Steve Morrison signs...

Steve Morrison signs...

Postby Howe Magic » Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:18 pm

3 year contract extension at Stevenage keeping him at broadhall way till end of 2012 season
Howe Magic

Re: Steve Morrison signs...

Postby steve mfc » Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:26 pm

Howe Magic wrote:3 year contract extension at Stevenage keeping him at broadhall way till end of 2012 season

Had me going there.
steve mfc

Postby Pandashrimp » Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:27 pm

How he isn't playing Football League is beyond me. Very consistant goalscorer. Gills splashed out on Simeon Jackson, Posh on about every non-league player with talent (Boyd, Mclean, Mackail-Smith, rendell.... HOWE!), i can't believe a FL club doesn't see Morrison worth the risk. Mind you 3 yr extension means that if a club does come in, they will be paying a fair price now though.
Pandashrimp

Postby John L » Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:16 am

Pandashrimp wrote:How he isn't playing Football League is beyond me. Very consistant goalscorer. Gills splashed out on Simeon Jackson, Posh on about every non-league player with talent (Boyd, Mclean, Mackail-Smith, rendell.... HOWE!), i can't believe a FL club doesn't see Morrison worth the risk. Mind you 3 yr extension means that if a club does come in, they will be paying a fair price now though.

Stevenage appear to have, for the first time in a few years, a very good chance of promotion, so he could end up in the league with them, or at least make a move in the summer should they not win promotion. Anyway, as you say, probably good business by the club.
John L

Postby steve mfc » Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:33 pm

John L wrote:
Pandashrimp wrote:How he isn't playing Football League is beyond me. Very consistant goalscorer. Gills splashed out on Simeon Jackson, Posh on about every non-league player with talent (Boyd, Mclean, Mackail-Smith, rendell.... HOWE!), i can't believe a FL club doesn't see Morrison worth the risk. Mind you 3 yr extension means that if a club does come in, they will be paying a fair price now though.

Stevenage appear to have, for the first time in a few years, a very good chance of promotion, so he could end up in the league with them, or at least make a move in the summer should they not win promotion. Anyway, as you say, probably good business by the club.

It seems he has a clause in the contract which enables him to leave the club at the end of this season if they don't make it into the football league, a predetermined fee has been agreed one i would imagine which is realistic so that clubs are not put off, either way he should be playing league football next season.
steve mfc

Postby heysham_mfc » Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:30 pm

don't forget that fantastic goal keeper that now plays on the south coast :roll:
heysham_mfc

Return to General Discussion