Planning Applications

Re: Planning Applications

Postby Westgate Wanderer » Tue Feb 15, 2022 8:37 pm

redrobo wrote:Finally managed to find the details and plans / elevations of the applications.

One is for the extension at the rear of the home stand and has been passed.

The second one is to knock down the current wall at the rear of the away stand and build a new wall in line with the current pavement edge and then to extend the pavement into the roadway.

The new wall will increase the width of the current area at the rear of the away stand providing a much safer and increased access flow by approximately 2m making the distance from the rear of the stand to the new wall approx 3m.

This application is yet to be approved.

Both planning applications where submitted prior to the stadium being renamed.

Hope that helps..... :) :) :)
Will the 3 metre gap be covered? Just askin
Don't worry be happy!
Westgate Wanderer

Postby Wild Bill » Wed Feb 16, 2022 9:40 am

What an odd place to build a big house. Anyone know who it is? A fan?

More importantly, when are the club going to complete the work on the end stands at the Mazuma?
I am the Thai Shrimp!
Wild Bill

Postby captain sparkle » Wed Feb 16, 2022 12:03 pm

Wild Bill wrote:What an odd place to build a big house. Anyone know who it is? A fan?

I refer the honourable gentleman to my previous post...

captain sparkle wrote:.... for Mr. Hanleys new house.
PYROMANIACS OF THE WORLD IGNITE!
Over 3.7 million hits on YouToob! Subscribers needed! full & part time! apply now!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeOzzTpVT3A
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLeFlLgCS-jBXwnXTtT8vJBReNXSYuphoM
captain sparkle

Postby Born again Bill » Wed Feb 16, 2022 1:02 pm

So what happens to the sign and advertising board at the end of the road , don’t suppose Mr handley will want it in his front garden !
Born again Bill

Postby marky No.1 » Wed Feb 16, 2022 1:40 pm

captain sparkle wrote:Don't know how accurate the map is, but it looks, to me, as if the access is right by the bollard at the start of Christie way, for Mr. Hanleys new house.

plan2 (1).jpg
plan2 (1).jpg (96.33 KiB) Viewed 1939 times
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby marky No.1 » Wed Feb 16, 2022 1:41 pm

plan1 (1).jpg
plan1 (1).jpg (239.06 KiB) Viewed 1938 times
marky No.1

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Wed Feb 16, 2022 5:51 pm

Born again Bill wrote:So what happens to the sign and advertising board at the end of the road , don’t suppose Mr handley will want it in his front garden !

Maybe a contra deal with the Hurley Flyer. They let us put a fixture board up on their land near the road and we let them have an advertising board in the Mazuma.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Feb 17, 2022 10:19 am

Gone_Shrimping wrote:
Born again Bill wrote:So what happens to the sign and advertising board at the end of the road , don’t suppose Mr handley will want it in his front garden !

Maybe a contra deal with the Hurley Flyer. They let us put a fixture board up on their land near the road and we let them have an advertising board in the Mazuma.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

They are in prime position on the roadside, meanwhile we are disappearing from view in all directions
marky No.1

Postby al1 » Mon Mar 28, 2022 7:08 pm

work on this has started,bulldozer on site
al1

Postby captain sparkle » Tue Mar 29, 2022 6:35 am

al1 wrote:work on this has started,bulldozer on site

Either that or a farmer is nicking all that soil!
PYROMANIACS OF THE WORLD IGNITE!
Over 3.7 million hits on YouToob! Subscribers needed! full & part time! apply now!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeOzzTpVT3A
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLeFlLgCS-jBXwnXTtT8vJBReNXSYuphoM
captain sparkle

Postby Wild Bill » Tue Mar 29, 2022 1:25 pm

More importantly, when are they finishing off the concourse or extending the wall behind the away end?
I am the Thai Shrimp!
Wild Bill

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Tue Mar 29, 2022 6:01 pm

Still working at 6-30pm. Mainly level now apart from the bit with our fixture board on it.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:08 pm

Gone_Shrimping wrote:

Still working at 6-30pm. Mainly level now apart from the bit with our fixture board on it.

Fixture board gone now, we will have to guess who we are playing next
marky No.1

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Mar 31, 2022 9:22 am

Illuminated sign now sitting at 45 degrees
marky No.1

Postby redrobo » Thu Mar 31, 2022 11:08 am

marky No.1 wrote:Illuminated sign now sitting at 45 degrees

Surely the club should insist that the contractor puts it back to its normal upright position or will it remain as it is creating in my opinion a very bad impression on our club. May seem trivial but appearances matter.

:?: :?: :?:
redrobo

Postby KenH » Thu Mar 31, 2022 4:17 pm

redrobo wrote:

Surely the club should insist that the contractor puts it back to its normal upright position or will it remain as it is creating in my opinion a very bad impression on our club. May seem trivial but appearances matter.

