Why would he want to go there?????
black morse

Re: Bradford Linked with Adams

Postby Angler1 » Mon May 10, 2021 5:26 pm

Won't happen...I hope.
Angler1

Postby BerlinWaller » Mon May 10, 2021 6:03 pm

A mid table League 2 side with a crack pot fan base. He should be looking at a top L1 or Championship side for me.

Who knew it was so stressful having a top manager?
BerlinWaller

Postby Bare bum » Mon May 10, 2021 6:13 pm

Bradford linked with Adams? Nah, it'll be Richie Wellens going there.
A lilo, almost as nice as a puppy
Bare bum

Postby BerlinWaller » Mon May 10, 2021 6:16 pm

Bare bum wrote:Bradford linked with Adams? Nah, it'll be Richie Wellens going there.

Some fans are wanting Phil Parkinson back
BerlinWaller

Postby black morse » Mon May 10, 2021 7:24 pm

Anybody would think that the manager makes a difference! ;) :lol:
black morse

Postby Phoenix Shrimp 2017 » Mon May 10, 2021 8:52 pm

So that’s no manager and hardly any players left next season. Gonna be very tough in League 1.
Phoenix Shrimp 2017

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Tue May 11, 2021 8:27 am

Bradford are about to appoint a permanent manager. That won't be Derek.

Northampton have appointed a manager.

Ross County avoided relegation so their manager is safe.

Those were the 3 most likely to try and lure Derek.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby BerlinWaller » Tue May 11, 2021 8:36 am

Gone_Shrimping wrote:Bradford are about to appoint a permanent manager. That won't be Derek.

Northampton have appointed a manager.

Ross County avoided relegation so their manager is safe.

Those were the 3 most likely to try and lure Derek.

Leyton Orient fans are wanting Derek in charge. They reckon he was overlooked last time there was a vacancy but his reputation of not being very nice put the club off.

He is horrible Derek, a horrible horrible person. I saw him pinch an Ice cream off a kiddy outside B&M Bargains.
BerlinWaller

Postby Little Shrimp » Tue May 11, 2021 8:53 am

I'm surprised that some Bradford fans seem so certain it's likely to be DA (very arrogant of them).

I thought the statement indicated they had already got someone lined up and were just sorting terms/contract etc. This would surely indicate someone currently out of work like Richie Wellens, not someone about to lead their team into the play-offs.

Given their recruitment last summer with midfielders like Watt and Cooke as well as McCall and T&S veering more towards playing on the deck, DA would probably be quite a jarring move. Surely they'd be after a Wellens type continuing more in that style and giving him a full summer to properly get the squad he wants together, given the success he had at Swindon after doing that.
Little Shrimp

Postby redrobo » Tue May 11, 2021 11:52 am

Where do this load of idiots at Bratfrod get their info from?

They seem to believe that DA was going to join them last December and that T&C's had been agreed but Covid was in the way .....BOLLOCKS..

However it's also reported that DA was given permission to talk to Bratford in December according to the Bradford Telegraph and Argos Newspaper at the time but they decided to give the post to a joint management team who have since been sacked.

I suppose we will have to learn to accept this type of speculation as DA has turned our club around and is an obvious target for 'so called' bigger clubs.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
redrobo

Postby P/T Indie » Tue May 11, 2021 12:07 pm

I worries me if we gave him permission to talk to another League 2 club.

I was shot down on Saturday for suggesting Adams isn't entirely happy and something may have been going on back in December if we don't go up I will be amazed if he is still with us next year.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby BerlinWaller » Tue May 11, 2021 12:21 pm

Speculation about Derek and Bradford has increased today. Lots of reports on Twitter than an approach is imminent.
BerlinWaller

Postby Bare bum » Tue May 11, 2021 12:35 pm

BerlinWaller wrote:Speculation about Derek and Bradford has increased today. Lots of reports on Twitter than an approach is imminent.

There's also talk of the prospective manager having had an input into Bradford's retention list. Can't see Derek getting involved in something that dodgy, contractually.

But if it's on twitter it must be right, eh?
Bare bum

Postby BerlinWaller » Tue May 11, 2021 12:43 pm

Bare bum wrote:
BerlinWaller wrote:Speculation about Derek and Bradford has increased today. Lots of reports on Twitter than an approach is imminent.

There's also talk of the prospective manager having had an input into Bradford's retention list. Can't see Derek getting involved in something that dodgy, contractually.

No it might not be right which is why I used the word "speculation".

speculation

the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.
"there has been widespread speculation that he plans to quit"
BerlinWaller

Postby Bare bum » Tue May 11, 2021 12:59 pm

BerlinWaller wrote:
Bare bum wrote:

No it might not be right which is why I used the word "speculation".

speculation

the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.
"there has been widespread speculation that he plans to quit"

Thanks muchly for that BW.

Speculation. Another new word for my lexicon.

Have you ever considered going into teaching?
Bare bum

Postby Little Shrimp » Tue May 11, 2021 1:29 pm

A few relatively reputable sources seem to be indicating that an approach is imminent.

Does seem odd though given they'll have to wait potentially until the end of the month to know his availability, and then potentially have him say "no ta I'm in League One".

As a general policy moving forward, you'd think they'd be much better off selecting a manager who suits their players and getting him in nice and early with more time to plan/recruit. There'd also probably be compensation to agree which would be even more hold up.

If we do end up going up, you'd hope he'd definitely be staying to continue things and if he does a solid job with us in the division above, he'd probably be in line for a job much higher than Bradford.

We also offer far more job security. If he goes to Bradford and has a bit of a slow start, he'll be out before Christmas.
Little Shrimp

Postby P/T Indie » Tue May 11, 2021 1:57 pm

If we do go up I think Derek will want assurances about extra investment and if he doesn't get them I wouldn't be surprised if he took another job in league 2 instead if staying with us.

P/T Indie

Postby black morse » Tue May 11, 2021 6:55 pm

P/T Indie wrote:If we do go up I think Derek will want assurances about extra investment and if he doesn't get them I wouldn't be surprised if he took another job in league 2 instead if staying with us.

Surely if DA has signed a contract for two and a half years the club couldrefuse to let him go before the end of the contract. If they were to let him go would wouldn't a 'transfer fee' be demanded? Or does the move of managers work differently to that of players?
black morse

Postby black morse » Tue May 11, 2021 7:12 pm

black morse wrote:
P/T Indie wrote:If we do go up I think Derek will want assurances about extra investment and if he doesn't get them I wouldn't be surprised if he took another job in league 2 instead if staying with us.

Surely if DA has signed a contract for two and a half years the club couldrefuse to let him go before the end of the contract. If they were to let him go would wouldn't a 'transfer fee' be demanded? Or does the move of managers work differently to that of players?

Just to follow on from this....if we were to let CMG or DA go for less than there worth how would the statement stand up that 'we're no longer little old Morecambe'?
black morse

Postby RapidShrimp » Tue May 11, 2021 7:25 pm

black morse wrote:
black morse wrote:

Just to follow on from this....if we were to let CMG or DA go for less than there worth how would the statement stand up that 'we're no longer little old Morecambe'?

Exactly this - if the club willingly let DA speak to Bradford then the 'Goodbye little old Morecambe' can effectively be ripped up.
RapidShrimp

Postby Westgate Wanderer » Tue May 11, 2021 7:27 pm

What a footballing year this has been, no fans allowed to watch,team does brilliant and reaches the play-offs, but are disappointed missing out on automatic promotion.Now our manager is a wanted man! That's not happened before!! Strange times indeed!
Don't worry be happy!
Westgate Wanderer

Postby P/T Indie » Tue May 11, 2021 7:53 pm

I agree why on earth would we let him speak to another league 2 team and if we let him at xmas thats even stranger.

P/T Indie

Next

Return to General Discussion