Bradford Linked with Adams

Re: Bradford Linked with Adams

Postby Phoenix Shrimp 2017 » Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:54 pm

Stick with us Derek. Fifth from bottom next season and you will be worshipped like a god. Anything higher and you will be talked about in Shrimp folklore for ever more.

You have built up so many brownie points that even relegation would not bring a bad word said about you. To be honest we are proper fans and realists and appreciate everything you have done for us.

Followed this club for over 50 years and never been as proud.

UTS.
Phoenix Shrimp 2017

Postby Zippy » Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:07 pm

I don't think he's moving
Zippy

Postby Phoenix Shrimp 2017 » Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:11 pm

Zippy wrote:I don't think he's moving

Hopefully not! Anyways final game of the season and the 0-0 finally came good! Better late than never! :lol:

UTS
Phoenix Shrimp 2017

Postby Zippy » Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:23 pm

Haha' thanks it ruined my perfect season !
Zippy

Postby Keith » Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:46 pm

BoroRedShrimp wrote:Also it could be Mike Flynn because their are changes going to happen at Newport at the top from reports.

I did actually suggest this at the weekend. He'd also fit the bill for the huge Yorkshire club in League Two!
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby jon MFC fan » Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:53 pm

Former Bradford Player too so it does make sense and newport are a very effective attacking unit under Flynn
better redthan dead
jon MFC fan

Postby Wild Bill » Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:01 pm

I think Adams will wait to see what the board will offer him for next season's playing budget.winning promotion and flirting with another club might just see them stomp up more than they'd like. Let's hope something is agreed. I can also see the owners looking to cash in on a sale of MFC this summer when our value is at its peak. Interesting summer ahead.
I am the Thai Shrimp!
Wild Bill

Postby Phoenix Shrimp 2017 » Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:02 pm

Bratfud fans now think their number two choice Flynn is on his way to Wrecsum. More twists than a twisty turny thing!

They are ripping themselves to bits over this because they think Bratfud are a mahoosive club who only have to click their fingers and all will come running.

Patience is a virtue. Give a manager a decent chance and it may just work. Sack with indecent haste and you've little to no chance.

UTS.
Phoenix Shrimp 2017

Postby Little Shrimp » Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:24 pm

I personally think Adams suits an underdog mentality. Despite our high chance creation, the low possession stats and more direct style tie in with an underdog striving to punch higher etc. Do that at a club that fancies itself as a big boy (like Bradford), and it doesn't take much to go wrong for fans to turn. And when that happens, we've seen at Plymouth that things don't end prettily!

I think Bolton this season are a good example. Ian Evatt got given a bit of grace for playing more 'on the deck' stuff. I doubt he would have been allowed that with a more direct style. Also look at how Bradford fans turned on Gary Bowyer - one bad run that took them from 4th to 8th and he was gone.

Perhaps he'd relish the challenge of that pressure at Bradford. But I hope he considers the goodwill and support he has in the bank here, and how quickly things can turn nasty in West Yorkshire!
Little Shrimp

Postby P/T Indie » Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:31 am

Maybe Bradford fans need to learn that to get out of this division you need to play ugly and maybe that's why they are still in league 2.

I agree about been the underdog and it was the same with Jim to be fair Jim tried similar tactics to Derek, keep it tight in the first half etc but the players were nowhere near as well drilled/effective as Derek has them playing and our out ball was always just a massive hoof. Derek has given us a firm pattern/style of play all be it not always pleasing on the eye but everyone has bought into it.

Maybe it's a bit like Roy Hodgson when he went to Liverpool his tactics just didn't suit a top team that has to attack and break teams down and were more suited towards a team lower down the league.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby Bare bum » Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:50 am

Today's Telegraph and Argus (Bradford)

https://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/ ... 42366.amp/
A lilo, almost as nice as a puppy
Bare bum

Postby Redalert1970 » Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:59 am

What i find strange about the whole Bradford / Adams / Morecambe thing is ... Bradford have already done their retained list and are also targeting new players for next season ???

Who has done Bradford`s retained list and who is going to be doing ours

We are already a couple of weeks behind due to getting to the play off final so all this rumour / counter rumour needs to be sorted out by the end of this week !!!!

