Play-off dates.

Re: Play-off dates.

Postby Screenster » Tue May 11, 2021 6:26 pm

Filled in my form, see you on the 23rd! :D
Screenster

Postby lancaster shrimp » Tue May 11, 2021 6:38 pm

There's going to be loyal fans like myself, who don't have season tickets, who are going to struggle for a ticket right? :(
lancaster shrimp

Postby RapidShrimp » Tue May 11, 2021 6:47 pm

lancaster shrimp wrote:There's going to be loyal fans like myself, who don't have season tickets, who are going to struggle for a ticket right? :(

Yes, plenty. But don't worry, your place will be taken by someone who's likely never been to the club before and just wants a trip out! :roll:

A simple message to the club, I know it's hard to track the 'loyalty' of fans, but surely this makes no sense to you either?
RapidShrimp

Postby Keith » Tue May 11, 2021 7:21 pm

RapidShrimp wrote:Yes, plenty. But don't worry, your place will be taken by someone who's likely never been to the club before and just wants a trip out! :roll:

A simple message to the club, I know it's hard to track the 'loyalty' of fans, but surely this makes no sense to you either?

Are you offering a potential solution or just the likely problem?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby marky No.1 » Tue May 11, 2021 7:26 pm

There will be some very hot telephones over the next couple of days
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby RapidShrimp » Tue May 11, 2021 7:30 pm

Keith wrote:
RapidShrimp wrote:Yes, plenty. But don't worry, your place will be taken by someone who's likely never been to the club before and just wants a trip out! :roll:

Are you offering a potential solution or just the likely problem?

Solutions:

- Use past seasons data like at other clubs to determine who would fit into another stage of the process
- Shrimps Trust members get priority over other non season ticket holders
- Fans who have watched a certain amount of iFollow games get priority
- Must have already been registered with the club's ticketing department for over a year to prove you are a Morecambe fan and not a Tranmere fan/member of the media/just want a fun day out with no interest in the footy

marky No.1 wrote:There will be some very hot telephones over the next couple of days

Another problem. Is there only going to be one member of staff manning the phone? If so, this makes anyone without (or slow while using) the internet highly unlikely to get a ticket. Sadly, I don't think there's much you can do about this...
RapidShrimp

Postby MfcChris » Tue May 11, 2021 7:33 pm

So let me get this right, myself as a season ticket holder must sit on my own, and a fellow family member (who goes to or subscribes to every game but not a season ticket holder) has to purchase a ticket on general sale and also sit on their own, or even stand on their own in another stand?

Why can't season ticket holders buy another seat next to them?

Can season ticket holders stand?
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby Keith » Tue May 11, 2021 7:38 pm

I think Trust membership would be a good second level of priority (after season ticket holders first). I'd presume most season ticket holders are already Trust members, so a third level would probably be needed.

iFollow subscriptions would be a good idea, but I wonder if there will be problems with this from a GDPR perspective. Would it be a breach of Data Protection if the club used iFollow subscriptions for 'marketing'? The fact that anyone who subscribed would want a ticket and not complain is not the point, it may be a breach.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

Keith
Site Admin

Postby Wild Bill » Tue May 11, 2021 7:40 pm

Never going to be a perfect system. Not clear though if all stands will be open. I'd much prefer to stand but wonder how social distance rules could be enforced.
I am the Thai Shrimp!
Wild Bill

Postby Westgate Wanderer » Tue May 11, 2021 7:46 pm

Wild Bill wrote:Never going to be a perfect system. Not clear though if all stands will be open. I'd much prefer to stand but wonder how social distance rules could be enforced.
They have put prices up for standing so i assume it will be in all three standing areas to spread the fans out.When you register put the names of your fellow season ticket holders on the list with you name (if you know it) Again it looks like groups of 6 can be together
Don't worry be happy!
Westgate Wanderer

Postby jbc.shrimp » Tue May 11, 2021 7:58 pm

More confusion. O.W.S. says season ticket holders must sit in their S/T allocated seat, I haven't received my S/T., and does that mean I can't stand in the home end with my Sons in Law and Grandson if they have to stand in the home end ?
jbc.shrimp

Postby Shrimp Girl » Tue May 11, 2021 8:18 pm

Not how I read it. It says:
"Due to Covid protocols and to ensure the safety of all fans, ticket holders will be required to sit in the allocated seat specified on their ticket."

