Bradford Linked with Adams

Re: Bradford Linked with Adams

Postby Posh » Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:33 pm

Redalert1970 wrote:If and it’s a big if Derek does go to Bratfud what a massive opportunity it is for someone to come in and manage our fantastic club

Their will be loads of people applying I’m sure if the job does come available

I completely agree and, as last time, we won’t be short of interest.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby Posh » Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:38 pm

redrobo wrote:
Posh wrote:All we know for certain is as follows:

1. Derek was interviewed for the BCFC job back in December, which is a strong sign that if something better financially comes along then he’s happy to move on.

2. He hasn’t signed anything with BCFC. He’s got a contract with us and I believe that no deal would be done before our season was over. The Telegraph & Argus also said as much yesterday, which has worried Bratfud fans (see comments).

3. The players are due in at the club today to discuss terms for next season. A couple of players mentioned this. If Derek is leaving, who does this? It would seem crazy for a manager who is heading to another club to do it and for a new manager to come in to find players already signed who he may not decide he needs.

Basically, there’s a lot to resolve. My optimistic hope is that while there’s more money at BCFC, there’s also a lot more structure around scouting and player recruitment, which Derek may not like. I think we can pay him more but also allow him greater control of the footballing side that would enable him to build something much bigger and on his terms. In my view he needs to be sold a vision that marks us out as very different to other supposedly bigger clubs. That teams like Wigan started small and grew. And that as we grow we become investable and attract ownership interest that enables us to push on further.

A big challenge. I’m not optimistic but I think we’ve got people who can be persuasive.

If he goes, we had a recruitment exercise 18 months ago and we’ll have candidates and a lot of interest. While he would be a big loss we would need to put him behind us quickly and move on.

Other than paper talk at Bratford where is the concrete evidence that he was interviewed way back in December. :?: :?: :?:

I find it difficult to believe...

Yes, who to believe. A newspaper that has printed it several times that he was interviewed and could be sued for libel; sections of a fan base that from insider comments clearly knows that he was interviewed; and a club that appointed an interim management team as a stop gap based on the output of interviews.

Or you finding it hard to believe.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby redrobo » Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:57 pm

Wonder if you would have claimed the same had it been printed in your favourite daily.....The Daily Mail.

:?: :lol:

All will be revealed in the near future no doubt.... ;)
redrobo

Postby Andy D » Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:26 am

Posh wrote:
Yes, who to believe. A newspaper that has printed it several times that he was interviewed and could be sued for libel; sections of a fan base that from insider comments clearly knows that he was interviewed; and a club that appointed an interim management team as a stop gap based on the output of interviews.

Or you finding it hard to believe.

why would somebody want to sue or hold a person or newspaper liable regarding transfer gossip, its not like its derogatory is it?

there's still not factual evidence to date.
Andy D

Postby P/T Indie » Thu Jun 03, 2021 7:31 am

The Telegraph and Argus are reporting that Derek will be named Bradford manager in the next 48 hours.

Someone raised a good point on the Bradford forum is it all about getting promotions on his CV and having no relegations. Hypothetically say he got Bradford to the Championship would he then jump ship to a league 1 club with a chance of getting them promoted instead of trying to keep Bradford up.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby Ntini » Thu Jun 03, 2021 7:47 am

P/T Indie wrote:The Telegraph and Argus are reporting that Derek will be named Bradford manager in the next 48 hours.

Someone raised a good point on the Bradford forum is it all about getting promotions on his CV and having no relegations. Hypothetically say he got Bradford to the Championship would he then jump ship to a league 1 club with a chance of getting them promoted instead of trying to keep Bradford up.

I think this could be close to the truth. Not so much that it’s only about promotions, but perhaps he sees it that it’s more likely that he can take Bradford up from L2 than to take us up to the Championship.

He’s never really been keen on a relegation scrap, though he did well for us last season. He likes to be battling at the top of the table and so perhaps Bradford is a more enticing proposition for him, even if it is a league below.

As has been said, despite the fact we’d love to keep him, perhaps it might be best in the long run if he did go and we were able to appoint someone else who can help us to do a Jim in L1?
HOWAY THE SHRIMPS!!!!!

On topic(ish) and proud!
Ntini

Postby RapidShrimp » Thu Jun 03, 2021 7:58 am

Multiple sources online saying he will be announced today, maybe even this morning. :(
RapidShrimp

Postby BerlinWaller » Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:00 am

Ntini wrote:
P/T Indie wrote:The Telegraph and Argus are reporting that Derek will be named Bradford manager in the next 48 hours.

I think this could be close to the truth. Not so much that it’s only about promotions, but perhaps he sees it that it’s more likely that he can take Bradford up from L2 than to take us up to the Championship.

He’s never really been keen on a relegation scrap, though he did well for us last season. He likes to be battling at the top of the table and so perhaps Bradford is a more enticing proposition for him, even if it is a league below.

As has been said, despite the fact we’d love to keep him, perhaps it might be best in the long run if he did go and we were able to appoint someone else who can help us to do a Jim in L1?

