Fans Forum Just Finished.

Fans Forum Just Finished.

Postby Billy bodger » Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:43 pm

An evening that went as well as it could have gone, certainly better than I thought it would. Who can give us a definitive answer on the sale front??

The open questions session was an open and honest exchange between the fans and board. A bit disconcerting on the players front for next year, we will have wait and see how it pans out, it won’t be for the want of trying, but its the nature of the game nowadays and is somewhat out of the control of Clubs, as it once was.

Budgets restraints are hard and the money that is needed to run clubs is money that Morecambe don’t particularly have in abundance. What is good though is what Morecambe do with its budget, the players they bring in and in the loaning of younger players from other Clubs is paying off somewhat, Clubs want to loan players to Morecambe, they know they will get game time, handled properly and a good experience to take back to the parent club.

It seems we are investing in trying to bring more players in from our academy to build on the success of the likes of Adam, as a way forward so for me that’s good.

I believe it was recorded and will be posted on certain platforms so take a look and draw your own conclusions!!
Billy bodger

Re: Fans Forum Just Finished.

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:34 am

Billy bodger wrote:An evening that went as well as it could have gone, certainly better than I thought it would. Who can give us a definitive answer on the sale front??

The open questions session was an open and honest exchange between the fans and board. A bit disconcerting on the players front for next year, we will have wait and see how it pans out, it won’t be for the want of trying, but its the nature of the game nowadays and is somewhat out of the control of Clubs, as it once was.

Budgets restraints are hard and the money that is needed to run clubs is money that Morecambe don’t particularly have in abundance. What is good though is what Morecambe do with its budget, the players they bring in and in the loaning of younger players from other Clubs is paying off somewhat, Clubs want to loan players to Morecambe, they know they will get game time, handled properly and a good experience to take back to the parent club.

It seems we are investing in trying to bring more players in from our academy to build on the success of the likes of Adam, as a way forward so for me that’s good.

I believe it was recorded and will be posted on certain platforms so take a look and draw your own conclusions!!

Do we know when it will be posted and where ?

Was any mention made about the deposit to cover wages and the EFL charge regarding it ?
Gone_Shrimping

Postby P/T Indie » Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:07 pm

I see the Lancaster guardian has posted an article saying Graham stayed at the forum that there is an interested party.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby Billy bodger » Sun Feb 25, 2024 4:10 pm

It was supposed to be two 45 min sessions, the first submitted questions lasted over an hour. The second from the floor which lasted an hour. Might be being edited? etc I suppose it will be on Club website and Facebook page and hopefully on here?

The hearing was mentioned, no indication when it will be, but the Club believe they have a good case that will exonerate the Club. I always like to read between the lines when you are being told things and it’s how they phrase the answers, so to speak, so I have my thoughts but could be wrong.

Yes we were told there are interested parties, nothing as yet that is over the line and talks are continuing.

Take from that what you want.

The ‘we are for sale march’ was discussed and the consensus of opinion was to be effected it has to be done in the right way and be well supported.

What is well supported?? 10% of fans? 20% of fans. So 10% is about 250-300 and 20% 500-600. It being organised by the Trust so they need to make sure we are somewhere near those numbers at least. Hopefully the numbers are higher as surly Morecambe fans want the sake of the club to happen and new owners installed, definitely before next season in my book.
Billy bodger

Postby redrobo » Sun Feb 25, 2024 4:28 pm

Certainly looking forward to the forum being posted on SVs.

With regards to the sale of the club, my info is that one of the problems for any new prospective new owner as they see it is the fact that the ground is held in the name of JBs Trust ( :?: ) and therefore can not be included in any sale which to some investors may be a problem. In other words all a new owner will be investing in is the team and the buildings surrounding the stadium NOT the playing area.

Not sure if my info is correct so maybe some legal eagle can clarify one way or t'other.... :?: :?: :?:

If my info is wrong then my apology. :cry:
redrobo

Postby Billy bodger » Sun Feb 25, 2024 5:06 pm

redrobo wrote:Certainly looking forward to the forum being posted on SVs.

