek Adams, our current position is one that most of us would have been happy with, given all that's gone before.
We may have been League 1 last season, but with our budget and current ownership problems, we have to be glad we're still League 2 this season, and next.
There are bigger clubs below us. (Currently)

This.
lancaster shrimp

Postby BerlinWaller » Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:24 pm

The mass exodus at full time is the most worrying thing for me. Outsung by Doncaster and Crewe in the last 2 games and a half empty home end at the end of both games. Tonight stunk of the last 2 yesrs before King Derek and now we are happy to be competing mid table in League 2. Ambition has all but gone from top to bottom.
BerlinWaller

Postby Billy bodger » Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:43 pm

Another team no better than us goes away with the points. A speculative shot a ricochet that falls to one of their players and goal. The playing out from the back is all well and good till the opposition presses us high up in our own half. We have six to 10 passes and lose the ball in the middle of the park. Why is that? No runners, no one who can hold the ball up and no one who has a killer pass. End result our second half performance was poor and they pressed and pressed and got the luck.
Billy bodger

Postby Redalert1970 » Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:44 pm

It's next season we need to worry about not this

Come June / July we will have 1 player on contract

Good luck to whoever is in charge
Redalert1970

Postby Redalert1970 » Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:57 pm

More bad news... Jake Taylor out for the season (grade 1 year)
Redalert1970

Postby lancaster shrimp » Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:03 pm

Redalert1970 wrote:More bad news... Jake Taylor out for the season (grade 1 year)

If this is true. He needs releasing. He's just never fit enough
lancaster shrimp

Postby shrimpsontoast » Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:10 pm

I suspect that this “yeah but you would have taken this position if offered it at the start of the season” sort of argument (which is surely going to be rolled over into season 2023-24, even if the ownership is sorted over the summer) is not going to carry much weight with some of the additional people who’ve been turning up since DA miraculously first revived the club’s fortunes. Most of them probably want some sort of football related feel good factor out of a trip to the mazuma and if people start assessing the likelihood of that as low, they are going to stop coming!
shrimpsontoast

Postby Freez » Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:13 pm

Poor second half, wind affected both sides, don’t think we got into their box much apart from when they were down to ten. We looked ok in parts, leggy and slow in others.
Given that a folk hero has walked out on the club twice as the grass was greener and left us in the mire, I would say we aren’t doing too badly given half the team disappeared with him.
It’s not lack of ambition or defeatism accepting the current transition situation, it’s the facts.
Derek (I loved what he did for us btw) was a great appointment, he got us promoted, and was in charge when we were relegated, he has a wealth of experience which our current manager and assistant don’t have.
There are players who have signed who have worked, there are others that haven’t. The last two defeats have finally ended the play off thoughts, so as has been said, to have three games left and have the season realistically finished obviously gives the board and management food for thought. It can be a positive and a negative.
I do fear that crowds may well suffer next season, particularly as the season ticket early bird is very early, and also the home form hasn’t been consistent enough.
This in turn will affect the clubs ability to compete for players, which as we know is never that easy anyway.

So it’s a conundrum, without doubt.
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby Keith » Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:14 pm

BerlinWaller wrote:The mass exodus at full time is the most worrying thing for me. Outsung by Doncaster and Crewe in the last 2 games and a half empty home end at the end of both games. Tonight stunk of the last 2 yesrs before King Derek and now we are happy to be competing mid table in League 2. Ambition has all but gone from top to bottom.

Well, you must be very happy, because you cherish failure whenever your hero isn't the manager. Strange how, for example, we beat Accrington, you didn't post, but lose to Crewe and you get two digs in, within hours.

You realise, Ged doesn't even have an assistant manager? Perhaps we should have Derek as assistant?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby BerlinWaller » Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:23 pm

I didn't go to the Accrington game so i was in no position to comment on that one. Enjoyed the Barrow game, thought it was a great day.

Ged doesn't have an assistant? Is that the best you can come up with? Ryan Taylor and his mate from Accrington doing the warm ups pre game weren't they? I cherish failure? Come on Keith, I know you spout shit but this is unreal. Jim Bentleys biggest fan? You jump to Geds defence just like you did for Jim and you hate the most succesful manager we ever had? You love failure, you thrive on it. You and your mates would rather us lose 3-1 every week but at least we have a lovely bloke in charge with zero ambition and freebies all round. I've seen the whatsapp screen shots of the meltdowns when they heard the King was back tonight, priceless.
BerlinWaller

Postby red shrimp » Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:31 pm

3 home wins out of 14 for Ged, damming stats for what was a fortress under DA. The fans are already starting to vote with their feet.