We are going into league 1 next season and billy big bollox bradford remain in league 2 so personally the only reason Derek would leave is higher budget and higher wage (some bradford fans are expecting automatic promotion next season so pressure on whoever takes over)

PLEASE ROD AND REST OF BOARD NIP THIS IN THE BUD AND INFORM ALL FANS IF DEREK WILL BE OUR MANAGER NEXT SEASON OR NOT
Redalert1970

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:19 am

Redalert1970 wrote:What i find strange about the whole Bradford / Adams / Morecambe thing is ... Bradford have already done their retained list and are also targeting new players for next season ???

We are already a couple of weeks behind due to getting to the play off final so all this rumour / counter rumour needs to be sorted out by the end of this week !!!!

We are going into league 1 next season and billy big bollox bradford remain in league 2 so personally the only reason Derek would leave is higher budget and higher wage (some bradford fans are expecting automatic promotion next season so pressure on whoever takes over)

PLEASE ROD AND REST OF BOARD NIP THIS IN THE BUD AND INFORM ALL FANS IF DEREK WILL BE OUR MANAGER NEXT SEASON OR NOT

Don't the Brats have Lee Turnbull doing the recruiting ?
Gone_Shrimping

Postby Redalert1970 » Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:32 am

Lee Turnbull could be doing recruiting ... But will it be players that a new manager want`s

Just hope this mess is sorted out soon

Just proves how far we have come when Champions League chasing Bratfud are wanting our manager / players lol lol lol
Redalert1970

Postby redrobo » Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:41 am

Redalert1970 wrote:What i find strange about the whole Bradford / Adams / Morecambe thing is ... Bradford have already done their retained list and are also targeting new players for next season ???

I suspect that a lot is being discussed behind the scenes not only about our manager and players but also the logistics of being an EFL1 club....

No doubt when the time is right our BoD will make a statement about the future.
redrobo

Postby Bare bum » Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:56 am

Redalert1970 wrote:Lee Turnbull could be doing recruiting ... But will it be players that a new manager want`s

Just proves how far we have come when Champions League chasing Bratfud are wanting our manager / players lol lol lol

It seems that their Chief executive, Ryan Sparks, did confirm in an interview weeks ago, that the (new and coming) manager had helped with Bradford's retained and released list. I don't think they have recruited anyone yet. If that is Derek then it is ethically (and maybe legally) questionable, unless we have permitted that, as part of the deal.

But, as you say, needs confirming or denying ASAP or our recruitment process / preparation for league 1 will suffer.
A lilo, almost as nice as a puppy
Bare bum

Postby RapidShrimp » Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:19 pm

Bare bum wrote:
Redalert1970 wrote:Lee Turnbull could be doing recruiting ... But will it be players that a new manager want`s

It seems that their Chief executive, Ryan Sparks, did confirm in an interview weeks ago, that the (new and coming) manager had helped with Bradford's retained and released list.

You’re quite right, he 100% said that they weren’t accepting applicants & the new manager had decided next season’s squad. I watched the interview and he came across well - talking about their faults and their ‘project’ to improve both on and off the pitch. Maybe Derek has bought into the Bradford project, knowing full well that his stock as a manager will never be higher.
RapidShrimp

Postby marky No.1 » Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:24 pm

If Derek is going anywhere I want him to go to Everton, we get £2M compensation, everyone happy except Bradford and maybe Jim
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby P/T Indie » Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:35 pm

If Derek has managed to plot our way to promotion while also keeping an eye on the Bradford squad and their retained list to be fair that is an amazing piece of multitasking for it to not have affected us.

Lots of talk on the Bradford forum about their structure as well and all types of different roles within the club which we could only dream of.

P/T Indie

Postby Posh » Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:57 pm

All we know for certain is as follows:

1. Derek was interviewed for the BCFC job back in December, which is a strong sign that if something better financially comes along then he’s happy to move on.

2. He hasn’t signed anything with BCFC. He’s got a contract with us and I believe that no deal would be done before our season was over. The Telegraph & Argus also said as much yesterday, which has worried Bratfud fans (see comments).

3. The players are due in at the club today to discuss terms for next season. A couple of players mentioned this. If Derek is leaving, who does this? It would seem crazy for a manager who is heading to another club to do it and for a new manager to come in to find players already signed who he may not decide he needs.

