GED Tranmere pre-match interview

GED Tranmere pre-match interview

Postby Billy bodger » Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:39 am

As up beat as Ged was and rightly must be over 6 points from six. It was a bit worrying over his comments on the squad and that as well as the loan players going back the rest of the squad isn’t in a too dissimilar position as there contracts are up at the end of the season.

I have been advocating for some time surely we should not let the same happen as did last year, telling the players to look for alternative employment. There is nothing about being in talks with anyone in the current squad about offering them an extended contract. I believe there are options on some of the contracts (they might be players Derek brought to the Club), but now the January Transfare’s window is shut is the time to do something.

I hope Ged wants to keep players, but get in there before there agents find them somewhere else.

Are we to start all over again recruiting another 20 new players. Surely the Board can make a conservative estimate on the playing budget and tie down the ones Ged wants to keep.

Is the ownership question casting that big a shadow over us?

This is a big question to try and get some answers to at the fans forum.
Billy bodger

Re: GED Tranmere pre-match interview

Postby redrobo » Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:47 am

I'm confident that discussions with players who GB wants to keep are underway as he doesn't want to face the same dilema as that of DA last close season,

Maybe we should let him and the BoDs get on with negotiations..... :?: :?: :?:
redrobo

Postby black morse » Tue Feb 13, 2024 3:29 pm

redrobo wrote:I'm confident that discussions with players who GB wants to keep are underway as he doesn't want to face the same dilema as that of DA last close season,

Maybe we should let him and the BoDs get on with negotiations..... :?: :?: :?:

Unless you know more than the rest of us how can you be "confident" of this RR? Unless Ged knows what his budget is for next year (which he probably doesn't) he can't start discussing contracts with anyone! I'm sure he'll want to keep quite a few of them if possible but whether he'll be able to is another matter. Much may depend on which league we are in and that is quite a long way off being clear.
black morse

Postby redrobo » Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:00 pm

In other seasons under different managers next seasons early contract discussions started in the New Year.

No reason to expect anything has changed considering we are in a far better place financially than this time last season.

Have some faith and some trust in our BoDs to be fully aware of not wanting to see a mass exodus of players due to the lack of activity.
redrobo

Return to General Discussion