Stevenage

Stevenage

Postby Wild Bill » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:35 pm

Nice to hear Stevenage are supporting vulnerable people in their community and getting a good bit of positive PR and media because of it. It would be good if we could do something also? Free pies to hospital, elderly or etc? Maybe even get fans to volunteer?
I am the Thai Shrimp!
Wild Bill

Re: Stevenage

Postby AppleShrimp » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:20 am

Good morning. Charlie Appleyard here. Just to let you all know that we are currently putting together a plan of action to help the community in these challenging times. We will make an announcement shortly. Keep safe everyone.
AppleShrimp

Postby Crazeenick » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:58 am

That's great news!
Crazeenick

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:40 am

AppleShrimp wrote:Good morning. Charlie Appleyard here. Just to let you all know that we are currently putting together a plan of action to help the community in these challenging times. We will make an announcement shortly. Keep safe everyone.

That's great to hear.

I was thinking of something along the lines of 6 complimentary tickets for any Shrimps match for all NHS staff in Morecambe and Lancaster & District. Maybe even season tickets for them for the 2020/2021 season as it would be a great gesture to these hard working people and probably little cost if they are "new" fans.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby Brian S » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:21 am

Let me know if it goes ahead and you need any help getting in touch with the right people at the RLI, I work there.
Brian S

Postby AppleShrimp » Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:34 pm

Like it. If you have any ideas for me, feel free to post here or email me at charlie@annapurnarecruitment.com
AppleShrimp

Postby Brian S » Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:11 pm

Gone_Shrimping wrote:
AppleShrimp wrote:Good morning. Charlie Appleyard here. Just to let you all know that we are currently putting together a plan of action to help the community in these challenging times. We will make an announcement shortly. Keep safe everyone.

That's great to hear.

I was thinking of something along the lines of 6 complimentary tickets for any Shrimps match for all NHS staff in Morecambe and Lancaster & District. Maybe even season tickets for them for the 2020/2021 season as it would be a great gesture to these hard working people and probably little cost if they are "new" fans.

It would be easier to handle and only need marketing activities if you designated certain matches as free-for-NHS and they got in with their photo-ID badges.
Brian S

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:23 pm

Brian S wrote:
Gone_Shrimping wrote:

That's great to hear.

It would be easier to handle and only need marketing activities if you designated certain matches as free-for-NHS and they got in with their photo-ID badges.

Yes , agreed. We could have several "NHS matches" and this would be great publicity as well as rewarding them for their efforts in this crisis. I was going to say they would have to show their NHS ID at the ticket office when they exchange the vouchers for match tickets.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby Brian S » Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:49 pm

Could you get in touch with Barrow and Kendal Town to do a coordinated marketing exercise? The RLI is part of the Bay Trust which includes Westmorland and Furness hospitals and it would be really good to see all working together.
Brian S

Postby Keith » Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:23 pm

Gone_Shrimping wrote:I was thinking of something along the lines of 6 complimentary tickets for any Shrimps match for all NHS staff in Morecambe and Lancaster & District...

While the NHS quite reasonably gets mentioned the most, but also other Health & Social Care workers. There are many incredible people going over & above the call of duty. For example, here on the Isle of Man, the nursing home where I used to work, the staff have chosen to work two weeks on/two weeks off and are living in the home when off duty, to ensure the people living in the home are entirely isolated. In the Morecambe district there will be people doing similar, while working in nursing homes or for charities and they need thanking equally.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Brian S » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:29 pm

Couldn't agree more Keith. Anyone caring for anyone deserves praise, especially in these times. Someone close has recently come out of hospital and they have carers during the day and district nurse once. They are all risking their own health doing their daily work.

While a lot of people are home wondering how soon their 80% salary will land, others are selflessly putting themselves on the front line. In fact anyone that is working not at home deserves an applause. From the trolley collectors to theatre staff. I can't praise them enough for what they are risking.
Brian S

Postby Wild Bill » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:55 am

Hi Charlie. It's great you have some things planned. I'd be happy to help in some way :)

In terms of a few ideas:

- Pie delivery service to hospital staff, care homes, key workers and vulnerable people. I think fans would also be willing to pay for pies to be delivered too right now!

- When things finally start to return to normal, perhaps an key worker's match. Free entry to all with their ID and encourage fans to buy them a a drink, food or something from the shop as a way of saying thanks?

- Personal video messages. Fans can request a short video message from their favourite player to be sent to be sent to a friend or relative. Could be just a bit of fun, a treat for a young fan or something really nice for someone who's feeling a bit isolated

- Vintage matches. Maybe get some season highlights, classic old matches, old video combos to have on Shrimp's Player. Might bring in a few quid and stop fans getting too bored? Maybe even a daily release of 'on this day 10 years ago...' and show the match?
I am the Thai Shrimp!
Wild Bill

Postby redrobo » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:51 pm

Totally agree that we should do something to acknowledge the work of all those who have done their best to protect the lives of the many.

However as the majority of health workers are women i don't think attending a match would be he ideal way to say than you.

Maybe some kind of entertainment one evening in the Local Choice Suite with free admission and a 50% reduction on alcohol prices would be more appropriate. Any money raised could then go towards a local charity.

Just a thought....

:?: :?: :?:
redrobo

Postby AppleShrimp » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:55 pm

Thanks for the ideas guys. We’ve got these and a few others to adapt. Bear with us and we will get cracking asap. Caveat being it’s not easy implementing when in a lockdown with skeleton crew :D.

Will keep you posted. C
AppleShrimp

Postby mrpotatohead » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:28 pm

It is worth mentioning that the club are actually broke at the moment, and are borrowing money to stay afloat.
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby Wild Bill » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:52 pm

mrpotatohead wrote:It is worth mentioning that the club are actually broke at the moment, and are borrowing money to stay afloat.

Yup. Hence the reason I suggested a few revenue streams to bring in some cash. I am sure most fans that have managed to keep their wage during this period would be happy to throw a few quid towards the club in return for something.

The NHS/key worker/community work is something separate really, however the good will in the community could generate more support from the locals in the future.
I am the Thai Shrimp!
Wild Bill

Return to General Discussion