Play-off dates.

Re: Play-off dates.

Postby BerlinWaller » Wed May 12, 2021 2:50 pm

Has anybody heard from the club yet regarding the form we filled in?
BerlinWaller

Postby RedRedWine » Wed May 12, 2021 2:52 pm

I don't really understand your question - the club clearly doesn't have robust data set to apply qualifying criteria against (e.g. match tickets purchased, ifollow games bought, etc.).... hence the elected free-for-all option selected for non-season ticket holders. I'm saying that it should have this information, and if it doesn't then at least be transparent with supporters to explain their decision making process - and learn from it.

If the club you had the data, you'd set and communicate qualifying criteria below availability (e.g. has purchased 10 match tickets). You won't capture everybody, but it would have been fairer that the current system - and people could accept the decision.

I'm also saying that last years season ticket holders that did not renew for 2020/21 should be considered for the priority window alongside existing season ticket holders. I think this should be reviewed by the club as an absolute minimum considering the issue surrounding the refund offer with low/no take-up last season. Surely the club is in possession of this information - full disclosure one of my friends falls into this category although I have not discussed this with him, I just think that is a reasonable concession to make given the circumstances and quite frankly can't believe that this hasn't been considered already by the club.
Last edited by RedRedWine on Wed May 12, 2021 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hello! Hello! We are the Morecambe boys!
RedRedWine

Postby RedRedWine » Wed May 12, 2021 2:55 pm

BerlinWaller wrote:Has anybody heard from the club yet regarding the form we filled in?

Just got my ticket for adult terracing - check your emails
RedRedWine

Postby BerlinWaller » Wed May 12, 2021 3:20 pm

RedRedWine wrote:
BerlinWaller wrote:Has anybody heard from the club yet regarding the form we filled in?

Just got my ticket for adult terracing - check your emails

Not had anything as yet

Edit

Spoke to the club regarding tickets. You will be allocated a ticket for whatever part of the ground you purchased your season ticket. The club are having to send the emails out manually so should be hearing within the next 24hrs.
BerlinWaller

Postby Keith » Wed May 12, 2021 5:16 pm

RedRedWine wrote:I'm also saying that last years season ticket holders that did not renew for 2020/21 should be considered for the priority window alongside existing season ticket holders...

I would say that this would be a sensible way forward, as it guarantees 'regular' fans would get priority and also encourage them to renew again next season.

1. Season Ticket holders
2. 2019/20 Season Ticket holders who didn't renew.
3. Trust members.

If people aren't in any of those three groups then they go in to a general lottery for any remaining tickets.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby glagys » Wed May 12, 2021 6:03 pm

So when you apply for a ticket do you get a confirmation email to say we are dealing with your request ?
glagys

Postby Bare bum » Wed May 12, 2021 6:18 pm

glagys wrote:So when you apply for a ticket do you get a confirmation email to say we are dealing with your request ?

I haven't, so don't think so
A lilo, almost as nice as a puppy
Bare bum

Postby redrobo » Wed May 12, 2021 6:41 pm

glagys wrote:So when you apply for a ticket do you get a confirmation email to say we are dealing with your request ?

I got a confirmation on line that my application had been accepted almost straight away, but to date no more details.
redrobo

Postby redrobo » Wed May 12, 2021 6:48 pm

RedRedWine wrote:I don't really understand your question - the club clearly doesn't have robust data set to apply qualifying criteria against (e.g. match tickets purchased, ifollow games bought, etc.).... hence the elected free-for-all option selected for non-season ticket holders. I'm saying that it should have this information, and if it doesn't then at least be transparent with supporters to explain their decision making process - and learn from it.

If the club you had the data, you'd set and communicate qualifying criteria below availability (e.g. has purchased 10 match tickets). You won't capture everybody, but it would have been fairer that the current system - and people could accept the decision.

I'm also saying that last years season ticket holders that did not renew for 2020/21 should be considered for the priority window alongside existing season ticket holders. I think this should be reviewed by the club as an absolute minimum considering the issue surrounding the refund offer with low/no take-up last season. Surely the club is in possession of this information - full disclosure one of my friends falls into this category although I have not discussed this with him, I just think that is a reasonable concession to make given the circumstances and quite frankly can't believe that this hasn't been considered already by the club.

