Stokes
Rawson
Songo'o
McKiernan
Edwards
Barker
Slew
Brown

Obviously not all will fit Ged's criteria for next season so it will be interesting to see who of the above stay or decide to go elsewhere in search of a few more pennies.

:?: :?: :?:
redrobo

Re: Contract extension for the following?

Postby Billy bodger » Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:37 pm

Cannot argue with that really, I think most fans would have most of them here again next season, whichever League we are in.

Other Morecambe fans I have talked to are not in favour of Love staying, I’m open minded as long as he never plays full back!! the small amount of games where he has played in midfield he did show its a roll that might suit him, the only question against that is that he is allegedly our highest paid player. Person ally I think he will go thou.

The new guy up front Hiwula, has shown promise with his physical presence and will only get better with match fitness, so maybe add him and I have always liked Max Melbourne, (we hardly loose when he plays) so would definitely add hoping to your list.

We will lose our loaned players again but if GED can do good business again like he did in January we will do alright with a reasonably strong squad with a mixture of youth and experience.

We wait and see if any follow Charlie in putting pen to paper.
Billy bodger

Postby BerlinWaller » Wed Mar 06, 2024 4:46 pm

I believe one of our star players will trigger an extension with 1 more appearance.
BerlinWaller

Postby vvm » Wed Mar 06, 2024 4:59 pm

Wouldn't disagree with many of them either. Barker is a tough one though, injured through presumably no fault of his own but ultimately it's still a tough one to justify. Might entirely depend on what level of wage he is on.

Could have been similar to when we signed Crowley last season in that we may have got a player slightly cheaper than their ability would demand as they're trying to get their foot back in the door of English football. Wouldn't want to throw that opportunity away too soon if that's the case.
vvm

Postby Billy bodger » Wed Mar 06, 2024 5:39 pm

BerlinWaller wrote:I believe one of our star players will trigger an extension with 1 more appearance.

If I understand it correctly when it comes to a contracted player with an extension clause it is somewhat in the Clubs favour. It is up to the club to trigger them if contractual terms are met. I would have thought thous who were given them when they joined Morecambe FC, where on very similar terms.

Maybe players had to reach a certain number of games before a Club can trigger the Clause.

Charlie has played in 14 games with 7 stars!! So was that the point when the extension was triggered?

Senior on the other hand has had 34 games, 34 starts. So you have to ask yourself does he have an extension clause and if he does when does the trigger kick in?
Billy bodger

Postby redrobo » Thu Mar 07, 2024 3:31 pm

In Ged's pre Wrexham interview on the OWS he says that they club have offered contracts to 10 of the current squad.....

:)
redrobo

Postby Phoenix Shrimp 2017 » Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:58 pm

redrobo wrote:In Ged's pre Wrexham interview on the OWS he says that they club have offered contracts to 10 of the current squad.....

Excellent news that we are able to do this following the worrying times of the last close season.
Phoenix Shrimp 2017

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:23 pm

Phoenix Shrimp 2017 wrote:
redrobo wrote:In Ged's pre Wrexham interview on the OWS he says that they club have offered contracts to 10 of the current squad.....

Excellent news that we are able to do this following the worrying times of the last close season.

Excellent if most of them accept and sign. Depends how many of them retain agents similar to the one Cole Stockton was advised by which did him no favours with just a handful of goals this season.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby P/T Indie » Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:18 pm

There must be something going on behind the scenes for us to offer so many.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:04 am

P/T Indie wrote:There must be something going on behind the scenes for us to offer so many.

I thought that too. Charlie Brown must have been offered some sort of pay increase to re-sign 3 months out from the window as well as accepting an option for another year.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby Billy bodger » Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:16 am

Rod at the fans forum talked a little how much players wages had reason in league 2 since our promotion year. I expect them to go up again.

Those players who are at the end of a 2yr deal will be wanting a pay rise which ever league we are in. If Ged can keep a good number of the players he has given offers too I would think that is good business. If any player is stalling (agents!!), not a lot we can do, we will have to wait.

Those other players that were given a 1 yr contract or less till the end of the season will be in the same boat as those above.

Also if there are any players Ged already has an eye on, be ready when the window opens. I’m sure we will do good business on loan players once again, we have gained a reputation as a Club who bring players on and I hope we get a new crop of loanees as good as our last couple of intakes.

Unfortunately I do expect to lose some players that have done exceptionally well, I can see more wealthier clubs in both League 1&2 taking them off our hands. Others that have just not been at it I am sure will find other clubs like last years players.
Billy bodger

Postby P/T Indie » Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:16 pm

Have we offered so many contracts so early on seems a bit strange thought normally contracts were sorted at the end of the season.

Someone somewhere has guaranteed some funds for next season.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Return to General Discussion