Adam Mayor

Re: Adam Mayor

Postby Westgate Wanderer » Wed Jan 31, 2024 6:13 pm

Rather have players than a roof at the moment!
Don't worry be happy!
Westgate Wanderer

Postby Billy bodger » Wed Jan 31, 2024 6:13 pm

Reputed around £300,000 + being mentioned in London press.
Billy bodger

Postby Billy bodger » Wed Jan 31, 2024 6:36 pm

Westgate Wanderer wrote:Rather have players than a roof at the moment!

I put the same in an earlier post, especially tying down those aged wants for next season, have a feeling Jason may take some (goodness forbid all of it).

Just throwing out there that the Premiership has not negotiated how much EFL teams will get off them, the last I read and if I understand it League Two teams get circular £520,000 per year over next 6 yrs and the deal is being held up by the ‘big six’!! The Premiership have to have 14 votes in favour and no vote yet.

I think it’s going to really impact negatively on Clubs like Morecambe.
Billy bodger

Postby Angler1 » Wed Jan 31, 2024 7:50 pm

Basically we've sold our best young talent abd we will gain bugger all from it, reading some of the posts about our debt...
Angler1

Postby nobbyshrimp » Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:01 pm

So, ‘if’ true then we have gained a lot from it, we’ve had our debt paid off which is costing us a lot of interest so excellent news imo. The world of business is a hard life, ignore these debts and be another Macclesfield, Bury, Aldershot, Scunthorpe to name just a few that have been or are in trouble
nobbyshrimp

Postby Freez » Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:54 pm

Ok, done some digging, Ken is not correct, no loans from Jason at all since the payment of the last one was completed. That’s from the club.
The club IS running at a loss, the budget was and is the highest in the clubs history in League Two.
So the money from Mayor cannot be touched by Jason, any money leaving the club MUST be ratified by the board, let’s get that straight. It isnt in a series of payments, it’s cash, now, so a good deal for the club and should see us ok for a few months.
Should he make a success at Millwall, there is a built in add on should he be sold and extras for Internationals etc.
It’s more than the rumoured 300k, but less than 400k, that’s all I’ve been told. Caring is sharing.
Hope that clarifies things and removes some of the doom and gloom re where will the money go? :D
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby redrobo » Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:59 pm

nobbyshrimp wrote:So, ‘if’ true then we have gained a lot from it, we’ve had our debt paid off which is costing us a lot of interest so excellent news imo. The world of business is a hard life, ignore these debts and be another Macclesfield, Bury, Aldershot, Scunthorpe to name just a few that have been or are in trouble

Have I missed something.... :?: :?: :?:

No where can I find any mention of what our BoDs plan or have done with the fee from Millwall.

Pure speculation about paying off Jason's loan and until it is confirmed one or the other then making assumptions about the money etc is totally out of order.

:evil: :evil: :evil:
redrobo

Postby BerlinWaller » Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:47 pm

Thanks for the info Freez. With very little info coming from the club, rumours spread quite quickly.
BerlinWaller

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:54 pm

In the year ended 31st May 2022 the accounts showed a profit of £1,273,251. I think that they forecast that the club would make a loss in the year ended 31 May 2023 however we won't know the amount lost until May.

The fee for Adam Mayor will most likely help the club to break even in the year ended 31 May 2024 so anyone thinking it will be used to sign a centre forward could be disappointed.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby vvm » Thu Feb 01, 2024 10:36 am

Freez wrote:Ok, done some digging, Ken is not correct, no loans from Jason at all since the payment of the last one was completed. That’s from the club.
The club IS running at a loss, the budget was and is the highest in the clubs history in League Two.
So the money from Mayor cannot be touched by Jason, any money leaving the club MUST be ratified by the board, let’s get that straight. It isnt in a series of payments, it’s cash, now, so a good deal for the club and should see us ok for a few months.
Should he make a success at Millwall, there is a built in add on should he be sold and extras for Internationals etc.
It’s more than the rumoured 300k, but less than 400k, that’s all I’ve been told. Caring is sharing.
Hope that clarifies things and removes some of the doom and gloom re where will the money go? :D

Cheers Freez
vvm

Postby redrobo » Thu Feb 01, 2024 12:45 pm

With the money from this sale and that from our cup exploits this season I reckon we are circa £500,000 better off than when the season started AND £500K more than our BoDs anticipated.