I know our club does not have a data base :roll: , but let us assume for one minute that it did. My question is 'how would our club or any other club that had a data base of fans details decide how to allocate tickets that are in short supply after season ticket holders have taken their allocation which in our case is circa 600... :?: :?: :?:

Which ever way the club(s) go about the distribution there will be some very loyal fans missing out.

Maybe you can come up with some magical system to resolve the distribution.... :?: :?: :?:
redrobo

Postby Lurchy » Wed May 12, 2021 7:13 pm

Redrobo- the ways mentioned already- previous season ticket holders, previous ticket purchasers, ifollow subscribers, trust members, shareholders. Its not rocket science.

I've had various contact from different clubs down the years after a ticket purchase- including our club seeing if I'd like to renew. So they've had a system before.

Clubs up and down the country have ways of deciding who gets priority sales.
Everybody Love Everybody
Lurchy

Postby RedRedWine » Thu May 13, 2021 7:57 am

Fair play to Rod for addressing some of the points raised here on Radio Lancashire last night. I do feel that he takes the brunt of any criticism unfairly at times - possibly because he is more widely known and approachable by the supporters. Whatever has been agreed, has been done so at board level - so its a collective that are out of touch with the fanbase on this issue (genuine supporters can see the unfairness here - even Neil, who has somehow missed 4 pages of content on the topic in his search to grasp basic concepts of how it could be done), not an individual. Perhaps somebody else should get wheeled out/put ones head 'above the parapet' every once in a while?

Its in areas like this, that the board really does need to lean on an organisation like the Shrimps Trust going forward. I hope there has been communication in the background - communication that needs to be relayed to members.

Although there were explanations in the interview - I'm still scratching my head on this issue, and its fine to disagree. As per Rod, the club does have data on some supporters (ticket buying history, ifollow data* etc.), but seemingly does not have this information for everybody - because a large number of supporters that come week in week out and pay on the 'gate'. These supporters are not captured in the data, or particularly known to the club. Fine - I think its reasonable, given the clubs missed the opportunity to set up a system that was discussed earlier in the season, to say that this group will have to proceed to a general sale window. I presume that the club does not want to be seen as being unfair towards this category of fan (honourable - but counter-productive), so they have basically decided that everybody must go into general sale - even the people they know are regular fans.

Can anybody else grasp this logic? To me its basically running the risk of both groups of people (supporters the club has data on + regular supporters that the club does not) missing out entirely. I just think this is so poorly thought out from start to finish. I don't really know why I am that bothered - I've got my ticket (unless it gets revoked due to persistent moaning!) - but when I see something that looks so unfair on the surface to fellow supporters, I feel that you've got to speak up and if others feel the same then they should be doing! Unless I am the only one who thinks this isn't right?

Also, I don't understand how the club will prevent away supporters obtaining tickets, once you pay these can be downloaded to an app and scanned at the turnstile to gain entry - so the comment about verifying addresses on collection outside the ground is not going to happen.

Some people will be relieved to know that this is the last I will be saying on this topic (I promise!) - I've said too much already. I'm not having a pop at individual board members (its not personal), just the decisions that have been made. I've seen numerous long standing fans post comments online that they are not even going to bother applying for tickets in the general sale, because they feel they are going to miss out anyway - and can't be bothered with the hassle. They're now making alternative plans to watch the game. What a shame that people feel this way, and this need not be the case. Rather than "hoping" tickets find their way into the hands of regular fans, the club could have guaranteed it - but basically decided not to.

Despite all that I am looking forward to this game - what an achievement by the whole club throughout the season to be at this point, in the playoffs and finally being able to admit match going fans! Good luck to everybody hoping to obtain tickets. Up the Shrimps.

*the club now has this data, but it came too late after ticket arrangements were announced/published (although they could still rectify this - people wouldn't think any less of them for doing the right thing vs being called out for abject disorganisation - because the latter is true whatever way you look at it). With the play-offs secured last week, and a strong possibility of it happening for a month or so - I'm unsure why this wasn't requested earlier.
Last edited by RedRedWine on Thu May 13, 2021 8:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
RedRedWine

Postby Bare bum » Thu May 13, 2021 8:09 am

Good post.

Agree entirely, RRW. There has been time to rectify this and it is presently so unfair.
Bare bum

Postby Lonesome Prawn » Thu May 13, 2021 8:34 am

I don’t think there is a real “fair” way of distributing unallocated tickets - giving current season ticket holders first chance is reasonable, but trying to prioritise the rest isn’t practicable.

