Adam Mayor

Re: Adam Mayor

Postby redrobo » Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:51 am

Somewhat ironic on the day I post about the Gills getting a £million for one of their players that we learn of the possible deal to sell Adam for a figure that I doubt we will ever be told other than speculation.

Just hope that any money goes into an account that Jason can't access otherwise it could go in part to him...... :evil:

:o :o :o
redrobo

Postby Andy D » Wed Jan 31, 2024 12:05 pm

Reports are that Mayor as passed his medical at Millwall

-> https://the72.co.uk/2024/01/31/winger-c ... -transfer/
Andy D

Postby vvm » Wed Jan 31, 2024 12:13 pm

Wish him all the best and hopeful that it brings some decent funds into the club. If his agent on twitter is to be believed then he was itching for a move in the summer which didn't materialise.

Credit to him he's cracked on and played well for us this season, didn't throw his toys out like Stockton. A Championship move is a fantastic opportunity and he may go straight into their team according to some of their fans on twitter.

Equally I don't think we'll miss him too much, we have decent cover on the wings and his disciplinary record was becoming a bit of a concern.
vvm

Postby Seasider9601 » Wed Jan 31, 2024 12:53 pm

Aye, the second of our younger players to progress to the Championship in recent times.

Leif Davis doing a tremendous job for Ipswich Town and is being looked at by a fair few PL outfits now.
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby nobbyshrimp » Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:35 pm

Leif Davis has already played in the premier league with Leeds on a couple of occasions and was part of the championship team which won promotion, also went on loan to Bournemouth and he was later sold by Leeds to Ipswich for a fee over a million£
nobbyshrimp

Postby Seasider9601 » Wed Jan 31, 2024 3:00 pm

Signing confirmed by Millwall.
Seasider9601

Postby marky No.1 » Wed Jan 31, 2024 3:10 pm

Yep the last asset we had now gone, if it is the rumoured amount then good business for "us".

Just the tables and chairs left now
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby lancaster shrimp » Wed Jan 31, 2024 3:21 pm

Good luck to the lad. Now to reinvest the cash on the squad in the summer. This includes new contracts for Moore, Senior and JJ.
lancaster shrimp

Postby Andy D » Wed Jan 31, 2024 3:23 pm

Apparently its being paid in installments, spread out, what's a good thing, then it can't get spent all at once..
Andy D

Postby redrobo » Wed Jan 31, 2024 3:41 pm

Wish Adam all the best and fully deserved his chance at Championship level.

If the rumoured fee is what it is claimed to be then I hope that our BoDs invest for our future and give extended contracts to the following:

Senior, Moore, JJ, Tutonda, Stokes, Bedeau,Taylor and Brown to form the basis of our squad for next season.

If as I expect both Edwards and Barker prove to be excellent signings by Ged and Co then we have exciting and experienced players on both wings. Barker in particular once match fit could be outstanding assuming that he can cope with the physical side of EFL2.
redrobo

Postby BerlinWaller » Wed Jan 31, 2024 3:49 pm

A good move for a good prospect who performed well for us. Another notch for the impressive academy and it was good to see this one getting a chance in the first eleven.

The lad and his Agent clearly wanted to move on so hopefully all parties are happy with the deal.

We have said some bloody goodbyes this season.
BerlinWaller

Postby Hodgie1978 » Wed Jan 31, 2024 3:52 pm

Senior, Moore, JJ, Tutonda, Stokes, Bedeau,Taylor and Brown to form the basis of our squad for next season.

Sorry but when will Morecambe fans realise how bad our situation is?
I'll have a wager that they all find new clubs. As long as Jason is here we will be living on the bare bones
Hodgie1978

Postby glagys » Wed Jan 31, 2024 3:54 pm

Think Joel Senior is on 4 league yellows as well

Thought 5 was scrapped now just 10 cards in second half of the season
Could be wrong though
glagys

Postby glagys » Wed Jan 31, 2024 4:00 pm

What the rumours regarding the fee paid ??
glagys

Postby BerlinWaller » Wed Jan 31, 2024 4:03 pm

Hodgie1978 wrote:Senior, Moore, JJ, Tutonda, Stokes, Bedeau,Taylor and Brown to form the basis of our squad for next season.

Sorry but when will Morecambe fans realise how bad our situation is?
I'll have a wager that they all find new clubs. As long as Jason is here we will be living on the bare bones

Bills are getting paid, what else do you want? :roll:
BerlinWaller

Postby Billy bodger » Wed Jan 31, 2024 4:04 pm

Good luck to Adam, I really hope he does well down there at Millwall.

I don’t know what the rumoured amount is, but it’s important how the club use it. I few months ago I posted that if Adam is sold (at the time it was rumoured Blackpool where interested!!), its important how the Club use the money. Thou a roof for us Berlinwallers would be more than welcome, it imperative it is used to tie down the players Ged feels are worth keeping next season, NOW. We do not want the scenario of having to release almost everyone like at the end of last season.