Surely it depends on whether the club have the right to erect a sign on land they don't own. The land was sold many years ago (to a director at that time, who presumably has now sold it on). Unless a right to erect a sign was included in that conveyance, then the club has no legal rights. I would have hoped that the club did put in such a clause, but given the general foul ups by PMG/MD around that time, I somehow doubt it!
KenH

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Thu Mar 31, 2022 5:11 pm

KenH wrote:
redrobo wrote:

Surely it depends on whether the club have the right to erect a sign on land they don't own. The land was sold many years ago (to a director at that time, who presumably has now sold it on). Unless a right to erect a sign was included in that conveyance, then the club has no legal rights. I would have hoped that the club did put in such a clause, but given the general foul ups by PMG/MD around that time, I somehow doubt it!

The chickens are really coming home to roost in respect of some of PMG's financial strategy. We now have the 3G pitches , the Gym and the land adjoining the Car Wash Stand owned by the World Heavyweight boxing champion and of little use to us. Soon the Mazuma Stadium will be obscured from the main road by a couple of mansions and a public house that really should have been a source of revenue to the football club if it had been managed properly.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Mar 31, 2022 9:16 pm

For various reasons the previous regime have fecked off and cashed in.
Bit surprised Bond Investments have sat back and let it all pass by.
Hope there's not too many more surprises to come out of the cupboard.
marky No.1

Postby Wild Bill » Fri Apr 01, 2022 9:35 am

I would not be surprised if we are under new ownership in the next 12-months. Whether that will be a positive or a negative remains to be seen.
I am the Thai Shrimp!
Wild Bill

Postby KenH » Fri Apr 01, 2022 10:31 am

Wild Bill wrote:I would not be surprised if we are under new ownership in the next 12-months. Whether that will be a positive or a negative remains to be seen.

I'm surprised they havn't sold it already. The club will never be worth as much as it was last Autumn, newly promoted, high attendances, new management team, etc. Sadly, value-wise, the only way is down from now on, even if we somehow avoid relegation as there'll never be the same "feelgood" factor around the place as there was last Summer/Autumn, because even if we survive for a second season in L1, we'll still be struggling and have no chance whatsoever of seriously contesting for promotion places to the Championship.
KenH

Postby redrobo » Fri Apr 01, 2022 11:31 am

No way could we manager a championship club without some serious investment both on and off the field.

Ground alone would need some serious money spent on it to accommodate an increase in away attendees alone.

Maybe EFL1 is the best we can expect for the coming years and beyond.

I can't see anyone coming in from outside the club to invest when a return financially would be zero.

For me the best we could hope for is for a takeover by members of the current Board although their financial clout would be questionable.
redrobo

Postby KenH » Fri Apr 01, 2022 12:04 pm

redrobo wrote:I can't see anyone coming in from outside the club to invest when a return financially would be zero.

But it's exactly what Jason & Co have done. They'll only get a return when they sell the club for more than they bought it for and monies they've put in less whatever (if anything) they've been able to draw out to date. They're professional investors so will have a business/investment plan. They certainly didn't buy the club for sentimental or other non-business reasons.

There'll be other professional investors who may have a different business plan for whom buying the club would make sense. Like lots of businesses, people invest simply in the hope of selling for a profit at a future date when someone else comes along who thinks they can make money out of it by doing something different. That's why there are loss-making businesses that continue to sell when common sense/logic would dictate they're worthless. Different people have different reasons for buying/selling assets.

No one knows Jason & Co's rationale for buying the club, keeping it or maybe when they plan to sell it, but they'll have a plan, as will people (presently unknown) who'll be looking to buy a club for whatever reasons they may have. We just have to hope that because Jason & Co are professional investors, they won't get conned into selling it to snake oil salesmen like we suffered in the past!
KenH

Postby Wild Bill » Fri Apr 01, 2022 12:22 pm

redrobo wrote:Maybe EFL1 is the best we can expect for the coming years and beyond.

Maybe, but anything is possible in football, so never put a glass ceiling on ourselves. When I first started supporting MFC many thought the Conference would be a step too far ;)
I am the Thai Shrimp!
Wild Bill

Postby KenH » Fri Apr 01, 2022 12:54 pm

Wild Bill wrote:
redrobo wrote:Maybe EFL1 is the best we can expect for the coming years and beyond.

Maybe, but anything is possible in football, so never put a glass ceiling on ourselves. When I first started supporting MFC many thought the Conference would be a step too far ;)

Well yes, but realistically we're only where we are because of the windfall from the sale of Christie Park and were lucky that Sainsbury were on a buying spree at that time. We couldn't have afforded a modern "fit for purpose" stadium that's going to last for several more decades without that windfall. If Sainsbury didn't buy at that time, we could well have still been at Christie Park, with a rapidly deteriorating stadium without funds to replace or improve the stands, facilities, etc. It really was a case of "right place, right time". But, having said that, who knows who else may have wanted that land had we not sold at the time. Lots of it's and but's, but the reality is that we've only got the modern stadium and facilities because of that random point in time when someone wanted the land and were willing to pay a decent price for it!
KenH

Postby al1 » Fri Apr 01, 2022 1:48 pm

The fixture sign is now horizontal on the ground!
al1

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion