John L

Re: Tranmere 2 Morecambe 3 [Brown, Slew, Davenport] LIVE thr

Postby Freez » Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:04 pm

We might be safe :D
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby ianmcm » Wed Feb 14, 2024 11:46 am

Looked good from what I saw (coverage was very glitchy) - enthusiastic, mobile, confident. Apart from the poor start it was a resilient and resourceful game from a side which has changed quite a bit since September.
ianmcm

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:18 pm

Freez wrote:We might be safe :D

Do we know whether or not any points will be deducted in respect of the deposit for wages ?
Gone_Shrimping

Postby shrimpsontoast » Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:25 pm

In the last 10 completed league two seasons, you needed the following points totals to be assured of safety:

44, 39, 46, 42, 46 (actually we stayed up on GD on 46), 47, 35, 42, 52, 52
shrimpsontoast

Postby redrobo » Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:47 pm

Gone_Shrimping wrote:

Do we know whether or not any points will be deducted in respect of the deposit for wages ?

Could be wrong but I suspect the money has been deposited as requested by the club and not Bond Group from the sale of Adam Mayor.

IF this has happened then hopefully any points deduction will now be void.

Heard nothing about the EFL meeting with regards to the money deposited and then withdrawn by Bond Group which I think :?: caused all the worry.
redrobo

Postby black morse » Wed Feb 14, 2024 6:40 pm

redrobo wrote:
Gone_Shrimping wrote:

Could be wrong but I suspect the money has been deposited as requested by the club and not Bond Group from the sale of Adam Mayor.

IF this has happened then hopefully any points deduction will now be void.

Heard nothing about the EFL meeting with regards to the money deposited and then withdrawn by Bond Group which I think :?: caused all the worry.

That is something that could be confirmed by the club surely? We don't need to know the details, though it would be interesting ;) , just that there will be no points reduction.
black morse

Postby Little Shrimp » Wed Feb 14, 2024 10:39 pm

Ged asked us to be patient with him, and it's now looking like it was with good reason! Barring some stupid errors in the first 10 minutes, we were utterly superb. The passing and movement when we had the ball was really quality.

I'm really enjoying the different positions our players are moving into to try and make space - Tutonda coming square into a central midfield position, Khumbeni shifting over to the wing at times, Brown moving across to the left flank. Also thoroughly enjoying Taylor being a bit of an orchestrator from deep, he's a real class act and it's the kind of position he did so well in for Port Vale.

I think Ged's been trying to coach a few different principles into the team when in possession with a bit more clever movement and passing on the deck, and it seems to really be settling nicely now. I'm also glad to see us still retain some of the positives of how Derek played, like the danger we have on the break and generally trying to attack at pace/in a positive way.

Hopefully Ged can keep kicking on with the side and things will be resolved well enough off the pitch to help let him to do so. I'm really interested to see how things will develop under him.
Little Shrimp

Postby Keith » Wed Feb 14, 2024 11:53 pm

Little Shrimp wrote:Tutonda coming square into a central midfield position

There have been lots of good performances recently, but Tutonda & Senior are my stand-outs at the moment. Their movement is incredible.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby sandgrown » Thu Feb 15, 2024 5:16 pm

just wish we shoot more from outside the box, watching the EFL highlights it seems every side is scoring from way out, hope Davenport has started a new trend !
sandgrown

Previous

Return to General Discussion