What can we do next?

What can we do next?

Postby fulwoodshrimp » Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:09 am

We have had the fans march and what a good turnout it was. The march got a fair deal of publicity from BBC TV. We have heard the growing chants of "We want Jason out". What is the next step in the campaign to try and find a buyer for our club? I keep hearing that there has been interest but so far after a lengthy period we are still a club struggling to financially survive. The team has done remarkably well to be only a few points from the play offs. Now we are at the stage to find another form of action to maintain the fans momentum. Has anyone got any ideas about what we can do next to help find a buyer?
fulwoodshrimp

Re: What can we do next?

Postby Billy bodger » Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:04 am

More marches? In all goodness I really think we cannot influence the owner of the Bond Group one iota, he’s not that kind of bloke. I also ask myself, thou he says he wants to sell, does he actually want to sell? He must know he will not get his asking price, he will however, by the continued ownership of the Club, keep the wolf from the door (with all the complexities of his financial situation), and I think that is his aim. He in a strange way needs to hold on to the Club!
Billy bodger

Postby redrobo » Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:06 pm

Billy bodger wrote:More marches? In all goodness I really think we cannot influence the owner of the Bond Group one iota, he’s not that kind of bloke. I also ask myself, thou he says he wants to sell, does he actually want to sell? He must know he will not get his asking price, he will however, by the continued ownership of the Club, keep the wolf from the door (with all the complexities of his financial situation), and I think that is his aim. He in a strange way needs to hold on to the Club!

.....and with the reported exorbitant interest rate on any loan he is winning in every way. I don't believe that he is actively trying to sell the club. Why would he when he's getting more money in return for his loans than he would from the normal channels..... :?: :?: :?:

He'll continue to say that he wants to sell but if he was that serious he would be prepared to ask a reasonable sum for our club which I suggest is excessive for any EFL2 club.... :( :( :(

The above is only my take on the matter and I have no way of knowing if what I assume is correct.
redrobo

Postby fulwoodshrimp » Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:41 pm

A suggestion made to me today at the Salford game was that we should advertise the club is for sale by advertising it alongside the M 6. Any thoughts on this and can anyone help with this?
fulwoodshrimp

Postby jbc.shrimp » Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:17 pm

As we don't know what Jason's asking price is. He may not have lowered his price after relegation. He may be waiting to see if we get back to lge 1 before possibly lowering his price as possibly still being lge 2 next season. Nobody will pay a lge 1 price for a lge 2 club. All we can do is keep our feelings know until something positive happens.
jbc.shrimp

Postby jbc.shrimp » Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:20 pm

Billy bodger wrote:More marches? In all goodness I really think we cannot influence the owner of the Bond Group one iota, he’s not that kind of bloke. I also ask myself, thou he says he wants to sell, does he actually want to sell? He must know he will not get his asking price, he will however, by the continued ownership of the Club, keep the wolf from the door (with all the complexities of his financial situation), and I think that is his aim. He in a strange way needs to hold on to the Club!

B.B, with respect, how do we know what Bond's financial situation is.
jbc.shrimp

Postby Wild Bill » Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:25 pm

I think right now all we can do is wait and see how things go.

If the club ticks over without a crisis, then we just have to accept the situation and keep backing the team.

If however there's further problems (missed wages, points deductions etc) I suggest another fans meeting to work out a plan of action.

It will be another interesting summer.
I am the Thai Shrimp!
Wild Bill

Postby skeletor » Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:35 pm

ON THE PITCH TOMORROW, more protest needed or we are going to lose the club!
skeletor

Postby Scouseport_Shrimp » Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:42 pm

skeletor wrote:ON THE PITCH TOMORROW, more protest needed or we are going to lose the club!

Protests are about as good as Strikes......ie. completely counter-productive.
The best, if not the only way to resolve this is around the table.....like it or lump it, that'll be the only solution.
Scouseport_Shrimp

Postby Billy bodger » Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:29 pm

I was going to be Facetious, but it is inappropriate to make fun out of the Clubs situation.
I won’t be on the pitch, one or two of the stewards will absolutely love that.

I would think It might start our season next year on minus points!

What to do next, don’t go on the pitch, it will have zero effect on Whittingham, zilch.

As fans we are limited in what we can do to influence things, the BOD’s have no influence, the EFL are ineffective when it comes to fit and proper people owning clubs. Then to cap it all are we a good buy? Well maybe we still are but not at the price people are willing to pay.

As I have said, if a person wants to sell something and cannot find a buyer they will run it down or put it on the shelf out of the way.