With regards to the sale of the club, my info is that one of the problems for any new prospective new owner as they see it is the fact that the ground is held in the name of JBs Trust ( :?: ) and therefore can not be included in any sale which to some investors may be a problem. In other words all a new owner will be investing in is the team and the buildings surrounding the stadium NOT the playing area.

Not sure if my info is correct so maybe some legal eagle can clarify one way or t'other.... :?: :?: :?:

If my info is wrong then my apology. :cry:

My understanding is when the Club moved from Christy Park the covenant was transferred to the new stadium. Basically it has to be used for football and associated commercial activities, so why would a buyer not want that, what other plans would the buyers have? Especially when Morecambe FC Ltd has rent free lease back on the ground!!

A good explanation of The JB Christy’s Trust and what it entails is on the Shrimps Trust Morecambe FC website.
Billy bodger

Postby Phil Anderer » Sun Feb 25, 2024 6:14 pm

Billy bodger wrote:It was supposed to be two 45 min sessions, the first submitted questions lasted over an hour. The second from the floor which lasted an hour. Might be being edited? etc I suppose it will be on Club website and Facebook page and hopefully on here?

The hearing was mentioned, no indication when it will be, but the Club believe they have a good case that will exonerate the Club. I always like to read between the lines when you are being told things and it’s how they phrase the answers, so to speak, so I have my thoughts but could be wrong.

Yes we were told there are interested parties, nothing as yet that is over the line and talks are continuing.

The ‘we are for sale march’ was discussed and the consensus of opinion was to be effected it has to be done in the right way and be well supported.

What is well supported?? 10% of fans? 20% of fans. So 10% is about 250-300 and 20% 500-600. It being organised by the Trust so they need to make sure we are somewhere near those numbers at least. Hopefully the numbers are higher as surly Morecambe fans want the sake of the club to happen and new owners installed, definitely before next season in my book.

Surely it's all Morecambe fans, not just the surly ones? ;) :lol:
The 3 rules of Fascism:
1. Make stuff up;
2. Scream it loudly;
3. Kill people.
(copyright Eddie Izzard)
Phil Anderer

Postby Billy bodger » Sun Feb 25, 2024 6:26 pm

Phil Anderer wrote:
Billy bodger wrote:It was supposed to be two 45 min sessions, the first submitted questions lasted over an hour. The second from the floor which lasted an hour. Might be being edited? etc I suppose it will be on Club website and Facebook page and hopefully on here?

Oh I see what you mean!! On the day I hope everyone is in a good mood, in really do. I did notice sake instead of sale as soon as I entered Submit. Anyway the laugh is once again on me.
Billy bodger

Postby Phil Anderer » Sun Feb 25, 2024 9:35 pm

Billy bodger wrote:
Phil Anderer wrote:

Oh I see what you mean!! On the day I hope everyone is in a good mood, in really do. I did notice sake instead of sale as soon as I entered Submit. Anyway the laugh is once again on me.

I posted something too quick myself earlier, but spotted it straight away and edited it. We can all do things like that, I just thought making a pun out of surly instead of surely was a bit funny. (And just done it again :roll:)
The 3 rules of Fascism:
1. Make stuff up;
2. Scream it loudly;
3. Kill people.
(copyright Eddie Izzard)
Phil Anderer

Postby Old Man Kensey » Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:59 pm

https://www.morecambefc.com/news/2024/f ... orum-2024/

The video is up now on the Morecambe FC site.
The thrushes' bleeding battle with the wrens
Disrupts my reverie again
Old Man Kensey

Postby Billy bodger » Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:59 pm

Available on Morecambe FC website from this morning.
Billy bodger

Postby redrobo » Mon Feb 26, 2024 1:31 pm

Unable to go due to family commitments every Friday in Preston, so a big thanks to those responsible for the video presentation....much appreciated.

One question i would have loved to have asked Jason.....'Do you enjoy Hokey Cokey....you put money into an EFL fund....then you take it out....then you put it back in.... :?: :?: :?:

True of false.... :?: :?: :?:
redrobo

Return to General Discussion