Basically, there’s a lot to resolve. My optimistic hope is that while there’s more money at BCFC, there’s also a lot more structure around scouting and player recruitment, which Derek may not like. I think we can pay him more but also allow him greater control of the footballing side that would enable him to build something much bigger and on his terms. In my view he needs to be sold a vision that marks us out as very different to other supposedly bigger clubs. That teams like Wigan started small and grew. And that as we grow we become investable and attract ownership interest that enables us to push on further.

A big challenge. I’m not optimistic but I think we’ve got people who can be persuasive.

If he goes, we had a recruitment exercise 18 months ago and we’ll have candidates and a lot of interest. While he would be a big loss we would need to put him behind us quickly and move on.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby Little Shrimp » Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:16 pm

I think you make some good points there Posh. DA doesn't strike me as the type that would particularly enjoy working under a sporting director etc. It's not likely to be something that happens with us any time soon, and any extra footballing recruitment/analyst staff etc (like we appointed this season) would be directly working for him.
Little Shrimp

Postby redrobo » Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:18 pm

Posh wrote:All we know for certain is as follows:

1. Derek was interviewed for the BCFC job back in December, which is a strong sign that if something better financially comes along then he’s happy to move on.

2. He hasn’t signed anything with BCFC. He’s got a contract with us and I believe that no deal would be done before our season was over. The Telegraph & Argus also said as much yesterday, which has worried Bratfud fans (see comments).

3. The players are due in at the club today to discuss terms for next season. A couple of players mentioned this. If Derek is leaving, who does this? It would seem crazy for a manager who is heading to another club to do it and for a new manager to come in to find players already signed who he may not decide he needs.

Basically, there’s a lot to resolve. My optimistic hope is that while there’s more money at BCFC, there’s also a lot more structure around scouting and player recruitment, which Derek may not like. I think we can pay him more but also allow him greater control of the footballing side that would enable him to build something much bigger and on his terms. In my view he needs to be sold a vision that marks us out as very different to other supposedly bigger clubs. That teams like Wigan started small and grew. And that as we grow we become investable and attract ownership interest that enables us to push on further.

A big challenge. I’m not optimistic but I think we’ve got people who can be persuasive.

If he goes, we had a recruitment exercise 18 months ago and we’ll have candidates and a lot of interest. While he would be a big loss we would need to put him behind us quickly and move on.

Other than paper talk at Bratford where is the concrete evidence that he was interviewed way back in December. :?: :?: :?:

I find it difficult to believe that our BoDs would have granted him permission as such a crucial time in our season. Not saying that they didn't just for me it's hard to believe.

I also believe that DA is a man of principal and would not jump ship just for a few bucks more especially to such an unstable club where sacking their manager is common place. DA knows that that is not the Morecambe way. He started the project and for me is here to see it through not leave when the results of his tenure are now showing fruit. That for me is contrary to all that we know about DA's loyalty built around a strong Christian belief. To leave the project and let someone else take over threatens all the good work DA has done in such a short period which is something that I suggest would not be acceptable to him.

Of course I may be totally wrong in my assessment and only time will past judgement on whatever the future holds for both DA and our club.... :?: :?: :?:
redrobo

Postby P/T Indie » Wed Jun 02, 2021 3:04 pm

In my view he needs to be sold a vision that marks us out as very different to other supposedly bigger clubs. That teams like Wigan started small and grew. And that as we grow we become investable and attract ownership interest that enables us to push on further.

I think this is the main issue and why he may have started looking else where at Christmas if he didn't feel the club were matching his ambitions, it wasn't long after that Charlie and James then came out with the vision.

Bradford have no doubt sold him the vision of them entering the european super league :lol: where as we need to show that we are serious off the pitch so that we can compete in league 1.

P/T Indie

Postby jon MFC fan » Wed Jun 02, 2021 3:33 pm

The vision that was put out in Febuary is more positive than negative so i wouldnt worry
better redthan dead
jon MFC fan

Postby Redalert1970 » Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:28 pm

If and it’s a big if Derek does go to Bratfud what a massive opportunity it is for someone to come in and manage our fantastic club

Their will be loads of people applying I’m sure if the job does come available
Redalert1970

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion