Best signing?

Best signing?

Postby Bristol Shrimp » Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:37 am

What do you think has been our best piece of business this summer? I think yo sign Cooney on a permanent 2 year deal is just fantastic given he was offered a new deal at Burnley, he could easily have signed that and joined us again on loan. Re signing Toums and Cole for me is also brilliant business.
Vi er røde, vi er hvide, vi står sammen, side om side!
Bristol Shrimp

Re: Best signing?

Postby Andy D » Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:14 am

John Mcmahon, hopefully handing over the good work from the previous season and building on it.
Andy D

Postby Keith » Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:51 pm

Cooney for me too. I didn't think we'd even get him back on loan, never mind a permanent signing. That was a great move. All the signings look positive,

I'm loving how things are going at the moment, throughout the club. When you think where we were a few seasons ago, with Cala & Lemos etcetera, and players & staff not being paid on time, with all the talk about potentially going in to administration and chaos over who owned the club, it is a fantastic journey in a very short space of time. I will freely admit, when Jason & Colin bought the club, I feared the worst. I expected asset stripping and even feared some kind of physical relocation of the club, in the style of MK Dons. The cynic in me even wondered is the sale of Carlos would go straight out of the club. But I must say, I was completely wrong. They've delivered everything they said they would and more. Investment in the club is clear. Perhaps, despite my cynical concerns, Jason & Colin have been our best signing in recent years?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Little Shrimp » Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:19 am

There are lots of good shouts for best signing I think. Cooney definitely one of the best - I wasn't sure if we'd get him back on loan, let alone a 2 year permanent deal!

I'll go for something different though and say Wes McDonald - I think he brings a skill-set we've sometimes lacked at the club and looks to have had an excellent pre-season. Clearly got talent, but didn't quite work out for him last season which made the signing something of a gamble, but it could pay off really well.
Little Shrimp

Postby RapidShrimp » Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:31 am

Keith wrote:Perhaps, despite my cynical concerns, Jason & Colin have been our best signing in recent years?

I too was very sceptical, however I liked Jason’s honesty in the ShrimpsTrust podcast where he admitted the goal was to buy Morecambe at it’s worst position and sell it on for a profit after making the club a more attractive proposition.

With how the last year has gone, I think they’ve hit the jackpot!
RapidShrimp

Postby marky No.1 » Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:55 am

Jason, Colin, Charlie, James, Martin and of course Ryan
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Andy D » Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:46 am

the question was who's been the best signing/business this summer.
Andy D

Return to General Discussion