Morecambe FC Bus!!!

Re: Morecambe FC Bus!!!

Postby thegentlegiant » Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:56 pm

Radio interview over and done with..... :oops:
thegentlegiant

Postby thegentlegiant » Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:07 pm

We will be hosting a Race Night at Ma Murphys to help raise funds.....More details to come soon

We will also be arranging a day at the game to raise extra funds...More info on this also to come soon....Thanks for all your input so far!!
thegentlegiant

Postby Burnley Shrimp » Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:57 pm

I'd gladly donate a tenner to a scheme which has got to be an excellent idea for promoting the club. However I don't know you and you don't know me so maybe a bucket collection at a forthcoming match might be an idea, then folk can contribute as they see fit; or otherwise.
Burnley Shrimp

Postby marky » Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:59 pm

Any idea as to what bus is likely to receive the treatment? I only ask cos you might end up with a knacky old decker that only gets used on a couple of school runs each day ;) Ideally you'd get one of the deckers that are used on the 2/2A.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby Blackburn shrimp » Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:20 pm

Agree with Burnley Shrimp, also not really knowing anyone at the club i would be more than willing to contribute towards the bus. Perhaps a fund raising bucket or something could be kept in the bar at the main stand as i feel a good few quid could be raised by these means and is perhaps an unmined area of revenue towards the cause.
Blackburn shrimp

Postby Mark S » Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:30 pm

Link now in place in the 'Links' section of this board.

For speed http://www.morecambefcbus.btik.com/p_Home.ikml

To have secured £12k of the required £16k is a fantastic achievement. I hope someone sees the fantastic opportunity of the advertising and invests the remaining £4k.

Has PMG's company been contacted?
Mark S

Postby thegentlegiant » Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:56 am

marky wrote:Any idea as to what bus is likely to receive the treatment? I only ask cos you might end up with a knacky old decker that only gets used on a couple of school runs each day ;) Ideally you'd get one of the deckers that are used on the 2/2A.

It would be a 2/2a and possible used sometimes as a 40.
thegentlegiant

Postby thegentlegiant » Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:57 am

Mark S wrote:Link now in place in the 'Links' section of this board.

For speed http://www.morecambefcbus.btik.com/p_Home.ikml

To have secured £12k of the required £16k is a fantastic achievement. I hope someone sees the fantastic opportunity of the advertising and invests the remaining £4k.

Has PMG's company been contacted?

No mate.....would not know how to contact them do you have any details???
thegentlegiant

Postby marky » Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:06 am

thegentlegiant wrote:It would be a 2/2a and possible used sometimes as a 40.

I've no idea how much it cost them, but three or four years ago Newcastle United had a couple of deckers with all over vinyls and they looked pretty good. I would imagine it costs more to advertise in a city. £14K seems like a bloody good deal for 2 years! Have you got a design in mind?
marky

Postby thegentlegiant » Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:10 am

marky wrote:
thegentlegiant wrote:It would be a 2/2a and possible used sometimes as a 40.

I've no idea how much it cost them, but three or four years ago Newcastle United had a couple of deckers with all over vinyls and they looked pretty good. I would imagine it costs more to advertise in a city. £14K seems like a bloody good deal for 2 years! Have you got a design in mind?

aaron has been thinking about the design and idea...thinking we want the captails for the last 20 years or whatever but then bentley holding the wembley cup.

and other ideas but we will wait till we have the full amount of cash before we start really thinking about it.
thegentlegiant

Postby marky » Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:21 am

The design is certainly very important. I could probably find a pic but there's an Arriva bus up here that's got all-over vinyls for Nokia and it's absolutely awful! For such a global company I'm amazed they've come up with something as garish and as off-putting but there you go.
marky

Postby Gnasher » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:32 am

No mate.....would not know how to contact them do you have any details???

I'd try through the club first, if you can't contact him through them then try

Americana International Ltd.
Tanzaro House
Ardwick Green North
Manchester
M12 6FZ (Road Map)
Tel: 0161 2731274
Fax: 0161 2743070

(aka Bench & Hooch)
Legally permitted to use "Gnasher" by DC Thomson's lawyers since 1999.
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Postby thegentlegiant » Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:58 pm

Cheers mate very much appreciated
thegentlegiant

Postby BLS BOY » Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:23 pm

Sam, why don't you have the '74 captain holding the trophy too, plus a photo of say the north stand, some various player photo's in action, of course Bentley at Wembley and maybe some of the great managers we have had: J.H for example?
"the opposition are only as good as you make them"
BLS BOY

Postby thegentlegiant » Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:24 pm

BLS BOY wrote:Sam, why don't you have the '74 captain holding the trophy too, plus a photo of say the north stand, some various player photo's in action, of course Bentley at Wembley and maybe some of the great managers we have had: J.H for example?

