Morecambe 3 [Stockton, Mendes-Gomes 2] Crawley 1 LIVE thread

Re: Morecambe 2 [Stockton, Mendes-Gomes] Crawley 1 LIVE thre

Postby black morse » Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:17 pm

dannymorc1 wrote:Why can't we kill a game off? Going further back all the time and inviting them on.
COME ON YOU MORECAMBE REDS.

You were saying?
black morse

Re: Morecambe 3 [Stockton, Mendes-Gomes 2] Crawley 1 LIVE th

Postby Redalert1970 » Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:18 pm

Excellent game tonight and 2nd half we have been brilliant
Redalert1970

Postby RapidShrimp » Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:18 pm

Brilliant again by Cole, FANTASTIC second half :D
RapidShrimp

Postby tim-sanchez » Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:19 pm

New top scorer CMG!
tim-sanchez

Postby Born again Bill » Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:19 pm

Can you ban Brian Campbell from Saturdays game please ;)
Born again Bill

Postby dannymorc1 » Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:20 pm

I'm struggling with crap internet and at least a couple of minutes behind most of the time.
Another great goal and can finally relax now.
dannymorc1

Postby Bare bum » Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:22 pm

Love it :D
A lilo, almost as nice as a puppy
Bare bum

Postby Keith » Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:23 pm

Great game of football, Crawley were decent but we were far better. Really good football. :D :D :D
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby glagys » Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:26 pm

Great display from the lads
All played well
glagys

Postby Screenster » Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:30 pm

Very open, end to end game, Crawley kept playing down the flanks first half and looked dangerous but their wide players seemed to tire by the second half which allowed us to really get on the front foot. Could have scored a couple more on another day but a great win and another 3 points! COYS!
Screenster

Postby Keith » Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:34 pm

I wish iFollow would agree to a period of time after the game to be devoted to the commentators round-up. We're paying for a service, not to listen to adverts the moment the game ends. The comments & opinions at the end were interesting, surely they can agree not to play adverts for [say] two minutes after the full time whistle? :evil:
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:35 pm

Exvellent, good bit of shuffling, fantastic start, they took over, we score and i thought oh no defend for half an hour, but some great interplay, so many chances created, good to watch, wooo...

Yes Keith, i said the same, Glen chopped off in all the excitement - shame :?
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Little Shrimp » Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:44 pm

What an exciting game of football! Interesting too as both teams were looking to counter, and when this happens it can end up a dull game with each side sitting back and trying to coax the other one out a bit.

But that wasn't the case today, as we both wanted to press and win the ball back to counter, so the game pretty much became a long stream of counter attacks in the first half!

Second half we stepped up a gear and started to control the game more I thought, in large through some brilliant attacking performances from our frontline! In the end, I felt we ran out deserved winners and the game could well have been about 5-2.

Slew with his confidence up and head on brings something different to our frontline in a more pacy/direct running style, which is something nobody else really has. It gives us a bit more variance in attack which is great. But tonight he also showcased some brilliant footballing intelligence for his back-heel assist and superbly timed through ball for Hendrie. I think it's a part of his game that has gone underrated, that intelligence and timing for a pass. Hopefully he can keep it up!

Stockton was an absolutely monster in the second half, and it's a shame he couldn't tuck away that header that came off the post. The way he pins defenders, rolls them and buffets them away is absolutely incredible. It's a really unique skill. And CMG was excellent too, sending some lovely balls in behind and getting in for a couple of great little poacher goals.

Just come back to edit in as well, what a great performance from Songo'o. Spring loaded boots mopping up all those goal kicks!

Absolutely buzzing after a very grim showing at Mansfield, what a way to bounce back! Only down point is the injury to Lyons - those knee twists (what it looked like) can be quite bad so hope it's not as serious as it looked like it may have been. Looked very promising in those opening 30 mins.
Little Shrimp

Postby Wild Bill » Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:02 pm

Another home win. Unbelievable stuff after the dross we've had for 10+ years. Lets hope it continues next season!
I am the Thai Shrimp!
Wild Bill

Postby Redalert1970 » Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:04 pm

Some good results for us tonight as well...

Forest Green, Carlisle, Cambridge and Newport all getting beat plus Exeter only drawing

Next 6 games are massive
Redalert1970

Postby scalehallshrimp » Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:31 pm

Crawley forum" morecambe looked a useful side with some lively forwards"
Praise indeed
scalehallshrimp

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:15 pm

Also on the Crawley forum we have been called the best team they have faced this season.

Nice to have some praise from other teams fans.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby redrobo » Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:28 pm

Only 2 words from me......bloody brilliant.... :lol:
redrobo

Postby RapidShrimp » Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:35 pm

Keith wrote:I wish iFollow would agree to a period of time after the game to be devoted to the commentators round-up. We're paying for a service, not to listen to adverts the moment the game ends. The comments & opinions at the end were interesting, surely they can agree not to play adverts for [say] two minutes after the full time whistle? :evil:

Agree, normally you pay for a service when you want to REMOVE adverts! Ever since iFollow became more mainstream due to COVID, they’ve slammed all these irritating, repetitive adverts in every space they can find. It was never this bad when I used to watch the non Saturday 3pm KO’s on iFollow...

Anyway, at least we can watch our team play I suppose.
RapidShrimp

Postby tim-sanchez » Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:38 pm

If we can't have the adverts removed, it would be nice if the commentators got some sort of indicator that they were coming so they don't get cut-off mid-sentence. That way they could pause and resume talking afterwards.

I guess that applies more at half-time and pre-match though rather than at full-time.
tim-sanchez

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:50 pm

Another stat.

Only 2 teams have scored more goals than us and one of them is Oldham who have also let in nearly 60 so they do tend to trade goals.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby Alan » Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:04 am

The most entertaining game I have seen for a long while. Good to watch a game between two teams intent on playing football and virtually no 'aggro' in the match.

I thought we were the better 'team' on the night but individually some of their men showed better control and technique when on the ball, as well as a confidence to go forward quickly, taking men on, causing our defence to look a little shakey. As Glen mentioned in the commentary, their players seemed to bust a gut to support the attacking play, whilst ours seemed to amble up. Many a time when we break, the player with the ball gets over the halfway line and then cuts back looking for support, giving their defence time to reform. Sometimes you just have to have the confidence to go on your own.

If I sing to Crawley fans 'can we play you every week' its not because we won, but because I would like to see more games played in that way and that spirit. I wish them well for the rest of the season.
Alan

Postby Sakhalin Shrimp » Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:35 am

Alan wrote:The most entertaining game I have seen for a long while. Good to watch a game between two teams intent on playing football and virtually no 'aggro' in the match.

I thought we were the better 'team' on the night but individually some of their men showed better control and technique when on the ball, as well as a confidence to go forward quickly, taking men on, causing our defence to look a little shakey. As Glen mentioned in the commentary, their players seemed to bust a gut to support the attacking play, whilst ours seemed to amble up. Many a time when we break, the player with the ball gets over the halfway line and then cuts back looking for support, giving their defence time to reform. Sometimes you just have to have the confidence to go on your own.

If I sing to Crawley fans 'can we play you every week' its not because we won, but because I would like to see more games played in that way and that spirit. I wish them well for the rest of the season.

Totally agree with this, a thoroughly enjoyable game after the dour game on Saturday made all the better with the 3 points.
A man doesn't know what happiness is until he's married. By then it's too late.
Sakhalin Shrimp

Postby shrimp in cyprus » Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:13 am

Just seen a short interview with the Crawley manager after the game.

https://www.crawleytownfc.com/news/2021 ... john-yems/

Absolutely brilliant - and honest!! :D :D :D
The wine and the football seem better in the sunshine!!
shrimp in cyprus

Postby Freez » Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:34 am

What’s the main thing we can takeaway from this game gaffer?
“I’m having a pizza on the coach, that’s the main thing we can take away”. :D
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion