Planning Application

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:07 am

Notice near to our fixture board for a new dwelling :o
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Re: Planning Application

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:35 am

marky No.1 wrote:Notice near to our fixture board for a new dwelling :o

I thought something must have been afoot when they kept mowing and cutting the undergrowth on that side in the past couple of months.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:50 am

There's never been a better time to get planning appications through, new builds everywhere. If they build another castle our stadium will be overshadowed, although there was originally going to be a Travelodge/Premier Inn there
marky No.1

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:54 am

marky No.1 wrote:There's never been a better time to get planning appications through, new builds everywhere. If they build another castle our stadium will be overshadowed, although there was originally going to be a Travelodge/Premier Inn there

Unless the house is for a football fan then I can't imagine why anyone would want to build another castle.

As you say , planning applications should be straight forward at present.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:09 am

There's more castles in that postcode than there are in Wales
marky No.1

Postby redrobo » Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:06 pm

I thought that that piece of land had been bought by a former Director so maybe he has either sold it on, has given it back to the club or has decided to develop it himself.
redrobo

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:19 pm

redrobo wrote:I thought that that piece of land had been bought by a former Director so maybe he has either sold it on, has given it back to the club or has decided to develop it himself.

Yes, Graham & Nigel own a company that bought it to bail the Club out at the time
marky No.1

Postby redrobo » Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:48 pm

The Planning Application is made by someone based in Garstang

Application No PP-09117772 but this appears to be either blocked or the system is down at the moment.
redrobo

Postby Phil Anderer » Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:59 pm

redrobo wrote:The Planning Application is made by someone based in Garstang

Application No PP-09117772 but this appears to be either blocked or the system is down at the moment.

Information is there if you want to look. It's the agent who's in Garstang. I believe the applicant is an existing Morecambe resident.
The 3 rules of Fascism:
1. Make stuff up;
2. Scream it loudly;
3. Kill people.
(copyright Eddie Izzard)
Phil Anderer

Postby Shrimp Girl » Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:54 pm

I've lived in Skerton for 25 years. There are traveller families that have lived or stayed here a lot longer than that including my immediate neighbours. The travellers I met when my kids were at school with theirs didn't like being called pikey. They may have used the word among themselves, I don't know, but when a non traveller called them that it was never in a nice way. When you used the term in the earlier post it came across as a ''there goes the neighbourhood" comment. That was what I objected to. Objected to, not 'was offended' by.
Shrimp Girl

Postby Keith » Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:01 pm

Shrimp Girl wrote:I've lived in Skerton for 25 years. There are traveller families that have lived or stayed here a lot longer than that including my immediate neighbours. The travellers I met when my kids were at school with theirs didn't like being called pikey. They may have used the word among themselves, I don't know, but when a non traveller called them that it was never in a nice way. When you used the term in the earlier post it came across as a ''there goes the neighbourhood" comment. That was what I objected to. Objected to, not 'was offended' by.

I've cleaned the rest of this thread, but left this comment as it adequately explains the position. Tyson Fury said the term is offensive, so I'll go with him.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion