From the Solihul Moors Fans Forum

From the Solihul Moors Fans Forum

Postby redrobo » Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:31 pm

https://bsolihullmoors.runboard.com/t5553,offset=0

They certainly don't like Cole or our so called 'thuggish' tactics.
redrobo

Re: From the Solihul Moors Fans Forum

Postby Little Shrimp » Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:10 pm

What a bitter bunch. At the time when watching the replays, I didn't really feel Stockton broke his stride or anything to step on their player's crotch. Admittedly, you could probably make a case for him not trying very hard to avoid it. The intent was ambiguous at best, and the referee didn't (and shouldn't) give a red card when there is that level of ambiguity. It was hardly like the flying kick we saw on O'Sullivan against Mansfield!

I think they seem to be mistaking pressing for rough tactics. Aside from Songo'o careering into people a few times (surprised they didn't pick up on that much given their whinging), I didn't think we were doing anything too terrible. Stockton gives as good as he gets with defenders, and as usual found himself getting his shirt pulled and held back frequently. Could make a case for their man receiving a red card for pulling Stockton back when he looked like he might get through on goal in ET.

They played excellently in the first half but the shape change from Adams at HT put us well on top in the second, and then their legs went in ET. They would do well to remember the five yellow cards they received.
Little Shrimp

Postby fulwoodshrimp » Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:31 pm

Disappointing that Solihull fans seem to be poor losers. They claim we are a dirty side who engage in thuggery. I don’t recognise those descriptions of us. I thought it was a keenly fought contest with fouls by both teams with plenty of yellow cards dished out. Solihull played well in first half aided by a goalkeeping error but fell away the longer the game went on.
fulwoodshrimp

Postby Freez » Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:46 pm

One sided bias, who would have thought? :D

Storer went over the ball and clattered Wildig in the first minute, two people texted in saying it it was anything other than the first minute it was a straight red, didn’t even get booked! But strangely they didn’t mention that. Nor, as has been said, the deliberate pull back on Cole when he was intercepting the back pass.
Every credit to them, they came and had a go, maybe would have been different if Sbarra stayed fit, but it’s a mans game, and we have had numerous absolute awful decisions against us, Stevenage king fu kick was a red, Yellow given, etc etc.

They will do well in their league and have a good side, whining about League two being too rough, welcome to the football league! :lol:
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby Westgate Wanderer » Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:39 pm

Makes a change to see a Morecambe side able to mix it and stand up for themselves! Too often rough house tactics against us have been our downfall. Moors just sound like bad losers. As mentioned first tackle of the game on Wildig was studs up and very high, ref was very lenient on them. So many times they just fell over and the ref gave them free kicks. Good luck to them in their campaign but i'd imagine a few other teams might pick up on their dislike of tackles!
Don't worry be happy!
Westgate Wanderer

Postby Little Shrimp » Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:31 am

Think I may have found why Solihull fans were so easily wound up by Stockton...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39465034
Little Shrimp

Postby Westgate Wanderer » Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:23 am

Little Shrimp wrote:Think I may have found why Solihull fans were so easily wound up by Stockton...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39465034
Brought back painful memories for them! 5 goals in 2 games against them, can he play you every week? :D
Don't worry be happy!
Westgate Wanderer

Return to General Discussion