o/t Bolton Wan***ers finances?

o/t Bolton Wan***ers finances?

Postby Keith » Sat May 08, 2021 3:02 pm

Anyone have any idea what they are up to financially now? Last I heard, they converted a £4 million pound debt in to a "high interest loan". If that is ongoing, it will be in the region of £4,000 a week in interest alone. They signed loads of players in the January transfer window. I wonder if they are heading for another financial meltdown? They are now my most despised club. I wouldn't want to see them go out of business, but back to League Two next season please!
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Re: o/t Bolton Wan***ers finances?

Postby Keith » Sat May 08, 2021 4:05 pm

They've just had someone from Bolton on the radio...

"We're a bigger club than League Two, we're a bigger club than League One. In fact, we're a big Championship club. It would have been a disaster for our business model if we'd had to spend two seasons in League Two". Didn't catch their name but they were either an official, or a pundit who used to play for them.

What a horrible, arrogant bunch of...

I wouldn't wish any club go out of business, but if their "business model" continues to be, 'spend lots of money that we don't have', then administration and other problems will be heading their way.

The only way I could despise them more, is if they appoint Westley as manager!
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

Keith
Site Admin

Postby black morse » Sat May 08, 2021 4:17 pm

Keith wrote:They've just had someone from Bolton on the radio...

"We're a bigger club than League Two, we're a bigger club than League One. In fact, we're a big Championship club. It would have been a disaster for our business model if we'd had to spend two seasons in League Two". Didn't catch their name but they were either an official, or a pundit who used to play for them.

What a horrible, arrogant bunch of...

I wouldn't wish any club go out of business, but if their "business model" continues to be, 'spend lots of money that we don't have', then administration and other problems will be heading their way.

The only way I could despise them more, is if they appoint Westley as manager!

I take it you don't like them then Keith?
black morse

Postby Keith » Sat May 08, 2021 4:19 pm

black morse wrote:I take it you don't like them then Keith?

:lol: :lol: :lol: Am I that transparent? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I used to be completely ambivalent towards them but not now...

Keith
Site Admin

Postby Old Man Kensey » Sat May 08, 2021 6:33 pm

Always iterates me when I side gets a point deduction for financial issues. It benefits teams that season, not the sides they had been cheating against, if indeed they gained promotion by spending money they didn't have.
The thrushes' bleeding battle with the wrens
Disrupts my reverie again
Old Man Kensey

Postby Keith » Sat May 08, 2021 6:40 pm

Old Man Kensey wrote:Always iterates me when I side gets a point deduction for financial issues. It benefits teams that season, not the sides they had been cheating against, if indeed they gained promotion by spending money they didn't have.

I broadly agree, but not sure what the alternative could be?

I'll bet Bury fans would rather they'd lived within their means and finished bottom of League Two, continuing with life in the National League, than spending money they didn't have, winning promotion to League One, then never playing another game.

What annoys me is when companies, including Football Clubs, use administration etc to avoid paying their debts, often to smaller companies, forcing them out of business, then re-form and carry on. Apparently, Bolton didn't pay their pasties supplier. I'll bet that Bolton was one of that companies biggest customers and one of their largest debts.

Keith
Site Admin

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Sat May 08, 2021 8:38 pm

They signed Christian Doige from Forest Green a couple of years back and then couldn't afford the fee !
Gone_Shrimping

Return to General Discussion