Play-off dates.

Play-off dates.

Postby Keith » Sat May 08, 2021 3:41 pm

Thursday 20th May away at Tranmere
Sunday 23rd May at home for the second leg.

Monday 31st May final at Wembley.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Re: Play-off dates.

Postby redrobo » Sat May 08, 2021 4:05 pm

Assuming we beat Tranmere and Newport beat FG it'll be us v Newport at Wembley and I dread to think the scenario of Kevin getting the winner..... :roll: :roll: :roll:
redrobo

Postby Keith » Sat May 08, 2021 4:07 pm

redrobo wrote:Assuming we beat Tranmere and Newport beat FG it'll be us v Newport at Wembley and I dread to think the scenario of Kevin getting the winner..... :roll: :roll: :roll:

I know what you mean, but at the moment, I'm only bothered about us beating Tranmere. There are ex-Morecambe players at all three clubs who could come home to haunt us.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

Keith
Site Admin

Postby black morse » Sat May 08, 2021 4:15 pm

redrobo wrote:Assuming we beat Tranmere and Newport beat FG it'll be us v Newport at Wembley and I dread to think the scenario of Kevin getting the winner..... :roll: :roll: :roll:

Don't worry RR if it is us v Newport this time Kev will get his nose rubbed in it! :lol:
black morse

Postby redrobo » Sat May 08, 2021 4:16 pm

Could be an interesting tussle between Songo and the lad who was involved in the sending off.

Can imagine their crowd getting on Songo's back throughout the game....

Not a pleasant evening in prospect.

:o
redrobo

Postby Keith » Sat May 08, 2021 4:27 pm

redrobo wrote:Could be an interesting tussle between Songo and the lad who was involved in the sending off.

I'm sure he'll be more than ready. Derek will have seen to that. If anything, I'd expect Songo'o to raise his game to prove his point that way.

Keith
Site Admin

Postby redrobo » Sat May 08, 2021 4:36 pm

Keith wrote:
redrobo wrote:Could be an interesting tussle between Songo and the lad who was involved in the sending off.

I'm sure he'll be more than ready. Derek will have seen to that. If anything, I'd expect Songo'o to raise his game to prove his point that way.

I'm sure you'll be right BUT for me we lost the automatic with the home draw against bottom of the league Southend. Had we won that we'd have got what we deserved and more importantly relegated Bolton to another EFL2 season.
redrobo

Postby redrobo » Sat May 08, 2021 4:39 pm

Keith wrote:

At the moment I feel down especially when the Bolton player who was involved with the sending off was the same one today involved in the Crawley sending off.

Dread the thought of not going up as I can see a number of our players moving on to 'so called' bigger clubs. In particular Sam, John, Carlos and Cole....which assuming DA is still with us he's got one hell of a job to do during the close season :cry:

Sorry about my negativity but no doubt tomorrow I'll be back to my normal argumentative self.. :lol:
Last edited by redrobo on Sat May 08, 2021 4:54 pm, edited 4 times in total.
redrobo

Postby Angler1 » Sat May 08, 2021 4:43 pm

Not sure whether my facts are right but is it home fans only. If this is the case we will play infront of tranmere fans first. Doesn't seem quite right as fans can raise a teams performance.. just a thought...
Angler1

Postby Westgate Wanderer » Sat May 08, 2021 4:49 pm

Disappointed at finishing fourth?? If you had said that at the start of the season they would've ordered you a straight jacket! Could point to a nailed on penalty we didn't get at Port Vale, the dodgy pen at Cambridge that cost us a point. Possibly other decisions too. We are in the play-offs as the in form team and we look the best team too.I think we owe the Rovers big time. I am positive this side under DA can finish the job at Wemberlee at the end of the month. Bring it on i say :)
Don't worry be happy!
Westgate Wanderer

Postby Bare bum » Sat May 08, 2021 4:51 pm

Angler1 wrote:Not sure whether my facts are right but is it home fans only. If this is the case we will play infront of tranmere fans first. Doesn't seem quite right as fans can raise a teams performance.. just a thought...

I think the way the Tranmere fans have been reacting to their side this last month, they'll be on their backs the minute things go wrong. We just need to keep on keeping on. Dreamy days.
A lilo, almost as nice as a puppy
Bare bum

Postby Little Shrimp » Sat May 08, 2021 4:54 pm

Bare bum wrote:
Angler1 wrote:Not sure whether my facts are right but is it home fans only. If this is the case we will play infront of tranmere fans first. Doesn't seem quite right as fans can raise a teams performance.. just a thought...

I think the way the Tranmere fans have been reacting to their side this last month, they'll be on their backs the minute things go wrong. We just need to keep on keeping on. Dreamy days.

Yeah the way their fans have been reacting on Twitter, I think Tranmere having a crowd in will probably help us more :lol:
Little Shrimp

Postby Redalert1970 » Sat May 08, 2021 4:57 pm

You can't say drawing at home to Southend cost us promotion

We also grabbed a 93rd minute draw at Forest Green andbeat Salford at home with 2 injury time goals

It happens to all teams

Whatever happens from now to the 31st May it's been a fantastic fantastic season
Redalert1970

Postby Keith » Sat May 08, 2021 4:59 pm

I think we can beat any of the other play-off sides, as long as we keep eleven players on the pitch. We're looking solid and can score goals too. Certainly, over two legs I'd fancy us. A trip to Wembley would be an amazing way to end our Centenary season, and it means fans can actually see at least one game this season [fingers crossed!]

The only way I'd have felt disappointed now is if Bolton or Cambridge had dropped points but we'd not won against Bradford. We did what we needed to.

It's been a fantastic season...
...and it isn't finished yet!

Keith
Site Admin

Postby Keith » Sat May 08, 2021 5:00 pm

Redalert1970 wrote:You can't say drawing at home to Southend cost us promotion

We also grabbed a 93rd minute draw at Forest Green andbeat Salford at home with 2 injury time goals

It happens to all teams

Whatever happens from now to the 31st May it's been a fantastic fantastic season

100% agree! :D :D :shock: :o :D :D

Some of the dodgy refereeing decisions have definitely cost us points but occasionally not winning is just football.

Keith
Site Admin

Postby redrobo » Sat May 08, 2021 5:02 pm

Little Shrimp wrote:
Bare bum wrote:

Yeah the way their fans have been reacting on Twitter, I think Tranmere having a crowd in will probably help us more :lol:

At least the lads will not have to get home late after the game. The majority could be in bed by 10pm..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
redrobo

Postby Little Shrimp » Sat May 08, 2021 5:03 pm

Spot on from Keith and RedAlert.

All the teams will have 'what if' moments - if Bolton had blown it, they would have been going on about the red card that got rescinded against us etc. And that's without going all Butterfly effect :lol:

We did our job on the day and that's all we can ask. It would have been absolutely heartbreaking if Bolton/Cambridge had slipped up but we blew it. Just happy to be going into the play-offs with our heads held high after a win!
Little Shrimp

Postby Bare bum » Sat May 08, 2021 5:23 pm

So the rules for fans attending will likely be

"From May 17, indoor events will be capped at 50 per cent capacity or 1,000, whichever is lower, and for outdoor events this will be 50 per cent capacity or 4,000, whichever is lower." (from Sky site)

That's 3,236 for us and 4,000 for Tranmere. Far better than nothing. Anybody know what exactly the process will be for agreeing this?
Bare bum

Postby tim-sanchez » Sat May 08, 2021 5:44 pm

EFL have said they will move the dates of the play-off finals if the CL final is moved to Wembley
tim-sanchez

Postby Wild Bill » Sat May 08, 2021 6:00 pm

Be great if we can get 3000 tickets but I have heard it will be less. Possibly just seated tickets available?
I am the Thai Shrimp!
Wild Bill

Postby BerlinWaller » Sat May 08, 2021 6:06 pm

I have heard it will be nearer the 1500 mark
BerlinWaller

Postby Bare bum » Sat May 08, 2021 6:25 pm

Wild Bill wrote:Be great if we can get 3000 tickets but I have heard it will be less. Possibly just seated tickets available?

BerlinWaller wrote:I have heard it will be nearer the 1500 mark

From where?
Bare bum

Postby Keith » Sat May 08, 2021 6:32 pm

My guess (and it is a guess) is the club would be aiming at very slightly more than the number of season tickets sold, so that season ticket holders would be guaranteed a ticket. Anything else may result in a lottery and some season ticket holders not getting in.

Keith
Site Admin

Postby MfcChris » Sat May 08, 2021 7:21 pm

Season ticket holders going on their own would be a bit boring for them. If we have around 600 season ticket holders, it could be a good idea to give them all 1 extra ticket for a friend, so 1200 fans there, minimum
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby Potted Shrimp » Sat May 08, 2021 11:08 pm

To me this is win-win. Win play-off and go up this season would a fantastic achievement.

If we don't, and keep the manager and players then next season could be better played in front of fans.

Such a shame this season the club has missed potential large crowds against Newcastle, Bolton, Chelsea (away), play-off games and the general larger crowds we would have got given how well we have done. You couldn't make it up.

I haven't posted as much this season because I have been so despondent about the situation and the fact I haven't been able to watch live games
Potted Shrimp

Next

Return to General Discussion