For me the extra money or at least a good percentage should go to securing certain player next season (a list was given showing my preferences previously) so that Ged and Co don't need to do a complete rebuild as in previous seasons.

With the development of a number of Academy players the squad should have a good mix of youth and experience especially if we can tie both Edwards and Barker to a contract.

:?: :?: :?:
redrobo

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Feb 01, 2024 1:17 pm

redrobo wrote:With the money from this sale and that from our cup exploits this season I reckon we are circa £500,000 better off than when the season started AND £500K more than our BoDs anticipated.

For me the extra money or at least a good percentage should go to securing certain player next season (a list was given showing my preferences previously) so that Ged and Co don't need to do a complete rebuild as in previous seasons.

With the development of a number of Academy players the squad should have a good mix of youth and experience especially if we can tie both Edwards and Barker to a contract.

As has been pointed out, most of this money is to keep the Club running for a few months till season ticket money gives us a boost.
We maybe have more income than last financial year, but the costs will have spiralled. Staff wages, loss of Saturday games and paying for extra floodlighting on a Tuesday night must be costing a fortune.
We offer the cheapest season ticket prices to get people in but how much do they spend other than a home game every couple of weeks?

We made a profit in L1 with extra efl payments, sales of players, Spurs cup run and then managers compensation.
The accounts should be announced fairly soon so we will see.

Difficult balancing act
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby redrobo » Thu Feb 01, 2024 1:20 pm

Forgot to add the compensation for DA moving on. Not sure how much that would have been but maybe a reduction in the current manager's salary from that of DA as well.... :?: :?: :?:
redrobo

Postby Billy bodger » Thu Feb 01, 2024 1:50 pm

marky No.1 wrote:
redrobo wrote:With the money from this sale and that from our cup exploits this season I reckon we are circa £500,000 better off than when the season started AND £500K more than our BoDs anticipated.

As has been pointed out, most of this money is to keep the Club running for a few months till season ticket money gives us a boost.
We maybe have more income than last financial year, but the costs will have spiralled. Staff wages, loss of Saturday games and paying for extra floodlighting on a Tuesday night must be costing a fortune.
We offer the cheapest season ticket prices to get people in but how much do they spend other than a home game every couple of weeks?

We made a profit in L1 with extra efl payments, sales of players, Spurs cup run and then managers compensation.
The accounts should be announced fairly soon so we will see.

Difficult balancing act

All well and good but money on any capital loans outstanding will need repaying, so maybe not as much left as we think?
Billy bodger

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 1:38 pm

Comes on off the bench for Millwall with 15 minutes to prove himself , 2.1 down at Coventry
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby redrobo » Sun Feb 11, 2024 1:57 pm

marky No.1 wrote:Comes on off the bench for Millwall with 15 minutes to prove himself , 2.1 down at Coventry

If that is the standard of both teams in the Championship then Adam will surely prosper. The ball seemed in the air all the time with very little on the deck.

Possibly biased but on that showing we could be proud of how we play with more football on the deck rather than in the air.

Little constructive play from either team.

Adam has nothing to fear.....
redrobo

Postby Redalert1970 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 2:49 pm

I watch tons of championship football Neil and the standard is better than that

Some of the football Leeds and Southampton are playing is best I've seen in the championship for a long long time
Redalert1970

Postby redrobo » Sun Feb 11, 2024 2:56 pm

Redalert1970 wrote:I watch tons of championship football Neil and the standard is better than that

Some of the football Leeds and Southampton are playing is best I've seen in the championship for a long long time

I was referring to that particular game and NOT a reflection of other teams in that league.
redrobo

Previous

Return to General Discussion