Sarbjot Johal

Re: Sarbjot Johal

Postby twosheds » Tue Feb 14, 2023 10:59 am

Gone_Shrimping wrote:
twosheds wrote:I didn't see our prospective owners up in the posh seats this afternoon...just coincidence or...

They were at the Mazuma yesterday afternoon (Monday). Their car was in the home directors spaces.

Let's see what transpires from this....
twosheds

Postby Born again Bill » Tue Feb 14, 2023 11:18 am

They were at the Mazuma yesterday afternoon (Monday). Their car was in the home directors spaces.[/quote]

Let's see what transpires from this....[/quote]

According to the facecloth post for a meeting with the trust , if so lets hope we can get some clarity !
Born again Bill

Postby black morse » Tue Feb 14, 2023 11:38 am

If they were meeting the Trust it would seem they intend going ahead otherwise why would they bother?
black morse

Postby redrobo » Tue Feb 14, 2023 5:05 pm

Born again Bill wrote:They were at the Mazuma yesterday afternoon (Monday). Their car was in the home directors spaces.

Let's hope that the meeting took place and that the fans and in particular the Trust genuine concerns on a number of issues have been raised and that Johal is fully aware of the fans concern about the deal and the all important question about his access to funding now and going forward has been satisfactorily answered.

:?: :?: :?:
redrobo

Postby Mr Grumpy » Tue Feb 14, 2023 7:45 pm

redrobo wrote:
Born again Bill wrote:They were at the Mazuma yesterday afternoon (Monday). Their car was in the home directors spaces.

Let's hope that the meeting took place and that the fans and in particular the Trust genuine concerns on a number of issues have been raised and that Johal is fully aware of the fans concern about the deal and the all important question about his access to funding now and going forward has been satisfactorily answered.

:?: :?: :?:

Do you not know how to use a comma?

We don't need to hope anything since the meeting has already happened. Would take 30 seconds for a trust member who attended said meeting to confirm the outcome... Yet, here we are, awaiting news as bystanders as said trust have bemoaned from the club. LOL.
Mr Grumpy

Postby al1 » Tue Feb 14, 2023 7:51 pm

What can the 'trust' confirm? Only people who can confirm anything are the EFL!
al1

Postby Mr Grumpy » Tue Feb 14, 2023 7:55 pm

al1 wrote:What can the 'trust' confirm? Only people who can confirm anything are the EFL!

Well, they can confirm the outcome of the talks they supposedly held, no?
Mr Grumpy

Postby P/T Indie » Tue Feb 14, 2023 8:55 pm

Looks like he is at Hillsborough tonight his associate has put a picture on twitter.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby Keith » Tue Feb 14, 2023 9:11 pm

Mr Grumpy wrote:
al1 wrote:What can the 'trust' confirm? Only people who can confirm anything are the EFL!

I can confirm that talks definitely took place.
I think a statement from the Trust will soon be released (tomorrow?)
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Hodgie1978 » Tue Feb 14, 2023 11:01 pm

The Trust will release a statement when ready
Is Mr Grumpy a member of the Trust?
Hodgie1978

Postby Mr Grumpy » Wed Feb 15, 2023 8:15 am

Hodgie1978 wrote:The Trust will release a statement when ready
Is Mr Grumpy a member of the Trust?

A lifetime member, Podgie. No rush for the general public to be kept in the loop, though. :roll:
Mr Grumpy

Postby Hodgie1978 » Wed Feb 15, 2023 9:08 am

So you've emailed the Trust about why there has been a delay in the statement?
We are working hard behind the scenes and we want to do everything right for our members. Being a lifetime member surely you'd understand that but I don't believe you are.
Hodgie1978

Postby BerlinWaller » Wed Feb 15, 2023 9:16 am

Keith wrote:
Mr Grumpy wrote:

I can confirm that talks definitely took place.
I think a statement from the Trust will soon be released (tomorrow?)

Good to see that the Trust have elected you as spokesman Keith, just what we all needed.
BerlinWaller

Postby Mr Grumpy » Wed Feb 15, 2023 9:51 am

Hodgie1978 wrote:So you've emailed the Trust about why there has been a delay in the statement?
We are working hard behind the scenes and we want to do everything right for our members. Being a lifetime member surely you'd understand that but I don't believe you are.