That is, the seat specified on your printed ticket for this game only. Season tickets aren't mentioned. They don't want people moving about and swapping seats once they are in the stadium. You go in the seat you are allocated and if your friends/relatives are in another stand you just have to sing louder to make yourself heard. Is how I read it.
Shrimp Girl

Postby Andy D » Tue May 11, 2021 8:36 pm

Shrimp Girl wrote:Not how I read it. It says:
"Due to Covid protocols and to ensure the safety of all fans, ticket holders will be required to sit in the allocated seat specified on their ticket."

That is, the seat specified on your printed ticket for this game only. Season tickets aren't mentioned. They don't want people moving about and swapping seats once they are in the stadium. You go in the seat you are allocated and if your friends/relatives are in another stand you just have to sing louder to make yourself heard. Is how I read it.

Spot on!
Andy D

Postby captain sparkle » Wed May 12, 2021 6:52 am

Keith wrote:I think Trust membership would be a good second level of priority (after season ticket holders first). I'd presume most season ticket holders are already Trust members, so a third level would probably be needed.

Shareholders?

(I think I keep saying this everytime there's a big game with the possibility of a sellout!, i.e. since they started selling those shares! :lol: )
PYROMANIACS OF THE WORLD IGNITE!
Over 3.7 million hits on YouToob! Subscribers needed! full & part time! apply now!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeOzzTpVT3A
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLeFlLgCS-jBXwnXTtT8vJBReNXSYuphoM
captain sparkle

Postby Keith » Wed May 12, 2021 7:27 am

captain sparkle wrote:
Keith wrote:I think Trust membership would be a good second level of priority (after season ticket holders first). I'd presume most season ticket holders are already Trust members, so a third level would probably be needed.

Shareholders?

(I think I keep saying this everytime there's a big game with the possibility of a sellout!, i.e. since they started selling those shares! :lol: )

:lol: :lol: :lol: Good shout! :lol: :lol: :lol:
I wonder how many of us are?

Keith
Site Admin

Postby jbc.shrimp » Wed May 12, 2021 7:29 am

MfcChris wrote:So let me get this right, myself as a season ticket holder must sit on my own, and a fellow family member (who goes to or subscribes to every game but not a season ticket holder) has to purchase a ticket on general sale and also sit on their own, or even stand on their own in another stand?

Why can't season ticket holders buy another seat next to them?

Can season ticket holders stand?

Exactly a point of concern. This means I won't be able to take my 9 year old grandson, as I can't guarantee he'd be sat with me.
jbc.shrimp

Postby Little Shrimp » Wed May 12, 2021 10:37 am

Obviously it's totally right that season ticket holders all get priority for a ticket.

After that though, I'm a little disappointed to see that there isn't some kind of priority system for people who've watched on iFollow throughout the season. People who have followed that way - myself included - have probably spent roughly the same amount as a season ticket holder.

Not sure how feasible the logistics would be, but that kind of a system would also help stop any Tranmere fans trying to grab tickets etc as they presumably haven't been paying for Morecambe iFollow passes over the course of the season!

I suppose it is a tricky thing to manage though, and there will always some people disappointed due to the difficulty in navigating the restrictions. Fingers crossed I can get a ticket, but whoever's there I'm sure will create a good atmosphere!
Little Shrimp

Postby Keith » Wed May 12, 2021 1:19 pm

Little Shrimp wrote:After that though, I'm a little disappointed to see that there isn't some kind of priority system for people who've watched on iFollow throughout the season...