I wonder if we will bring in someone or promote Fox-Akande to the first team squad and I hope Saul is given time with the first team squad and can get some first team game time.

Unfortunately that is what Morecambe have to do, find the young good player, bring them on and if someone then comes in with a good offer, don’t stand in the young lads way and by doing that help finance
the Club by helping to secure our League Status.

I believe Jim Harvey did it with great success.

We have a wonderful academy side at the moment and we should nurture that talent for the future.
Billy bodger

Postby Seasider9601 » Wed Jan 31, 2024 4:30 pm

Adam is the third Shrimp in recent times to have played for Millwall

Jon Obika and Christian Mbulu being the others.
Seasider9601

Postby BerlinWaller » Wed Jan 31, 2024 4:39 pm

Billy bodger wrote:Good luck to Adam, I really hope he does well down there at Millwall.

I don’t know what the rumoured amount is, but it’s important how the club use it. I few months ago I posted that if Adam is sold (at the time it was rumoured Blackpool where interested!!), its important how the Club use the money. Thou a roof for us Berlinwallers would be more than welcome, it imperative it is used to tie down the players Ged feels are worth keeping next season, NOW. We do not want the scenario of having to release almost everyone like at the end of last season.

I wonder if we will bring in someone or promote Fox-Akande to the first team squad and I hope Saul is given time with the first team squad and can get some first team game time.

Unfortunately that is what Morecambe have to do, find the young good player, bring them on and if someone then comes in with a good offer, don’t stand in the young lads way and by doing that help finance

We have a wonderful academy side at the moment and we should nurture that talent for the future.

Jim Harvey brought through some excellent footballers who went on to have very decent careers. Sadly, most of them left us for nowt but we did do very well with a couple.

The trouble is now that we are servicing a very high interest debt to our owner so the money will probably get swallowed up by that. It will be the same as it was when we sold Sam and Carlos, the Owner took out £1.8m then.
BerlinWaller

Postby Freez » Wed Jan 31, 2024 4:43 pm

I’m told that debt has been paid and is off the books now, thankfully.
And Bond group can’t get their hands on the money unless we turn a profit, which is unlikely.
Should keep us afloat for a bit.
Good luck to the lad.
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby Seasider9601 » Wed Jan 31, 2024 4:44 pm

BerlinWaller wrote:
Jim Harvey brought through some excellent footballers who went on to have very decent careers. Sadly, most of them left us for nowt but we did do very well with a couple.

John Hardiker being one who went to Stockport County for £150,000
Seasider9601

Postby BerlinWaller » Wed Jan 31, 2024 4:57 pm

Freez wrote:I’m told that debt has been paid and is off the books now, thankfully.
And Bond group can’t get their hands on the money unless we turn a profit, which is unlikely.
Good luck to the lad.

How was this summers investment arranged? The original budget was increased to the clubs highest ever? How was that funded? Did Jason issue more shares or did he arrange it as a loan?
BerlinWaller

Postby KenH » Wed Jan 31, 2024 5:21 pm

Freez wrote:I’m told that debt has been paid and is off the books now, thankfully.
Good luck to the lad.

That was two years ago. I presume the club will have continued making losses since then and needed more loan injections to cover the losses, certainly have to assume Jason lent money to the club for the current years' wages as that's what Derek and the Board were wanting confirmed when they said there was no player budget which meant all players were let go last Spring.

Down to the Board now, whether to use the Mayor money to repay the latest loans (to avoid the cripplingly high interest) or keep the loans and spend some/all of it on players instead. A very difficult decision to make for them (again!).
KenH

Postby Freez » Wed Jan 31, 2024 5:29 pm

Sarb put 100k/150k in for shares, not sure which figure is correct tbf.
There is presumption that if Jason did loan money this season it was at the preposterous interest rate that PMG agreed to, which would be suicidal. Will try and find out, may be worth a question at the Fans Forum?
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby BerlinWaller » Wed Jan 31, 2024 5:38 pm

Sarb bought 200k shares didn't they and that will be 12 months ago now.

Jason seems to fund the running of the club with high interest loans year on year.

Ken is right, a big choice for the BoD's to make.
BerlinWaller

Postby Billy bodger » Wed Jan 31, 2024 6:11 pm

BerlinWaller wrote:
Billy bodger wrote:Good luck to Adam, I really hope he does well down there at Millwall.

The trouble is now that we are servicing a very high interest debt to our owner so the money will probably get swallowed up by that. It will be the same as it was when we sold Sam and Carlos, the Owner took out £1.8m then.

£1.8M, that could of built us a roof and I would still have my trusty umbrella.
Billy bodger

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion