Mansfield 1 Morecambe 0 LIVE thread

Re: Mansfield 1 Morecambe 0 LIVE thread

Postby redrobo » Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:06 pm

Just a suggestion but maybe if our goalkeeper had thrown the ball to one of our defenders to carry forward instead of a long punt up field which 9 times out of 10 a Mansfield defender was able to win a heading dual v a Shrimp we would have been a wee bit more constructive in our play... :?: :?: :?:

Playing from the back is not DA's way but a change in tactics was for me called for on the day.

However we all view a game differently..... :) :) :)
redrobo

Postby BerlinWaller » Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:16 pm

redrobo wrote:Just a suggestion but maybe if our goalkeeper had thrown the ball to one of our defenders to carry forward instead of a long punt up field which 9 times out of 10 a Mansfield defender was able to win a heading dual v a Shrimp we would have been a wee bit more constructive in our play... :?: :?: :?:

Playing from the back is not DA's way but a change in tactics was for me called for on the day.

Differently? Sounds like you have got mixed up with the Six Nations.
BerlinWaller

Postby redrobo » Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:51 pm

BerlinWaller wrote:
redrobo wrote:Just a suggestion but maybe if our goalkeeper had thrown the ball to one of our defenders to carry forward instead of a long punt up field which 9 times out of 10 a Mansfield defender was able to win a heading dual v a Shrimp we would have been a wee bit more constructive in our play... :?: :?: :?:

....and your assessment of yesterdays tactics is..... :o :o :o
redrobo

Postby BerlinWaller » Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:41 pm

redrobo wrote:
BerlinWaller wrote:

....and your assessment of yesterdays tactics is..... :o :o :o

Sounds like Mansfield and their Manager did a number on us. Both teams employ tactics and both teams do their research. Clough will have seen we are a counter attacking team, even i saw a tweet confirming we have had the most counters resulting in a shot in L2. They stopped us countering and nullified our threat. Like Keith says, we could do with a plan B.

If only we rolled it out to the centre backs whilst under pressure on what sounds like a very bad pitch. What could go wrong eh?
BerlinWaller

Postby halfwayprawn » Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:29 am

My saying (we never learn) was that when we start hoofing in the air and playing head tennis it does us no favours as I believe we play the ball better on the ground. When we play teams that like to bully us Mansfield,Stevenage,Cambridge we always seem to be the team that loses out. Mansfield got the ball down first gave it to Quinn and he was a threat all game. You say we dont need to learn anything, then you say we need to sort out our clinical finishing and yes i agree with you, we need to learn to freshen things up and help Stockton.
halfwayprawn

Previous

Return to General Discussion