Morecambe FC Bus!!!

Morecambe FC Bus!!!

Postby thegentlegiant » Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:30 pm

Hi all,

Need your opinions on our next step as you can see from my previous post we are nearly at our goal.

I have been thinking on ways to make that last bit of cash and this is what we have come up with!!!!! Charge £5 for people to have there name on the bus at the back.

Stating………
Supported and sponsored by.....then peoples names,

We would need 800 fans paying £5 to reach our last target. This would then be getting the fans involved with the project also!!!

What are your thoughts????

Cheers

Sam
thegentlegiant

Re: Morecambe FC Bus!!!

Postby North Stand Shrimp » Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:50 pm

Great idea...

Make it £7 each with £2 going to charity (Leonard Cheshire) and I'd have my fundraising total too! :D :lol:
North Stand Shrimp

Postby wonder shrimp » Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:51 pm

i think that that would be a big ask with only twice that number (if that!) regularly going to matches!)

plus 800 names would have to be written very in a very small typeface, how close would you have to get to the bus to see anything!

a better idea might be some sort of raffle or something, perhaps for local businesses. whilst they might baulk at paying 4k for a spot you might get quite a few takers at 50 or a 100 quid for a chance at would would be a pretty tasty bit of marketing real estate!
wonder shrimp

Postby shrimper » Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:58 pm

Whatever you do in that regard, check the cost of doing the sign-writing very thoroughly. The amount you get needs to cover that and leave you with the required money after deductions.

(Sorry to sound patronising if you've been into all that but I know of one venture where the cost of actually putting the names on swallowed up what they'd raised.)
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby Gnasher » Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:05 pm

You aren't going to get 800 people, I doubt you'd get 400 with £10 each. How about mapping out the area you have available, work out a base price per unit and sell it online. If a company wanted a large area, they buy x units to make up that area and fill it with their own logo or whatever. Like http://www.milliondollarhomepage.com/ Of course this is different to just printing 800 names in black so shrimper's comments apply even more.

If you're nearly at your goal and £4K short, dare I ask how much the total cost is?

Yours sincerely,

Mr. I'm going to pull out whether you let me or not :lol:
Legally permitted to use "Gnasher" by DC Thomson's lawyers since 1999.
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Postby North Stand Shrimp » Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:42 pm

£5 is equivilent to 2 pints.

It just goes to show the real apathy in this town towards anyone trying to do something good.

people are quick enough to sign a petition and give their support but as soon they are asked if they can spare £5 they would rather piss it up the wall on a saturday night then having their club promenantly advertised throughout the region.

I'll quite hapilly give you my fiver towards the costs next time I see you - and I'm not bothered about my name on the bus, I'll do it because I signed your petition and I think £5 is nothing to ask considering I'll spend that in the bar after a match at christie!

now, the rest of you who took time to sign the petition... can you go with 2 pints less than usual this week and make a contribution?
North Stand Shrimp

Postby campdave » Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:43 pm

North Stand Shrimp wrote:£5 is equivilent to 2 pints.

It just goes to show the real apathy in this town towards anyone trying to do something good.

people are quick enough to sign a petition and give their support but as soon they are asked if they can spare £5 they would rather piss it up the wall on a saturday night then having their club promenantly advertised throughout the region.

I'll quite hapilly give you my fiver towards the costs next time I see you - and I'm not bothered about my name on the bus, I'll do it because I signed your petition and I think £5 is nothing to ask considering I'll spend that in the bar after a match at christie!

now, the rest of you who took time to sign the petition... can you go with 2 pints less than usual this week and make a contribution?

I don't recall anything about being asked for a contribution when signing the petition. Maybe my memory isn't what it used to be.
campdave

Postby North Stand Shrimp » Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:49 pm

campdave wrote:
North Stand Shrimp wrote:£5 is equivilent to 2 pints.

I don't recall anything about being asked for a contribution when signing the petition. Maybe my memory isn't what it used to be.

I don't see anywhere in my post anything about asking for a contribution at the time of signing the petition?

I'm simply saying that now a contribution is needed are the people who did sign it going to step forward and contribute or was their signature the extent of their support?
North Stand Shrimp

Postby Gnasher » Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:53 pm

Yes, it does. When we're talking about not getting 800 or even 400 to contribute, I think you can safely assume that doesn't include "regulars" on the forum. You can probably rely on 50-100 SV users to contribute, the question is how to get the rest.
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Postby campdave » Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:57 pm

North Stand Shrimp wrote:
I'm simply saying that now a contribution is needed are the people who did sign it going to step forward and contribute or was their signature the extent of their support?

If the people who signed the petition were made aware of the fact that a contribution might be needed in the future, you'd have got less people signing.

It's one thing going about apathy in the area, but IMO, it's out of order to deride the people who signed the petition for not being willing to contribute now when nothing of the sort was mentioned at the time.

I'd have contributed, but you can stick it were the sun don't shine after your superior attitude on this thread.
campdave

Postby Keith » Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:06 pm

...and breath!

Okay folks, relax before people start falling out...

I would like to know more details regarding this. What is the total cost and how long will it be dressed up as a Morecambe FC bus? Raising another £4k for something that will advertise the club for the next two years is one thing, £4k for the next six months is totally different!
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby North Stand Shrimp » Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:09 pm

campdave wrote:
North Stand Shrimp wrote:

If the people who signed the petition were made aware of the fact that a contribution might be needed in the future, you'd have got less people signing.

It's one thing going about apathy in the area, but IMO, it's out of order to deride the people who signed the petition for not being willing to contribute now when nothing of the sort was mentioned at the time.