For myself I’ve been a supporter for nearly 60 years, but apart from this seasons Ifollow matches, I’ve generally paid on the gate apart from a few years when I bought a season ticket, so the club wouldn’t have any data to show I’m any more “loyal” than someone who has only been an occasional supporter for a year or two.

I will try for a ticket, and count myself lucky if I get one!
Lonesome Prawn

Postby RapidShrimp » Thu May 13, 2021 8:37 am

The revelation that the club doesn’t have time to download the iFollow sales is a really weird one. I apologise if I’m ignorant to something, but surely they should’ve foreseen that there’d be a scramble for tickets and would access some part of this information earlier?

I completely agree with your posts RRW, spot on.

They say they’ll check for the ‘signs’ to make sure no TR fans get in, but what happens if there’s hundreds of them and they all get found out? Does that mean those hundreds of tickets are effectively lost? Or would they go on sale again?

Also, I may have missed something (I don’t think I have) - if you are a non-season ticket holder, do you get a choice who you sit next to? I know for the season tickets you all apply on one form to make sure you’re together, but what about the rest? :?
RapidShrimp

Postby Bare bum » Thu May 13, 2021 12:29 pm

Check your junk folder. My ticket invite was there.
Bare bum

Postby black morse » Thu May 13, 2021 2:01 pm

Bare bum wrote:

Check your junk folder. My ticket invite was there.

Ah, your computer/phone recognised it was from 'little old Morecambe' :o :lol:
black morse

Postby Screenster » Thu May 13, 2021 2:22 pm

Anyone still not had their ticket? I've had mine through but a friend who put me down on their list hasn't had theirs through yet.
Screenster

Postby BerlinWaller » Thu May 13, 2021 2:50 pm

Screenster wrote:Anyone still not had their ticket? I've had mine through but a friend who put me down on their list hasn't had theirs through yet.

Similar story. I have had mine through with my Dad and lad on but my Dad hasn't had a reply to his. Hopefully the club are cross referencing all the applications. Caused some bloody anxiety has this.
BerlinWaller

Postby Bare bum » Thu May 13, 2021 2:58 pm

BerlinWaller wrote:
Screenster wrote:Anyone still not had their ticket? I've had mine through but a friend who put me down on their list hasn't had theirs through yet.

Similar story. I have had mine through with my Dad and lad on but my Dad hasn't had a reply to his. Hopefully the club are cross referencing all the applications. Caused some bloody anxiety has this.

I've got your dad's but it's for standing behind the goals at Hertha Berlin.......
Bare bum

Postby Ego Tripping » Thu May 13, 2021 3:40 pm

BerlinWaller wrote:

Surely if you’ve got your dads he doesn’t need a reply? It was clear that in order to be together payment for group tickets would need to be done in one transaction.
Ego Tripping

Postby BerlinWaller » Thu May 13, 2021 3:42 pm

Bare bum wrote:
BerlinWaller wrote:

I've got your dad's but it's for standing behind the goals at Hertha Berlin.......

Have you just done a funny?
BerlinWaller

Postby Screenster » Thu May 13, 2021 3:50 pm

Ego Tripping wrote:
BerlinWaller wrote:

Surely if you’ve got your dads he doesn’t need a reply? It was clear that in order to be together payment for group tickets would need to be done in one transaction.

Looked on the fans page group on facebook and quite a few are still waiting for theirs it seems. My friend put me down on his and even though I had applied separately without realising I have my email but he doesn't have his. I'm holding off paying for mine just yet just in case his comes through but with closing time looming I'm growing more doubtful with each passing minute.
Screenster

Postby sandgrown » Thu May 13, 2021 4:11 pm

I got confirmation about 3pm, but my daughter who I applied for to sit together was missing, so I went down to the ground and bumped in to Rod who passed me on to Martin.
he has sorted it now and we have two seats together thankfully !
sandgrown

Postby BerlinWaller » Thu May 13, 2021 4:15 pm

Ego Tripping wrote:
BerlinWaller wrote:

We filled in two separate forms in our haste to book tickets.

We have 3 tickets so not a big issue but just don't want the club to issue duplicates
BerlinWaller

Postby glagys » Thu May 13, 2021 5:36 pm

Yep got my ticket

So what happens should we win and end up at that London,
What plans are there about having fans in, and if your looking at coaches travelling down at a social distancing rule and only 50% full that bang the price up, perhaps a special train like in 1974
glagys

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion