Accy sponsors lay offs

Accy sponsors lay offs

Postby Christies Child » Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:24 pm

Fraser Eagle who sponsor Accy and were our team coach company last season have made a number of drivers redundant due to the financial climate.

It's believed that they will not see out the month, which makes the move to Options by our Board at the beginning of the season a good move, although I understand that it was due in part to being offered a better deal and more comfort on board.
Last edited by Christies Child on Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Re: Sponsor lay offs

Postby Gnasher » Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:29 pm

And we're safe with the likes of mopay? It's not like they'd make people redundant, is it?
Legally permitted to use "Gnasher" by DC Thomson's lawyers since 1999.
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Postby morecambe mick » Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:32 pm

Yeah that was a bit cruel and mis-leading Neil :evil:

I've got friends who work for Mopay.
morecambe mick

Postby Christies Child » Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:33 pm

Gnasher wrote:And we're safe with the likes of mopay? It's not like they'd make people redundant, is it?

Nobody is safe Brian......
Christies Child

Postby Christies Child » Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:35 pm

morecambe mick wrote:Yeah that was a bit cruel and mis-leading Neil :evil:

Sorry Mick, but it wasn't me who brought Mopay into the discussion.
Christies Child

Postby morecambe mick » Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:37 pm

Christies Child wrote:
morecambe mick wrote:Yeah that was a bit cruel and mis-leading Neil :evil:

Sorry Mick, but it wasn't me who brought Mopay into the discussion.

Err.... the clue is in the title "Sponsors lay offs" :?
morecambe mick

Postby Christies Child » Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:40 pm

Oooops.....I now see the link.

Sorrryyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

HEADER NOW CORRECTED
Christies Child

Postby Paul Mac » Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:03 pm

Gnasher wrote:And we're safe with the likes of mopay? It's not like they'd make people redundant, is it?

On the contrary. We've just taken on.
Beidh ár lá linn
Paul Mac

Re: Accy sponsors lay offs

Postby PUNKISDEAD » Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:56 pm

Companies hire people when they need them and fire them when they do not need them, simple as that, why would anybody hire some one they they do not need.

In recession the unfortunates who get laid off get redundancy money, state help etc, as opposed to small businesses, who, in a downturn, get hassled by the revenue and the diesel police, have no redundancy to look forward to, and usually have personal friendships with employees they have to pot!!

LETS HAVE A HEATED DEBATE!!!
PUNKISDEAD

Postby Mark S » Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:39 am

Christies Child wrote:Fraser Eagle who sponsor Accy and were our team coach company last season have made a number of drivers redundant due to the financial climate.

It's believed that they will not see out the month, which makes the move to Options by our Board at the beginning of the season a good move, although I understand that it was due in part to being offered a better deal and more comfort on board.

Another way of looking at it is that maybe the 'good move' has contributed to the struggle of the business?

I personally think it is a shame when any business gets into financial trouble, especially relatively small business such as Fraser Eagle who have served us very well in the past and also supported football at League Two level.

I am also not sure that this forum is the right place to be speculating what is, or is not 'believed' to be happening to a small business or peoples jobs.
Mark S

Postby Posh » Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:24 pm

Mark S wrote:I personally think it is a shame when any business gets into financial trouble, especially relatively small business such as Fraser Eagle who have served us very well in the past and also supported football at League Two level.

I am also not sure that this forum is the right place to be speculating what is, or is not 'believed' to be happening to a small business or peoples jobs.

Errr...Fraser Eagle is most definitely not a small business. It's businesses include(d):

- The UK's largest emergency coach system (in the event of any major accident its Fraser Eagel who sort out the coaches with coach operators all over the country.
- Their coach business
- A holiday company
- A travel agency
- An office furniture contractors
- A train operating company (they ran passenger trains under the name Grand Central from Sunderland and Bradford to London)

Their problem (Fraser Eagle) is that they've gone into businesses they didn't understand, e.g. the train operator and furniture businesses have both gone.

My personal grudge with them is that they needed a website and we beat loads of local firms to be one of two but lost it went the outsourced it to Malta (as well as their IT function) - the result one of the worst and most ineffective websites I've ever seen.

So I have no sympathy. Let their work go to Travellers Choice etc. and they can benefit instead of those that recklessly over-expand and outsource work offshore to people who don't know what they're doing.

EDIT: Turnover of holding company £34 million Jul-06 to Jun-07 with pre-tax profits of £2 million.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby P/T Indie » Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:49 pm

Paul Mac wrote:

On the contrary. We've just taken on.

I was just thinking the other day I wonder how the new staff are getting on :lol:
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby Mark S » Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:10 pm

Posh wrote:
Mark S wrote:I personally think it is a shame when any business gets into financial trouble, especially relatively small business such as Fraser Eagle who have served us very well in the past and also supported football at League Two level.