I'd have contributed, but you can stick it were the sun don't shine after your superior attitude on this thread.

I admit I was probably a little quick to jump down peoples throats.

I apologise.

Can I just add though that I am not directly invovled with Sam's quest in getting the Morecambe Fc Bus so please don't let me be the excuse for not contributing. Also please don't forget that however superior I may have come across in this thread, it's only because of how passionate I feel about it.
Last edited by North Stand Shrimp on Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
North Stand Shrimp

Postby The Red Knight » Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:14 pm

Keith wrote:I would like to know more details regarding this. What is the total cost and how long will it be dressed up as a Morecambe FC bus? Raising another £4k for something that will advertise the club for the next two years is one thing, £4k for the next six months is totally different!

Likewise. What are you trying to achieve with this bus?

Whilst I have no doubt that the end product will look nice what's the actual purpose of it?

If the supporters raised £4k I'd much rather we donated it to the club to do with as they pleased rather than paint a bus with it.
The Red Knight

Postby North Stand Shrimp » Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:24 pm

On the web site that has been set up to follow the progress of getting the bus - http://www.morecambefcbus.btik.com/news/24551143847.ikml - it is mentioned that a main sponsor is needed and that the advertising rights will be for 2 years.
So I guess the bus will be around for at least that period.

If a space on the back can be left to advertise upcomming home games it would be a great way of increasing awareness and hopefully upping gates. If it only encourages 10 extra fans at each home game over the two years, thats about £6000 in extra revenue for the club!
North Stand Shrimp

Postby thegentlegiant » Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:15 pm

Well well....

First of all you are correct in saying that we never asked nor did we mention money being handed over during the petition nor did we think we would get to this stage we are trying to raise the last part of the costs for the bus as above. The bus will be livered for 2 years that's 2 years of coverage for a sponsor the idea is to show the people in the town and the surrounding area's

No.1 what we have achieved
No.2 gives the people of Morecambe (and surrounding areas) more awareness that the club is there.

There are many good points to this I really believe in this project and believe it shows not only how well we have done in the local area but it also shows what we want to achieve and that is long term success we want to achieve.

The full cost is in the region on 16k so as you can see that we have come so far in such a little time and all we want now is to get this bus out there and get more awareness. The plan is to get the bus ready by the opening home game of next session (our last at Christie Park) and have it around for the 1st season at our new ground...With the view of keeping it longer!!!!

I hope this covers some points!!!
thegentlegiant

Postby Gnasher » Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:41 pm

Some simple maths, 16K total, 4K left to find. Does that mean a main sponsor has come up with 12K? If yes, how much of the bus has been given to the main sponsor and how much will be dedicated to MFC? Can we be told who the 12K has come from?
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Postby thegentlegiant » Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:47 pm

Gnasher wrote:Some simple maths, 16K total, 4K left to find. Does that mean a main sponsor has come up with 12K? If yes, how much of the bus has been given to the main sponsor and how much will be dedicated to MFC? Can we be told who the 12K has come from?

The 12k has been taken care of and they require no advertising space on the bus, unfortunately we cannot discuss this at present. So who ever is the main sponsor they would get the advertising slot at the back of the bus which usually costs 3k for 6 months so this really is a great thing for any business to take up.
thegentlegiant

Postby Christies Child » Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:58 pm

A lot of very creditable effort has been put into this by a small number and I would like to thank them publically.

As for the £12K, if whoever has donated it wishes to remain in the shadows so be it.

If it's now going to cost £4K to sponsor the bus for up to 2 years then that's an incredible deal.

Well done to the organisers.

:D :D :D
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Gnasher » Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:59 pm

All sounds good news, just the 4K left to find.

So who ever is the main sponsor they would get the advertising slot at the back of the bus which usually costs 3k for 6 months so this really is a great thing for any business to take up.

Just to clarify, would the 800 people paying their £5 each be the "main sponsor" or are they in addition to a main sponsor to go on the back of the bus?
Last edited by Gnasher on Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Postby thegentlegiant » Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:00 pm

Christies Child wrote:A lot of very creditable effort has been put into this by a small number and I would like to thank them publically.

As for the £12K, if whoever has donated it wishes to remain in the shadows so be it.

If it's now going to cost £4K to sponsor the bus for up to 2 years then that's an incredible deal.

Well done to the organisers.

:D :D :D

Cheers Christie....with only 2 of us working on it...Myself and Aaron Matthews

:D
thegentlegiant

Postby mfcbro » Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:28 am

Well done to all concerned,i will chuck in a tenner,would be great to have it ready for new ground.I will let you have a tenner on saturday at chester game.How about a bucket collection?
mfcbro

Postby thegentlegiant » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:06 am

Thanks for all your idea's so far, I do like the idea of a raffle for the local businesses.
thegentlegiant

Postby azz01m » Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:48 pm

Hi Guys,

Just to let you all know,Sam is doing a phone interview with Gilly on BBC radio Lancashire at 3.20pm today,so tune in for more info and obviously to cheer Sam on.
Thanks again for all your ideas folks.

Aaron.
azz01m

Postby thegentlegiant » Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:04 pm

azz01m wrote:Hi Guys,

Just to let you all know,Sam is doing a phone interview with Gilly on BBC radio Lancashire at 3.20pm today,so tune in for more info and obviously to cheer Sam on.
Thanks again for all your ideas folks.

Aaron.

Can't believe you...so much pressure I have never done an interview on the radio before so will most likely mess it up!!!!
thegentlegiant

Postby azz01m » Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:11 pm

You will be fine.Just keep thinking about why we are doing it and the words will just flow.
azz01m

Next

Return to General Discussion