OK, I'll bite.

Firstly, it doesn't matter what you "believe" because it's a fact.

Secondly, the trust were spitting their feathers about being out of the loop when the club clearly asked for patience. Now it is you who is taking your time and it is acceptable to become nil-by-mouth? That's my point, it remains valid.

I have no issue with taking your time to construct communication in a way which can't be misconstrued. I just don't believe it's fair for you to have a weep about one thing and then go and do the same thing.

:?
Mr Grumpy

Postby Keith » Wed Feb 15, 2023 11:00 am

BerlinWaller wrote:Good to see that the Trust have elected you as spokesman Keith, just what we all needed.

There was a discussion in this thread about whether a meeting took place or not?
I contacted a Trust committee member to clarify.
They confirmed that one took place and that a statement would be released today.
I asked if that information could be shared yesterday.
They said it could.

Do you ever do anything that is positive, rather than simply sarcastically sniping from the sidelines?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby BerlinWaller » Wed Feb 15, 2023 11:30 am

Keith wrote:
BerlinWaller wrote:Good to see that the Trust have elected you as spokesman Keith, just what we all needed.

There was a discussion in this thread about whether a meeting took place or not?
They confirmed that one took place and that a statement would be released today.
They said it could.

Do you ever do anything that is positive, rather than simply sarcastically sniping from the sidelines?

Not really, no
BerlinWaller

Postby Phil Anderer » Wed Feb 15, 2023 5:00 pm

BerlinWaller wrote:
Keith wrote:

They said it could.

Not really, no

You'll never be a politican, indulging in such brutal honesty :lol:
The 3 rules of Fascism:
1. Make stuff up;
2. Scream it loudly;
3. Kill people.
(copyright Eddie Izzard)
Phil Anderer

Postby twosheds » Wed Feb 15, 2023 5:32 pm

Statement from Shrimps Trust following meeting with Sarbjot Johal etc...

https://m.facebook.com/ShrimpsTrust/?ts ... rce=result
twosheds

Postby black morse » Wed Feb 15, 2023 6:29 pm

Can't see that there is much more the Trust can do. We are in the hands of the EFL due diligence process now! :roll:
black morse

Postby black morse » Wed Feb 15, 2023 6:44 pm

The question that keeps cropping up in my mind is Why? Why does this guy want to buy our club? I don't like any of the answers I come up with!
black morse

Postby BerlinWaller » Wed Feb 15, 2023 7:14 pm

black morse wrote:The question that keeps cropping up in my mind is Why? Why does this guy want to buy our club? I don't like any of the answers I come up with!

If he plans to invest in the playing squad it is going to be upwards of 5mil a season. If he wants to build a training ground then he is looking at upwards of 20 mil, Blackpool are looking at the figure for theirs. How much to redevelop the BW these days when materials are sky high? It is a lot of money to put in with very little chance of getting any return.
BerlinWaller

Postby Wild Bill » Wed Feb 15, 2023 11:03 pm

There's definitely some serious questions as to why some random guy wants to buy a small club with limited revenue streams. For me though there's no evidence this guy has any real money to invest. Lemos passed the EFL tests, so what's changed to make us any more confident Johal will be stopped?
I am the Thai Shrimp!
Wild Bill

Postby P/T Indie » Wed Feb 15, 2023 11:56 pm

One part of me thinks he does have loads of cash and he thinks buying a football club will be fun like a rich man's toy if so fair enough. The other part of me thinks the same as everyone else I always wonder are potential buyers made aware that the ground is in trust or do the sellers keep that part quiet? Because we have bugger all assets.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby Redalert1970 » Thu Feb 16, 2023 12:02 am

I think it sounds quite promising

Really hope lots of fans are eating their words when the Mr Johal takes over in the near future
Redalert1970

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Thu Feb 16, 2023 8:56 am

P/T Indie wrote:One part of me thinks he does have loads of cash and he thinks buying a football club will be fun like a rich man's toy if so fair enough. The other part of me thinks the same as everyone else I always wonder are potential buyers made aware that the ground is in trust or do the sellers keep that part quiet? Because we have bugger all assets.

If they have proper advisers , solicitors accountants etc , then they should have done due diligence and know exactly what they are buying.
Gone_Shrimping

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion