O/T Telford new USA owners

O/T Telford new USA owners

Postby redrobo » Mon Feb 26, 2024 3:56 pm

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68401553

Telford along with Carlisle are the latest club to have new owners with USA connections.
redrobo

Re: O/T Telford new USA owners

Postby Born again Bill » Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:21 pm

Now looks like Rochdale is about to be bought by an American consortium ! ……….What do we have todo ??????
Born again Bill

Postby Angler1 » Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:56 pm

I guess we can't be as good a prospect as the clubs you mentioned..
Angler1

Postby Freez » Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:16 pm

I don’t know?
Perhaps these clubs have more debt but more assets?
Training ground for Dale for instance?
Who knows.
Our debt isn’t half as bad as many clubs in this division and it only gets worse up the pyramid, I’d prefer somebody local or at least northern taking us over, as Yank owners are all well and good but can’t see them wanting to be here for the long haul!
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby Billy bodger » Fri Mar 01, 2024 11:12 am

If the sticking point is still what the Bond Group are asking for the Club, who knows when a buyer will come along and offer what the Bond Group want! How much are these Americans buying Rochdale, Carlisle, Telford for!! Are they so much cheaper than our asking price.

Another sticking point could be the land not being owned by the Club, but if any buyer is getting a football club and not paying rent, isn’t that a great safety net for the Club? and a great thing for the owners?

The debate at the fans forum only went so far and it was clear that the debate was never going to be elaborated upon, so we know there is still interest but it is not over the line.

For myself the Bond Group will wait till they know which League we are in before they sell or not, who knows the buyers might have a League One price and a League Two price!! So my gut feeling nothing before the end of the season.

For me, the important issue is next years team, which ever League we are in, there are a good number of players we have now that would fit in League One or will make a basis of a strong squad for next year, either way we need to tie them down A.S.A.P.

On the Shrimps panel pod cast it was alluded to the Ex-Premiership players wanting to buy a Club in the Midlands or North West are Berkamp, Larson and Kuyt. Just talk or what??
Billy bodger

Return to General Discussion