Good ideas there mate...thanks for the input!! Will pass all the info onto aaron!
thegentlegiant

Postby Gnasher » Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:54 pm

The Morecambe & Wise bus is good because the characters are rather well known and it's design is fairly simple. I think too many faces on the bus will distract rather than attract. There's also the issue that, quite possibly, the players faces we pick today to go on the bus won't be with us in August. Are managers any more stable than players?

You can't include CP because that will be gone within the lifetime of the bus. You can't include the new ground because it will only be an artists impression.

Crowd shots would be good fillers.

When you're looking for photos, come talk to the 3 of us that do the official piccies. We snap far more than we publish and we might just have what you're after.

Has anything been decided about the artwork?
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Postby thegentlegiant » Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:59 pm

Gnasher wrote:The Morecambe & Wise bus is good because the characters are rather well known and it's design is fairly simple. I think too many faces on the bus will distract rather than attract. There's also the issue that, quite possibly, the players faces we pick today to go on the bus won't be with us in August. Are managers any more stable than players?

You can't include CP because that will be gone within the lifetime of the bus. You can't include the new ground because it will only be an artists impression.

Crowd shots would be good fillers.

When you're looking for photos, come talk to the 3 of us that do the official piccies. We snap far more than we publish and we might just have what you're after.

Has anything been decided about the artwork?

Nothing has been decided yet on this....But i am sure a few of us could get together at some point and look into this!!
thegentlegiant

Postby Gnasher » Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:02 pm

You could charge per supporters face on the bus, if they don't pay then smudge their face so it's not recognisable :lol:
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Postby thegentlegiant » Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:07 pm

Gnasher wrote:You could charge per supporters face on the bus, if they don't pay then smudge their face so it's not recognisable :lol:

:lol: :lol:
thegentlegiant

Postby BLS BOY » Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:50 pm

Maybe a meeting perhaps in the club, could be called and we could get together and brainstorm ideas within a group that could formulate a plan as to what supporters want.

Both yourself, Sam, and Aaron will obviously have to be there as the main "idea - bearers"!!

Perhaps of course, a Stagecoach rep and we could put ideas on paper and work from that?

Just a thought, but its up to you.

Al.
BLS BOY

Postby thegentlegiant » Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:52 pm

BLS BOY wrote:Maybe a meeting perhaps in the club, could be called and we could get together and brainstorm ideas within a group that could formulate a plan as to what supporters want.

Both yourself, Sam, and Aaron will obviously have to be there as the main "idea - bearers"!!

Perhaps of course, a Stagecoach rep and we could put ideas on paper and work from that?

Just a thought, but its up to you.

Al.

Nope great idea mate we will arrange and I will PM you with details!
thegentlegiant

Postby BLS BOY » Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:04 pm

no problem sam, well you know where to find me!!
BLS BOY

Postby Number 1 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:05 pm

My suggestion would be something along the lines of, if you're looking at the side of the bus, over the entrance and on the left, a pic of Jimbo holding the play off cup, a big Morecambe FC in words covering the length, and underneath something like "Support your local club" and on the right hand side a massive club badge. If it's going to be there for 2 years, players and managers can come and go, but we will always have the Wembley moment, the badge, and the name of the club. Add a slogan and it's timeless.

And talking of supporters, how about getting a photo of supporters in the North Stand, BUT having a specially arranged photo of them and charge each supporter a donation so that everyone who's on the photo will have donated. That way you can also include those who normally reside at different parts of the ground, but on this special occasion, they're all together. There must be a couple of hundred who would chip in a fiver say, so that's another grand.
Number 1

Postby 4G63 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:48 pm

Some good work has been going on here it seems.

Will the bus be a full wrap? Or still be in the Stagecoach colours with just a few big banners on etc

Do you have a designer on board, who can put your ideas down on paper?
4G63

Radio Interview

Postby thegentlegiant » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:40 pm

Radio Interview did not go as well as I wanted but it gets the details across.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkVkvq_W1_Q
thegentlegiant

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion