FA Cup Round 2 draw

FA Cup Round 2 draw

Postby shrimp in cyprus » Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:30 pm

So, who do we fancy now that we have at least got past our annual stumbling block (i.e. Round 1)? I quite like the thought of either Chorley or Marine. Now that would be a trip down Memory Lane for those of us old enough to remember our days in the Lancashire Combination.

However I will take whatever the draw throws up and hope we can get through to Round 3. Just a bu**er that supporters can't get to watch the games live.
The wine and the football seem better in the sunshine!!
shrimp in cyprus

Re: FA Cup Round 2 draw

Postby Bristol Shrimp » Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:43 pm

Marine at home please. Not disrespecting them at all; it would just would give us a better chance of getting through than Lincoln away.
Vi er røde, vi er hvide, vi står sammen, side om side!
Bristol Shrimp

Postby Phoenix Shrimp 2017 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:27 pm

As above Marine would do, preferably away. Cert for TV and I'm sure we could do them. Also bring back memories of battles past, Chris Buffalo Camden anyone. Oh and numbered gardens to get the many lost balls back LOL.

Failing that anything that gets us on live TV. It's all about the money honey!

UTS.
Phoenix Shrimp 2017

Postby Crazeenick » Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:20 pm

Home v Solihull Moors
Crazeenick

Postby tim-sanchez » Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:20 pm

Solihull Moors at home, not bad at all.

Don't think there's much chance of being on TV sadly, but should be on iFollow?
tim-sanchez

Postby Born again Bill » Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:23 pm

Never have a better chance at getting to round 3 ;)
Born again Bill

Postby Wild Bill » Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:36 pm

Let's hope we get through and get a prem club and some pay per view cash
I am the Thai Shrimp!
Wild Bill

Postby Vinny » Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:50 pm

Jordon Cranston returns :shock:
Bring me sunshine, in your smile.
A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Vinny

Postby Morecambe Jack » Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:52 pm

Good tie for us, with a decent chance of progression. Will still be a tough game.
Morecambe Jack

Postby redrobo » Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:13 pm

All we could have asked for was a home draw....so we got one..... which will be difficult.... plus the return of one Mr Cranston.... :)
redrobo

Postby Little Shrimp » Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:46 am

It's not a disaster draw like Lincoln/Peterborough away, but certainly not an easy one!

They've got some good players in their squad, the likes of Adam Rooney and the recently signed Krystian Pearce who has been an excellent defender at L2 level. Shouldn't be much of a surprise that they beat Scunthorpe, given their bad form and lack of games recently due to COVID.

Think we should still be favourites but it's not going to be a breeze!
Little Shrimp

Postby Keith » Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:16 am

Little Shrimp wrote:Think we should still be favourites but it's not going to be a breeze!

Very much my view. Could be worse, but far from easy. Fingers crossed.

Knowing our luck, we will reach 3rd Round & draw a Premier League club, so we'll play a top flight side twice in the same season and no fans will be there for either game! :roll:
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby glagys » Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:06 am

Well they took a league scalp in the last round
so could interest bbc as the hope that take another league scalp
glagys

Postby Freez » Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:06 pm

Krystian Pearce was the best defender Mansfield had for the past five seasons, so maybe geography played a part or more money, but he is a beast of centre back, but at 30, is a bit old :D.
Explains why the Stags have been a bit crap also.
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby Phoenix Shrimp 2017 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:26 pm

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54850654
Solihulls next 3 games postponed and the whole squad is now in self isolation for two weeks. The FA cup will in theory be their next game. Does this play to their advantage i.e. Players rested, no further players injured. On the negative side they won't be able to train together before the date of the game.
Phoenix Shrimp 2017

Postby Keith » Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:34 pm

Phoenix Shrimp 2017 wrote:https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54850654
Solihulls next 3 games postponed and the whole squad is now in self isolation for two weeks. The FA cup will in theory be their next game. Does this play to their advantage i.e. Players rested, no further players injured. On the negative side they won't be able to train together before the date of the game.

Should be a big advantage for us. Them not playing or training for so long will probably make them a little 'rusty'.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

Keith
Site Admin

Postby redrobo » Sat Nov 14, 2020 12:28 pm

Keith wrote:

Should be a big advantage for us. Them not playing or training for so long will probably make them a little 'rusty'.

Do the FA not give them special dispensation to be able to train....or does that only apply to those teams below elite level who are still in the FA Cup and whose games have been called off as per Government guidelines... :?: :?: :?:
redrobo

Postby glagys » Sat Nov 14, 2020 12:56 pm

I think they will still be training to keep fit but they may not be match sharp
( bit like us some games :D )

Could be an advantage to us as long as we stay injury and COVID free
glagys

Postby Keith » Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:09 am

redrobo wrote:
Keith wrote:

Do the FA not give them special dispensation to be able to train....or does that only apply to those teams below elite level who are still in the FA Cup and whose games have been called off as per Government guidelines... :?: :?: :?:

As I understand it, they can't train together because a player actually tested positive for COVID, therefore the rest of the squad have to isolate because they were in close contact. If the player who was positive, was actually negative but he'd been a close contact of someone positive, then he would have to isolate (as Cole & Alex have) but the rest of the squad could meet up to train and still play.

Keith
Site Admin

Postby shrimp in cyprus » Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:43 pm

Well, who would have thought that my choices for possible opponents in the 2nd round (Chorley or Marine) would both have got through to the 3rd round (Congrats to both).

So, maybe we will get one of them in the 3rd round draw, although I guess that our thoughts are now turning to some bigger names. Time will tell, but providing they are NOT drawn against Morecambe, good luck to both of these non-league teams.
The wine and the football seem better in the sunshine!!
shrimp in cyprus

Return to General Discussion