Well that's enough internet for me today.
BerlinWaller

Postby RedRedWine » Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:21 am

There's been speculation for weeks, clearly talks of some kind have taken place (assume Derek has a clause in his contract that allows for this?); after the game on Monday Derek said in his post match interview "nothings been signed or agreed" - which to me confirms that discussions have taken place at the very least. He's in a really great position, provisionally a league one manager with a proven track record of success at every club he has been at.

If Derek is to move on to the Bantams, possibly because he views the Bradford City job as a more exciting challenge and an interesting proposition long-term, then surely he goes with everyone's blessing(?). Regardless, I think we need clarity one way or the other so we can get on with putting a decent squad together for next season. We will need a replacement as soon as possible, so that we are in a position to give our out of contract players some certainty going forwards - the very least they deserve.

In addition to losing Derek, my concern would be losing a large proportion of the existing squad who are out of contract. Derek is a manager that seems to collect players on his travels, and players trust him with their careers. Stockton, Wildig, O'Sullivan and Mendes-Gomes have improved massively during Dereks 18 month spell here; would they follow him if they had the opportunity? Obviously the likes of Yann Songo'o, Toums (lives in Harrogate) and Nathanial Knight-Percival have openly said they are here for the manager.
Hello! Hello! We are the Morecambe boys!
RedRedWine

Postby black morse » Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:24 am

If it's just someone to keep us up.....Sam's the man!!!!! :lol: :lol:
black morse

Postby BerlinWaller » Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:32 am

Blackpool have to submit their retained list today for the EFL Championship season 21-22. Is it the same for L1 and L2?

If Derek goes he goes with my eternal grattitude . He brought our club back to life and gave us moments we will never forget. His stock is sky high and in the managerial world, that is rare so you can not blame him for making the most of it. Bradford City are a bigger club in a lower league coma and we can all see what is enticing him there. If things don't go well from the start he will be up against it but as we know, he doesn't duck a challenge.
BerlinWaller

Postby Kendalshrimp » Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:39 am

Shame to see Derek go, what’s job he has done. He will depart a club legend !

Hopefully it doesn’t lead to a mass exodus of all our players. Bradford isn’t a million miles away from morecambe and I imagine they could offer our players a lot more than we can even in league one, I would imagine Derek will want to work with a good 6-7 of them again ! Worst thing about it is most of them will be out of contract !
Kendalshrimp

Postby Born again Bill » Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:52 am

[quote="Kendalshrimp"]Shame to see Derek go, what’s job he has done. He will depart a club legend !

Hopefully it doesn’t lead to a mass exodus of all our players. Bradford isn’t a million miles away from morecambe and I imagine they could offer our players a lot more than we can even in league one, I would imagine Derek will want to work with a good 6-7 of them again ! Worst thing about it is most of them will be out of contract ![/quote

Agree with the above but whatever is happening needs to happen quickly so we can start sorting out for a massive season coming up . If it means a new manager then he ( or she) needs time to rebuild what will be a depleted squad . The clock is ticking !!!!
Born again Bill

Postby BerlinWaller » Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:03 am

Derek has resigned
BerlinWaller

Postby black morse » Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:06 am

Surely, if this is true, and it looks as if it is, then the Board will have known in advance and may even have someone lined up. Also with so many players out of contract one would have thought that everything would already be set to make them improved offers as soon as we won at Wembley. I assume that it is the coach/manager who advises the board on who should get new or extended contracts????
black morse

Postby Keith » Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:05 am

black morse wrote:Also with so many players out of contract one would have thought that everything would already be set to make them improved offers as soon as we won at Wembley. I assume that it is the coach/manager who advises the board on who should get new or extended contracts????

Therein lies the problem. We don't have a coach/manager who can advise the board, but we do have players who will be loyal to Derek and trust him. Plus, he will be in a position to offer them more money in League Two that we can in League One. I'd love to see us announce that we've tied up quite a few players for next season, but I fear we're more likely going to see them leaving.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby al1 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:15 pm

At least Derek leaves us in a much better position than the previous incumbent!
al1

Postby Born again Bill » Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:19 pm

Now confirmed on BBC website
Born again Bill

Postby marky No.1 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:27 pm

Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Shrimp Girl » Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:19 pm

Keith wrote:
black morse wrote:Also with so many players out of contract one would have thought that everything would already be set to make them improved offers as soon as we won at Wembley. I assume that it is the coach/manager who advises the board on who should get new or extended contracts????

Therein lies the problem. We don't have a coach/manager who can advise the board, but we do have players who will be loyal to Derek and trust him. Plus, he will be in a position to offer them more money in League Two that we can in League One. I'd love to see us announce that we've tied up quite a few players for next season, but I fear we're more likely going to see them leaving.

It does mean they'd have to take that winner's medal off, put it away and do it all again next year though. I'd like to think some of the younger ones would prefer to advance up the leagues while they still have years ahead of them. The older lads in their thirties I can understand getting the money and the game time while they can. But for players like Cole to stay in L2, that would be a travesty IMO.
Shrimp Girl

Previous

Return to General Discussion