Errr...Fraser Eagle is most definitely not a small business. It's businesses include(d):

- The UK's largest emergency coach system (in the event of any major accident its Fraser Eagel who sort out the coaches with coach operators all over the country.
- Their coach business
- A holiday company
- A travel agency
- An office furniture contractors
- A train operating company (they ran passenger trains under the name Grand Central from Sunderland and Bradford to London)

Their problem (Fraser Eagle) is that they've gone into businesses they didn't understand, e.g. the train operator and furniture businesses have both gone.

My personal grudge with them is that they needed a website and we beat loads of local firms to be one of two but lost it went the outsourced it to Malta (as well as their IT function) - the result one of the worst and most ineffective websites I've ever seen.

So I have no sympathy. Let their work go to Travellers Choice etc. and they can benefit instead of those that recklessly over-expand and outsource work offshore to people who don't know what they're doing.

EDIT: Turnover of holding company £34 million Jul-06 to Jun-07 with pre-tax profits of £2 million.

Depends on what you class big or small really, however I take your point that they are not a family business with half a dozen coaches.

My point remains that gossip about Companies viabilities and future prospects of their employees is distasteful, however big or small the firm is. I am sure that there are plenty people on here who have been touched with the shadow of redundancy and know how personal it feels. I certainly wouldnt want any potential redundancy of mine discussed on here.
Mark S

Postby Christies Child » Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:29 pm

As somebody who has been made redundant twice and has the shadow of further redundancy constantly over my head being involved in Business Development as I am, there was no intention on my part for my initial post to form the basis of an on-going thread. I just felt it rather sad that a company who served us well and as the main sponsor to a rival club is under threat.

It seems once again that a post of mine has been taken completely out of context.

Fraser Eagle and its employees have my utmost sympathy in such hard times.

:( :( :(
Christies Child

Postby Gnasher » Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:34 pm

It seems once again that a post of mine has been taken completely out of context.

It would seem that way to anyone joining in and seeing your edited thread title.
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Postby Mark S » Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:35 pm

Christies Child wrote:As somebody who has been made redundant twice and has the shadow of further redundancy constantly over my head being involved in Business Development as I am, there was no intention on my part for my initial post to form the basis of an on-going thread. I just felt it rather sad that a company who served us well and as the main sponsor to a rival club is under threat.

Fraser Eagle and its employees have my utmost sympathy in such hard times.

:( :( :(

Completely out of context?

What did this mean? "It's believed that they will not see out the month" Are all of the FE Employees aware of this? As someone who has been through it how would you have felt if you found out this kind of information via a football gossip site?

Have you asked why it is some of your posts that are taken out of context Neil? Maybe something about quality v quantity? If you had no intention of it being an ongoing thread why post it?
Mark S

Postby marky » Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:47 pm

Posh wrote:- A train operating company (they ran passenger trains under the name Grand Central from Sunderland and Bradford to London)

I suggest you get your facts right, Mr. Posh. Grand Central have never run trains from Bradford and never will. Sister company Grand Northern is set to win rights for 3 services to/from Bradford, but that hasn't yet been finalised. Fraser Eagle sold their interests in Grand Central but I can assure you the company and train services from Sunderland very much still exist (and indeed is about to expand with a probable fourth return path).
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby BLS BOY » Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:55 pm

Good grief, you lot seem to know a load of useless information don't you!!?
"the opposition are only as good as you make them"
BLS BOY

Postby marky » Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:06 pm

It's not useless when one is a public transport enthusiast.
marky

Postby BLS BOY » Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:12 pm

marky wrote:It's not useless when one is a public transport enthusiast.

What, the metro link?! Mark even the best public transport companies in the UK are not going to get a rivalled discussion on a football league teams' message board unless you and posh happen to be reading...
"the opposition are only as good as you make them"
BLS BOY

Postby marky » Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:34 pm

I never said they would. I was merely correcting some mistakes Posh made with regard Fraser Eagle i.e. contributing to a thread ON FRASER EAGLE. If you're not interested in that, don't open the thread.
Last edited by marky on Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
marky

Postby Number 1 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:09 pm

I'm sure I read earlier in the season that Fraser Eagle had ditched us in breach of their contract so that they could take on more football clubs for their team buses. Preston and Birmingham to name 2. Birmingham ditched them soon after as being substandard though.

If that's their business ethos to cast aside customers for more "prestigious" business then they get what they deserve, although I have much sympathy for the casualties of the redundancies.
Number 1

Postby Gnasher » Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:35 pm

Heroes to Villains in such a short time :roll:

Also hats off to Fraser Eagle for getting fans to the game. Proves yet again that our club let the 'professionals' do what they do best. There was no way that we could have organised travel on our own.
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Postby campdave » Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:50 pm

Christies Child wrote: there was no intention on my part for my initial post to form the basis of an on-going thread.

Why post then? FFS.
campdave

Postby morecambe mick » Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:52 am

Gnasher wrote:Heroes to Villains in such a short time :roll:

Also hats off to Fraser Eagle for getting fans to the game. Proves yet again that our club let the 'professionals' do what they do best. There was no way that we could have organised travel on our own.

Speak for yourself.
(That appears to be a quote Brian, but seing as you didn't give a credit, you get it back at ya! :lol:)
morecambe mick

Next

Return to General Discussion