Salford 3 Morecambe 1 [OG] LIVE thread

Re: Salford 3 Morecambe 1 [OG] LIVE thread

Postby shrimpsontoast » Sun Mar 17, 2024 4:20 pm

It’s quite difficult to overstate just how poor that performance was. It wouldn’t have looked out of place in national league north. We lost with a wimper last Saturday albeit on the end of some ridiculous decisions. Will there be a reaction on Tuesday? Nope, we were absolutely hopeless and Gwion put a bit of a gloss on it. Surely there will be a reaction on Sunday in a must win game against a truly hopeless side with a big away backing? Ah, no, the performance is even worse still.
shrimpsontoast

Postby Westgate Wanderer » Sun Mar 17, 2024 4:29 pm

The last few home games have been dire, hardly any plan of attack. Away games it seems once we are 2 down its hey lads go and try your best nothing to lose now and we've gained some shock results keeping us near the play offs. Sadly without a good home record before DA left we would now be scrabbling in the lower half of the table. GB has had ample time to stamp his mark on this side but still looks lost imo. Doesn't seem to be any coherent plan to start then it's just run around a lot. Too many of his signings shouldn't be anywhere near this level of football. I worry about season ticket renewals and how bad we will be next season with the current set up. Blame the previous manager for the defence?? Never heard anything so daft. Blame ownership for poor players? Blame the manager for poor players and lack of ideas
Don't worry be happy!
Westgate Wanderer

Postby BerlinWaller » Sun Mar 17, 2024 4:31 pm

Totally agree. Ged has had fantastic press since he has been in charge and the fact he is a nice bloke and does the hand thing at the end of games has got him some brownie points.

11 goals shipped in the last 3 games and some of the worst organisation you have ever seen on a football pitch. The fans gave up today, it was so hard to watch us hoof it and be last to every ball.
BerlinWaller

Postby shrimp riddle » Sun Mar 17, 2024 4:33 pm

To be fair. The players have been giving100% most weeks, win or lose. I think a number of the players are burnt out and need rested Unfortunately that's not been possible with all the mid week games and chasing a playoff place. The squad is threadbare with all the serious injuries, another one now with Melbourne I suspect. I would like to see some of the youth players getting some game time now with a view to next season.
shrimp riddle

Postby Redalert1970 » Sun Mar 17, 2024 4:37 pm

Last 5 games... Scored 9 (3rd best) conceded 13 (joint worst)
Redalert1970

Postby shrimpsontoast » Sun Mar 17, 2024 4:42 pm

How many league two squads are not exhausted / worn out at this stage of the season? They even played on Thursday! Maybe someone can tot up the number of games played by the salford starting 11 this season, see how it compares with ours. I think we’ve done reasonably OK with injuries as well this season. I think we need performance improvements, not excuses.
shrimpsontoast

Postby Billy bodger » Sun Mar 17, 2024 4:44 pm

Still mathematically possible so we keep going, if it comes to a point where we are not going anywhere, bring on some of our youngsters. Gillingham going to come and have a right go at us, well everyone is to be honest.
Billy bodger

Postby BerlinWaller » Sun Mar 17, 2024 4:50 pm

shrimpsontoast wrote:How many league two squads are not exhausted / worn out at this stage of the season? They even played on Thursday! Maybe someone can tot up the number of games played by the salford starting 11 this season, see how it compares with ours. I think we’ve done reasonably OK with injuries as well this season. I think we need performance improvements, not excuses.

Spot on.
BerlinWaller

Postby shrimp riddle » Sun Mar 17, 2024 5:00 pm

It's not about excuses, I know the defence is weak and we don't have great strikers. However it's a scientific fact that's It's not possible to give 100% if you are exhausted!
shrimp riddle

Postby shrimpsontoast » Sun Mar 17, 2024 5:05 pm

You can certainly give 100% effort, whether that equates to 100% of maximum output is another matter. Also are you assuming that the opposition are always in a position to deliver 100% of max output? It sounds like an excuse to me! Would have thought that in this particular case 2 extra days of rest would have made quite a big difference on that front.
shrimpsontoast

Postby Wild Bill » Sun Mar 17, 2024 5:44 pm

Really poor today. That's four defeats for me away us season. Minus 14 goals too
I am the Thai Shrimp!
Wild Bill

Postby black morse » Sun Mar 17, 2024 5:53 pm

I was intending to stay at a friend's in Oxford for the Swindon game (last of the season) but I'm not bothering now!
black morse

Postby jbc.shrimp » Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:07 pm

BerlinWaller wrote:Shocking performance. That striker shouldn't be anywhere near a football pitch.

We are clueless. This free, attacking football is a myth. It's like watching football played on a playground at dinner time.

Two top class lower league Managers out of work btw.

B.W, I assume the first manager you are talking about is John Coleman who was at the Maz a couple of games ago. People assumed it was a past player get together, but what do we know. But do you mind naming the other. Just curious.
jbc.shrimp

Postby Billy bodger » Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:34 pm

jbc.shrimp wrote:
BerlinWaller wrote:Shocking performance. That striker shouldn't be anywhere near a football pitch.

We are clueless. This free, attacking football is a myth. It's like watching football played on a playground at dinner time.

Two top class lower league Managers out of work btw.

B.W, I assume the first manager you are talking about is John Coleman who was at the Maz a couple of games ago. People assumed it was a past player get together, but what do we know. But do you mind naming the other. Just curious.

If I remember rightly BW is a DA fan. Otherwise who is the other one?
Billy bodger

Previous

Return to General Discussion