...Not sure how feasible the logistics would be, but that kind of a system would also help stop any Tranmere fans trying to grab tickets etc as they presumably haven't been paying for Morecambe iFollow passes over the course of the season!

I suspect that it may be a GDPR issue. Unless people agreed to their details being used for 'marketing purposes' then using iFollow information is probably a breach of Data Protection. If it could be done, then I agree, this is the fairest way forward, but it probably can't be done. That's my guess.

Keith
Site Admin

Postby RedRedWine » Wed May 12, 2021 1:38 pm

I'm a season ticket holder - so not impacted as such.

Apparently the club doesn't have sufficient data to be able to operate priority windows for regular non-season ticket fans - if that's the case they should come out and say so to stop speculation. It would still be pathetic, to not have a record of your match going fans - a recurring problem that dates back to when we sold out vs Ipswich Town all those years ago, but at least supporters could understand the decision about why they are left to apply for tickets in the general sale window and run the risk of not being able to attend at all.

I'd be miffed if I was a season ticket holder for 2019/20 season that understandably did not renew because of the uncertainty around games taking place this year. Surely at the very least these people are known by the club and could therefore have been given priority - and if they are not know that's truly appalling IMO if we are trying to build and retain a following, yet let people fall away so readily without retaining their information. These are the same supporters that most likely refused the offer of a refund for unused games last season - how quickly their generosity has been forgotten. I find it hard to believe that this wasn't discussed as part of any decision - and if it was then it strikes me as being extremely callous for them to be ignored.

What a shame that for an occasion where everybody should be excited about attending games again (the play-offs no less), that this has become a divisive topic about who gets tickets - driven by an apparent lack of forward planning and clarity behind decisions taken to date by the club. There was discussion about the club implementing a membership/priority ticketing scheme earlier in the season when it looked like fans would be permitted to return to grounds at various points. Unfortunately this was just talk, and not implemented - because it would have largely avoided this current predicament. Goodbye Little Old Morecambe indeed.

Interesting what the Trust says about this - they're independent from the club, and should be acting in the interests of their members. Hopefully they will demonstrate and communicate that they have at least been trying to do so, on this matter in particular. I don't necessarily agree that Trust members should ordinarily be given priority vs other non-season ticket holding non-trust members that go to matches (because the society is independent from the club), but in this instance if you conclude that members of the Trust are genuine supporters of the club, in absence of the club being able to do so, I think you could reasonably identify them as a group of match going supporters.... who should IMO be given priority ahead of the general sale.

I truly hope that tickets find their way into the hands of people that have been attending games - these people deserve to be part of such a special occasion.
Last edited by RedRedWine on Wed May 12, 2021 2:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Hello! Hello! We are the Morecambe boys!
RedRedWine

Postby redrobo » Wed May 12, 2021 1:47 pm

Ticketing issues are common complaint at many sporting clubs and venues.

Not sure how any organisation can overcome such a complex issue.

With an allocation of 1550 then it follows that there will be some genuine fans who will suffer and for me the suggestion of making tickets also available to Trust Members seems a part logical solution.

Not sure if this would work or even be allowed but could the club allow ticket access to the Local Choice Suite and for those in there to view the game on a big screen but with the windows curtained to prevent viewing of the actual game as it progresses live. Nah.... :!: :!: :!:
Last edited by redrobo on Wed May 12, 2021 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
redrobo

Postby Wild Bill » Wed May 12, 2021 1:52 pm

It might have been an idea to sell the remaining tickets by ballot. Fans buy a ticket by a certain date and then there's a draw for the remaining tickets. Then, those that miss out can use their ticket for a game next season. It would bring in lots of revenue and would probably be the fairest way of selling the remaining tickets.
I am the Thai Shrimp!
Wild Bill

Postby RedRedWine » Wed May 12, 2021 1:56 pm

Starting an excel spreadsheet with a list of fans would have helped.

Being ready to host a test event would have been useful.

Acting on your valid idea to create a ticket membership scheme that could cope with the potential return of fans to grounds at various points during the past 12 months - invaluable.

Sorry if this rubs people up the wrong way - appreciate that its been a difficult 12 months for everybody and for the club. We've listened to directors championing the return of supporters and expressing empathy for those who can't attend - but ultimately we've had ages to get ready for this eventuality, and from the outside we seem to have been wholly unprepared for this. We hear things on the Shrimps Trust podcast about how the relationship between the club and the Trust and the other component parts of the club is improving - is this actually the case? Were the Trust even consulted on this decision that impacts their members and the fans in general? Based on what's been discussed here and elsewhere - they clearly need to be going forwards.
Last edited by RedRedWine on Wed May 12, 2021 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RedRedWine

Postby redrobo » Wed May 12, 2021 2:10 pm

RedRedWine wrote:

Acting on your valid idea to create a ticket membership scheme - invaluable.

Sorry if this rubs people up the wrong way - appreciate that its been a difficult 12 months for everybody and for the club. We've listened to directors championing the return of supporters and expressing empathy for those who can't attend - but ultimately we've had ages to get ready for this eventuality, and from the outside we seem to have been wholly unprepared for this. We hear on things things on the Shrimps Trust podcast about how the relationship between the club and the Trust and other component parts is improving - is this actually the case? Were the Trust even consulted on this decision that impacts their members and fans in general? Based on what's been discussed here and elsewhere - they clearly need to be going forwards.

So assuming that there is 2000 + names on this speadsheet how do the club determine who gets a ticket. There will always be winners and losers whatever system is adopted. For me the most practical suggestion is a ballot...but even that is unable to determine who has been a regular fan or is a one day in a lifetime glory hunter.

Wonder how FGR, Newport and Tranmere resolve a similar issue with their fan base :?: :?: :?:
Last edited by redrobo on Wed May 12, 2021 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
redrobo

Postby RedRedWine » Wed May 12, 2021 2:15 pm

redrobo wrote:
RedRedWine wrote:

Acting on your valid idea to create a ticket membership scheme - invaluable.

Sorry if this rubs people up the wrong way - appreciate that its been a difficult 12 months for everybody and for the club. We've listened to directors championing the return of supporters and expressing empathy for those who can't attend - but ultimately we've had ages to get ready for this eventuality, and from the outside we seem to have been wholly unprepared for this. We hear on things things on the Shrimps Trust podcast about how the relationship between the club and the Trust and other component parts is improving - is this actually the case? Were the Trust even consulted on this decision that impacts their members and fans in general? Based on what's been discussed here and elsewhere - they clearly need to be going forwards.

So assuming that there is 2000 + names on this speadsheet how do the club determine who gets a ticket. There will always be winners and losers whatever system is adopted. For me the most practical suggestion is a ballot...

There clearly isn't such a database, otherwise they would surely have used it? Hence the general sale. I'm saying that this has been coming for ages - and the club has put themselves in a difficult position because it is poorly organised operationally. The directors have openly said that they are often running around firefighting/like blue arsed flies, hence the appointment of a GM - who will hopefully be an external appointment, and somebody that can come into the club with a fresh set of eyes. We've seen the benefit of this recently both on and off the field with the recruitment of Derek Adams and Martin Thomas respectively.
RedRedWine

Postby redrobo » Wed May 12, 2021 2:25 pm

Qustion about how you determine on a data basis who gets a ticket still to be answered. :?: :?: :?:

FGR to date have made no announcement.
Tranmere are allowing free tickets to all season ticket holders and any left of the 3400 allocated will go on general sale.
Newport County have been given test status by the the Welsh Government limits on the numbers being allowed in their stadium. As yet no details about ticket distribution.

For me our club have acted quickly in what have been difficult circumstances.
redrobo

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion