21 players out of contract.

21 players out of contract.

Postby Billy bodger » Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:11 pm

I’ve just listened to Geds interview, he’s very positive and it’s a case of having a go. He also said he has 21 players out of contract and the Club have the EFL embargo is ongoing, so he has a lot to do in the summer. It will be a-shame if we cannot keep some of those who have done well for us.
Billy bodger

Re: 21 players out of contract.

Postby glagys » Sat Apr 06, 2024 4:40 pm

So if this embargo isn’t lifted ?
I guess we may not be able to field a team next season if we cannot sign players

Or am I wrong ?
glagys

Postby Redalert1970 » Sat Apr 06, 2024 4:43 pm

If the club isn't sold before start of next season then it's very worrying times

The embargo is just another thing too worry about
Redalert1970

Postby nobbyshrimp » Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:52 pm

During a transfer window clubs under an embargo can sign up to 23 players not already assigned to another club (free agents/released players) & loan players as long as no extra fees are paid, this is to allow the club to continue to fulfil its competition requirements but budget restrictions apply
nobbyshrimp

Postby Keith » Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:15 am

nobbyshrimp wrote:During a transfer window clubs under an embargo can sign up to 23 players not already assigned to another club (free agents/released players) & loan players as long as no extra fees are paid, this is to allow the club to continue to fulfil its competition requirements but budget restrictions apply

What do our existing, out of contract players count as? Would we have to release & resign? Would their agents want them to go, as they can't get a fee? Will the existing contract offers have been withdrawn, or still stand, as offered prior to the embargo?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Billy bodger » Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:04 am

We have no money until we start getting in money from the early bird season tickets, so we won’t be buying anyone, I would have thought, will we! Next years squad will be made up from how many players we can keep, if we promote a few of the young lads from our good U18s, out of contract players and then what loan players we can get. Our squad once again will also be small. The embargo doesn’t really affect us, the way I understand it, because we won’t be buying anyone. I think we should offer some two year contracts then if we do well we may be able to bring in some much needed money to the Club by selling them within the 2yrs of their contract.
Billy bodger

Postby nobbyshrimp » Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:13 am

Clubs under embargo can offer existing players a new contract but depends on the circumstances of individual clubs and will be sanctioned by the EFL. I personally think we will be fine as the club and EFL are supposedly working together and the EFL understand the strange circumstances surrounding us being under embargo. Furthermore I believe any loan players signed in the window whilst still under embargo can only be for a maximum of 6mths.
Correct, under embargo we can’t offer a fee for anyone but also we can’t offer contracts more than 1 season if i understand it correctly so we need to get rid of the embargo because some of the better players might only sign on for a longer contract
nobbyshrimp

Postby Billy bodger » Sun Apr 07, 2024 2:33 pm

nobbyshrimp wrote:Clubs under embargo can offer existing players a new contract but depends on the circumstances of individual clubs and will be sanctioned by the EFL. I personally think we will be fine as the club and EFL are supposedly working together and the EFL understand the strange circumstances surrounding us being under embargo. Furthermore I believe any loan players signed in the window whilst still under embargo can only be for a maximum of 6mths.
Correct, under embargo we can’t offer a fee for anyone but also we can’t offer contracts more than 1 season if i understand it correctly so we need to get rid of the embargo because some of the better players might only sign on for a longer contract

That’s a shame if the Embargo restricts the length of contracts we can hand out. I agree whole heartedly that the embargo needs sorting out a.s.a.p. As in my last post offering longer contracts to players may help the Club.
Billy bodger

Postby black morse » Sun Apr 07, 2024 5:56 pm

Billy bodger wrote:
nobbyshrimp wrote:Clubs under embargo can offer existing players a new contract but depends on the circumstances of individual clubs and will be sanctioned by the EFL. I personally think we will be fine as the club and EFL are supposedly working together and the EFL understand the strange circumstances surrounding us being under embargo. Furthermore I believe any loan players signed in the window whilst still under embargo can only be for a maximum of 6mths.

That’s a shame if the Embargo restricts the length of contracts we can hand out. I agree whole heartedly that the embargo needs sorting out a.s.a.p. As in my last post offering longer contracts to players may help the Club.

If a club is in the financial situation that it is struggling to pay it's wages or debts how can it guarantee
2 year contracts?
black morse

Postby Billy bodger » Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:34 pm

black morse wrote:
Billy bodger wrote:

If a club is in the financial situation that it is struggling to pay it's wages or debts how can it guarantee
2 year contracts?

What business can guarantee anything? Obviously some are better off than others and most are better off than Morecambe. Will it be going as a Club into the future is unknown! and very precarious situation we are in!! It’s all just a chance, so if a player wants to sign one let them. We cannot hand them out Willy nilly, I except, with grace to your point.
Billy bodger

Return to General Discussion