Northampton eying up Derek Adams!

Northampton eying up Derek Adams!

Postby dannymorc1 » Mon May 03, 2021 11:08 am

https://the72.co.uk/233759/northampton- ... pointment/
Just seen this. We don’t want Derek to leave. Could do without any distractions this week!
dannymorc1

Re: Northampton eying up Derek Adam’s!

Postby Phoenix Shrimp 2017 » Mon May 03, 2021 11:55 am

I'm sure Derek will be as ambitious as the next man, but Northampton Town??? Yet another club who sack managers with indecent haste.

When the time comes for him to move I can only imagine it will be to someone a lot higher up the food chain.

I suppose part of the problem is that a lot of other clubs still view us as li'l ol' Morecambe who they think they can walk all over. I suspect we're a slightly different beast nowadays.

UTS.
Phoenix Shrimp 2017

Postby dannymorc1 » Mon May 03, 2021 12:07 pm

Phoenix Shrimp 2017 wrote:I'm sure Derek will be as ambitious as the next man, but Northampton Town??? Yet another club who sack managers with indecent haste.

When the time comes for him to move I can only imagine it will be to someone a lot higher up the food chain.

I suppose part of the problem is that a lot of other clubs still view us as li'l ol' Morecambe who they think they can walk all over. I suspect we're a slightly different beast nowadays.

UTS.

I agree, he would definitely set his sights much higher. But after we are promoted next week, why would he want to leave?
We CAN do it.
COME ON YOU MORECAMBE REDS.
dannymorc1

Postby black morse » Mon May 03, 2021 12:35 pm

Derek's contract runs till the end of next season. Unless a 'big' club comes knocking I expect he will remain until then and even if he were to go before then I assume we would be able to get reasonable compensation. Depends on the terms of his contract.
black morse

Postby Bristol Shrimp » Mon May 03, 2021 12:55 pm

I find it absolutely utænkelig? (Beggers belief?) That all these official sites still call us The Shrimpers?!
Vi er røde, vi er hvide, vi står sammen, side om side!
Bristol Shrimp

Postby redrobo » Mon May 03, 2021 5:54 pm

Bristol Shrimp wrote:I find it absolutely utænkelig? (Beggers belief?) That all these official sites still call us The Shrimpers?!

Others can call us what they like....they'll soon remember who we are.... :D :D :D
redrobo

Re: Northampton eying up Derek Adams!

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Sat May 08, 2021 5:07 pm

Northampton have appointed a manager Jon Brady.

We need to extend Derek's contract as soon as possible as others will be eyeing him up and thinking they can lure him.
Gone_Shrimping

Re: Northampton eying up Derek Adams!

Postby RapidShrimp » Sat May 08, 2021 5:15 pm

Gone_Shrimping wrote:Northampton have appointed a manager Jon Brady.

We need to extend Derek's contract as soon as possible as others will be eyeing him up and thinking they can lure him.

We really don’t... Derek has got a contract for next season and will choose whether he wants to stay or go after 21/22.
RapidShrimp

Return to General Discussion