The fans have gone stale and so has the club and the performances.

If the club has any hope whatsoever then they need to seriously look at removing Ged from his position and bring in an actual football manager with experience.

Get JC in the summer and give us half a chance next season because under Ged we’re headed back to non league.
red shrimp

Postby Redalert1970 » Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:43 pm

Sorry Red Shrimp that's rubbish

Let's give Ged a full season then judge him
Redalert1970

Postby red shrimp » Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:48 pm

Redalert1970 wrote:Sorry Red Shrimp that's rubbish

:?

Aye , can’t wait!
red shrimp

Postby shrimpsontoast » Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:53 pm

Crewe tonight were one of the poorest teams I’ve seen us play against all season (albeit I’ve missed quite a few). They offered almost precisely nothing and we lost at home without laying a glove on them in a game that was supposed to be “must win”. What’s going on?!?
shrimpsontoast

Postby Redalert1970 » Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:21 am

Ged said in radio interview that the team gave everything and played well

Just no luck in the box
Redalert1970

Postby Billy bodger » Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:20 am

BerlinWaller wrote:The mass exodus at full time is the most worrying thing for me. Outsung by Doncaster and Crewe in the last 2 games and a half empty home end at the end of both games. Tonight stunk of the last 2 yesrs before King Derek and now we are happy to be competing mid table in League 2. Ambition has all but gone from top to bottom.

3,564 not a bad attendance at full time people leave! Now the rumour was DEREK WAS INVITED TO TONIGHTS GAME, so I hope you paid him homage if he came. Your rose coloured head lights on your saviour fails to highlight he is the manager who got us relegated for the first time. Some of last seasons performances against teams in and around the relegation zone was abysmal and we lost a fair number of points to them by playing negative football. Seeing we only just went down whose fault was that? Obviously not DA’s, he who can do no wrong.

We still have the same owner, we still have a pitiful playing budget, we still have a small squad, we have had to send loan players back, we cannot afford better players, we have had injuries to key players and dispute that we have flirted with the playoffs until this final run of games. It’s not about ambition it’s about the reality of our situation and it’s not going to change anytime soon.

All that will happen again next season and my hope is we flirt with promotion like we did this year and not flirt with relegation out of the league and to many that’s an attainable ambition, not wild fantasy.

I hope I’m wrong and we build something on top of this reasonable season and reach the heights of promotion back into league one. We are in precarious times, not a rich Club with unlimited resources.
Billy bodger

Postby dannymorc1 » Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:11 am

Freez wrote:-

It’s not lack of ambition or defeatism accepting the current transition situation, it’s the facts.

I agree, that’s how it is.
dannymorc1

Postby vvm » Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:23 am

Redalert1970 wrote:Sorry Red Shrimp that's rubbish

Whilst I agree we should give him a full season before we can judge, I do worry next year could be a disaster if things don't click early on.
vvm

Postby deadorred70 » Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:37 am

The two teams with the lowest budgets survived ,the other two who got relagated are fighting relagation again.
deadorred70

Postby BerlinWaller » Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:56 am

Billy bodger wrote:

3,564 not a bad attendance at full time people leave! Now the rumour was DEREK WAS INVITED TO TONIGHTS GAME, so I hope you paid him homage if he came. Your rose coloured head lights on your saviour fails to highlight he is the manager who got us relegated for the first time. Some of last seasons performances against teams in and around the relegation zone was abysmal and we lost a fair number of points to them by playing negative football. Seeing we only just went down whose fault was that? Obviously not DA’s, he who can do no wrong.

We still have the same owner, we still have a pitiful playing budget, we still have a small squad, we have had to send loan players back, we cannot afford better players, we have had injuries to key players and dispute that we have flirted with the playoffs until this final run of games. It’s not about ambition it’s about the reality of our situation and it’s not going to change anytime soon.

All that will happen again next season and my hope is we flirt with promotion like we did this year and not flirt with relegation out of the league and to many that’s an attainable ambition, not wild fantasy.

I hope I’m wrong and we build something on top of this reasonable season and reach the heights of promotion back into league one. We are in precarious times, not a rich Club with unlimited resources.

There is a very simple counter arguement but it's been done to death and if you can't see how important Dereks achievements for the club were, you never will. The majority of the fanbase accept the struggle of L2 and resent the sucess we had under Derek. It's madness but it sums up our fan base.

The crowd was decent but it was a very good mid week turn out from Crewe as it was Doncaster. I can rant on here and you can scoff but people who joined the ride under Derek will leave as Ged and the lack of ambition de-rails it. A season ticket tracker would be fun to see this summer.
BerlinWaller

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion