RapidShrimp

Re: THIRD ROUND OF FA CUP AWAY AT CHELSEA

Postby tim-sanchez » Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:29 pm

Great draw, now lets just hope it's on TV
tim-sanchez

Postby cragbankshrimp » Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:37 pm

Which side of the fence are you on Freeze :D
"Accrington Stanley" Who are they??????????????
cragbankshrimp

Postby Wild Bill » Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:39 pm

Absolutely gutting. Maybe Chelsea can let us have their 2000 tickets? Haha
I am the Thai Shrimp!
Wild Bill

Postby Redalert1970 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:42 pm

Quite a few possible Tv games

Marine v Spurs

Crawley v Leeds

Chorley v Derby

Newport v Brighton

Blackpool v West Brom

Chelsea v Morecambe

But knowing the BBC they will show Arsenal v Newcastle or Aston Villa v Liverpool
Redalert1970

Postby RapidShrimp » Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:43 pm

Wild Bill wrote:Absolutely gutting. Maybe Chelsea can let us have their 2000 tickets? Haha

Is it really gutting though? Of course it’s just typical that we draw them and Newcastle during the ‘covid season’ but I’d rather draw a Chelsea than an Exeter or Mk Dons.
RapidShrimp

Postby Westgate Wanderer » Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:46 pm

Bratfud went there and won a few years ago! :D
Don't worry be happy!
Westgate Wanderer

Postby ahw01 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:49 pm

As locals will have to find if there's a way!
ahw01

Postby redrobo » Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:51 pm

Wild Bill wrote:Absolutely gutting. Maybe Chelsea can let us have their 2000 tickets? Haha

Can you imagine the superb public relations that Chelsea could get if only..........

Funnier things have happened but this is wishful thinking of the highest order...or is it...you never know.

Its not as though our fans being there would change the outcome.....would it... :?: :?: :?:

Just a shame that unlike other seasons we wouldn't earn anything from the gate.....if it was like normal we could have been looking for a windfall...possibly well into £250,000 :?: :?: :?:
redrobo

Postby shrimperteer » Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:52 pm

It's a real shame that we'll not get to be there but it's a fantastic draw for us, especially in these times.

Fingers crossed for some good TV money. The Marine match is the obvious pick for telly but out of those other's I'd say it's us or Crawley that they will look at next.
shrimperteer

Postby Phoenix Shrimp 2017 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:03 pm

Would have made a great weekend away in London. Gutted we can’t be there. On a positive note Derek took a Plymouth team to Liverpool not long ago and got a draw. Never say never!
Phoenix Shrimp 2017

Postby lancaster shrimp » Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:13 pm

WHAT A FANTASTIC DRAW! Does anyone know if BBC will be showing games on IPlayer again? If so, i would of thought we'd be a cert for that, if not normal TV, But we know that Man Utd V Watford will be on. Hopefully this will fire the players up now for the league games to try and get in the starting 11 for this.
lancaster shrimp

Postby Vinny » Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:35 pm

This is a massive occasion and an amazing game for our lads and our club in our Centenary year!!

The lads will all want to be fit and compete for a chance to play in this. Let's hope they shine and enjoy this incredible day for our club. COYMS!!!
Bring me sunshine, in your smile.
A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Vinny

Postby black morse » Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:39 pm

We should all be thankful that the three draws we have had. It's what we have been waiting for for years.
black morse

Postby paulshrimp » Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:11 pm

We will have to win this one as there is no losing prize money! :D
paulshrimp

Postby Wild Bill » Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:05 pm

Maybe our directors could do a deal to play the first team in a friendly next summer. Nothing like a third round match at the bridge but maybe a nice gesture which given the circumstances could be good publicity for both clubs.
I am the Thai Shrimp!
Wild Bill

Postby paulshrimp » Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:19 pm

Who’s first team? Ours or Chelsea’s? :D
paulshrimp

Postby Keith » Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:54 am

black morse wrote:We should all be thankful that the three draws we have had. It's what we have been waiting for for years.

Am I the only one feeling completely underwhelmed? Not a hope of being on TV. If it had been at the Mazuma, then quite possibly, but with the favourites at home, no chance. One Prem v Prem game and a couple of underdog v favourite for TV. Unless they show lots of games on the red button, I am not sure we will even make that. I don't think (hope I'm wrong) that iFollow are allowed to show FA Cup games live, so there is a pretty good chance that no fans will get to see our biggest game in our 100 years.

What would ordinarily would be the biggest game in our history, bringing in a financial windfall that should set us up for a few seasons, is instead a game that may have minimal financial benefit, no fans and no way of watching it.

Our best hope is for a draw and be on TV for the replay, or fans allowed back in to stadiums by January. Get a vaccine and be allowed in might be a motivator to get the jab if anyone needs one!

[Edit: D'oh... no replays, so not even that crumb to hold on to :cry: :cry: :cry: ]
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Phoenix Shrimp 2017 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:21 am

Ironically we may gross more from the Maldon game than the Chelsea game. I would guess that the game would be one of the one camera games on the I player receiving a reduced broadcast fee. Chelsea can also allow 2,000 fans to attend. They are apparently asking £75.00 for some tickets for their first Premier League game under this system so it may generate some gate money. You never know the giant may throw the minnow a few crumbs and let us have the lot. The various income streams from this mean nothing to them but could help us to survive.
Phoenix Shrimp 2017

Postby Vinny » Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:35 am

Let's hope, and I think there is a very good chance it will be on the BBC digital platform again Keith. It's what the FA Cup is about, and we are the Shrimps! This Covid situation has changed everything, so the most we can make of it is to enjoy the occasion and any charitable crumbs. St John's Hospice shirts should fetch a few more rubles now, especially if one of our lads scores a goal against Ch£lski! Hazard gone. Giroud may be off to Inter. There may not be a better time to play them. The cameras will be there. Our lads will have an awesome day!
Bring me sunshine, in your smile.
A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Vinny

Postby Westgate Wanderer » Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:36 pm

Vinny wrote:Let's hope, and I think there is a very good chance it will be on the BBC digital platform again Keith. It's what the FA Cup is about, and we are the Shrimps! This Covid situation has changed everything, so the most we can make of it is to enjoy the occasion and any charitable crumbs. St John's Hospice shirts should fetch a few more rubles now, especially if one of our lads scores a goal against Ch£lski! Hazard gone. Giroud may be off to Inter. There may not be a better time to play them. The cameras will be there. Our lads will have an awesome day!
Could see if the Chelski players could sign our shirts!
Don't worry be happy!
Westgate Wanderer

Postby Westgate Wanderer » Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:05 pm

Nice to see their reserve striker Giroud warming up for our clash! :o
Don't worry be happy!
Westgate Wanderer

Return to General Discussion