I wish I had the answer but I don’t think anyone has.
Billy bodger

Postby fulwoodshrimp » Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:10 pm

We must make sure whatever we do, doesn't harm the club with fines or minus points. We are in enough trouble with the powers that be.
fulwoodshrimp

Postby Scouseport_Shrimp » Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:31 pm

Billy bodger wrote:I was going to be Facetious, but it is inappropriate to make fun out of the Clubs situation.
I won’t be on the pitch, one or two of the stewards will absolutely love that.

I would think It might start our season next year on minus points!

What to do next, don’t go on the pitch, it will have zero effect on Whittingham, zilch.

As fans we are limited in what we can do to influence things, the BOD’s have no influence, the EFL are ineffective when it comes to fit and proper people owning clubs. Then to cap it all are we a good buy? Well maybe we still are but not at the price people are willing to pay.

As I have said, if a person wants to sell something and cannot find a buyer they will run it down or put it on the shelf out of the way.

I wish I had the answer but I don’t think anyone has.

A agree all of that.
Scouseport_Shrimp

Postby Scouseport_Shrimp » Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:31 pm

fulwoodshrimp wrote:We must make sure whatever we do, doesn't harm the club with fines or minus points. We are in enough trouble with the powers that be.

Absolutely agree.
Scouseport_Shrimp

Postby John L » Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:35 pm

Rod also pleas in the latest podcast for nobody to go on the pitch and I agree. It's not a good look and the club would have a price to pay for it. Incidentally, I wonder if Stockport and their useless stewards have got into bother over last week's, and if all those fans received banning orders as they would've done at any other point during the season... :?: :?: :?:
GED ARMY!
John L

Postby skeletor » Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:33 pm

Reading got a suspended 3 point deduction when they got the game abandoned,so whats to lose? We could lose our club!
skeletor

Postby Billy bodger » Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm

jbc.shrimp wrote:

B.B, with respect, how do we know what Bond's financial situation is.

Worcester Warriors plight!!
Billy bodger

Postby Angler1 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:01 pm

The only way you will win is by not going but that will hurt the club.. my problem with all this is all we ever hear is there is interest. I'm starting to wonder whether there is actually any interest in the club ..
Angler1

Postby Billy bodger » Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:39 pm

Angler1 wrote:The only way you will win is by not going but that will hurt the club.. my problem with all this is all we ever hear is there is interest. I'm starting to wonder whether there is actually any interest in the club ..

Probably is until JW gives them the price and then it’s, see ya.
Billy bodger

Postby Redalert1970 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:04 pm

There is nothing else anyone can do (apart from Jason selling the club)

If the club is not sold very soon i fear there won`t be a club any more (not in the same guise anyway)

Afc Morecambe in North West Counties is a real possibility - just like Macclesfield and Bury
Redalert1970

Postby Redalert1970 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:02 pm

Wonder if Jason even knows how many points we have or what position we are in the league 2 table
Redalert1970

Postby black morse » Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:42 pm

Just a thought......a small staticand peaceful protest outside Jason's house might cause him some embarrassment. My understanding is that so long as it is small, static and peaceful you do not have to notify the police as it is legal. Care would have to be taken to ensure any statement on placards etc. were not libellous but I can't see how this action would rebound on the club. Distance would be a problem however.

Just a thought.
black morse

Postby Redalert1970 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:36 am

We have reached lunch time on a Monday and no bad news coming out of the club

Must be the first time for months

Maybe we might get some good news this week
Redalert1970

Postby Westgate Wanderer » Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:41 pm

It will all happen next Monday. Players released, manager off to pastures old. :?:
Don't worry be happy!
Westgate Wanderer

Postby Billy bodger » Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:55 pm

Players are released on June 1st if I remember right.

What will happen with Ged, he is contracted for another 12mths.

I’m off to watch his interview after Saturdays game, he beginning to look not in a good place, when you think about his interviews back at the end of February and who can blame him? For what it’s worth I would welcome him being manager at the start of the next season, if he goes good luck to him and that he never has to face the problems he has had as manager here.
Billy bodger

Postby black morse » Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:16 pm

Billy bodger wrote:Players are released on June 1st if I remember right.

What will happen with Ged, he is contracted for another 12mths.

I’m off to watch his interview after Saturdays game, he beginning to look not in a good place, when you think about his interviews back at the end of February and who can blame him? For what it’s worth I would welcome him being manager at the start of the next season, if he goes good luck to him and that he never has to face the problems he has had as manager here.

Statement releasing of most of the squad was released on May 8th last season. So we should know the worst in the next couple of weeks. Oh Joy!
black morse

Next

Return to General Discussion