Grimsby 2 Morecambe 1 [Phillips] LIVE iFollow thread

Re: Grimsby 2 Morecambe 1 [Phillips] LIVE iFollow thread

Postby broadwayshrimp » Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:58 pm

In a nutshell would you rather be in our position or Stevenage's. No brainer for me.
broadwayshrimp

Postby mrpotatohead » Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:00 pm

I dont know about other social media but I dont think anyone on here has been saying we are doomed , it's a very difficult division to get out of this season and it still possible that the only teams that leave the EFL will be kicked out rather than relegated.
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby Redalert1970 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:55 pm

Is it not too late in the season to kick teams out of the league

Macclesfield are in court next few weeks for the 10th time.. Surely that has to be cleared up soon

Apparently the owner of Macclesfield has a lawyer called Mr Crook (you couldn't make it up)
Redalert1970

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:07 pm

Redalert1970 wrote:Is it not too late in the season to kick teams out of the league

Macclesfield are in court next few weeks for the 10th time.. Surely that has to be cleared up soon

Apparently the owner of Macclesfield has a lawyer called Mr Crook (you couldn't make it up)

When do Macc find out if they will have a further points deduction. Could do with it being about 10 points then we can get the cigars out :lol: :lol: :lol:
Gone_Shrimping

Postby Redalert1970 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:11 pm

They have appealed to get there 6 point deduction back so don't count any cigars yet lol
Redalert1970

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:27 pm

Redalert1970 wrote:They have appealed to get there 6 point deduction back so don't count any cigars yet lol

They pleaded guilty to the charge so very unlikely to be reversed after it has been in the record books for so long now.

Graham Westley wants rules to be obeyed as it says in the ABBA song.

Macc play Plymouth on Tuesday evening in the game that they couldn't stage due to their safety certificate problems. Could do with The Green Army running a few goals in.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby MfcChris » Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:31 pm

Freez wrote:True, some just don’t want to see we are playing better, home form much improved too.

Improved is an understatement. Things are so much better now and it still amazes me we managed to get someone like Derek Adams. The last few seasons even though we have rarely been at the bottom, I have always thought we may go down. This season we are actually at the bottom a lot of the season, I am sure we are staying up!!
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby Slanester » Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:40 am

Holloway......” You can see what Derek’s done for them......”
I haven’t heard a single person say otherwise. Not sure who is “banging on.”
Slanester

Postby HALMA 1983 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:15 pm

Slanester wrote:Holloway......” You can see what Derek’s done for them......”
I haven’t heard a single person say otherwise. Not sure who is “banging on.”

High praise indeed and Derek comes across really well on Radio Lancs,
Ollie's right, of course, playing some really good stuff with confidence and composure,
No one has said any different, Have they? :?
HALMA 1983

Postby parceldave » Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:52 pm

Freez wrote:I agree Keith, Kev is better and has done more this season than Slew. We could be two points better off as he would have buried that chance against Mansfield last week I’d wager.
Carlos did well today when he came on, Brewitt had a good game defensively too.
Can’t keep missing chances and giving daft goals away though if we want to progress.

I couldn't believe how defensive we went in the second half and how much freedom we gave the two wingers who were causing us the problems and didn't do anything about it .
First half we were going for it and played some good football in the build up but again the finishing let us down , we didn't see the ball where we were stood in the second half until the last five minutes .
Word must have been passed round that we were allowed to go beyond the halfway line .
Something we should take note of from Grimsby , those wingers that were causing us the problems especially in the second half held their position and didn't drift infield like our wide men do .
parceldave

Postby Freez » Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:20 pm

I didn’t think we went defensive Dave, I thought they dominated from about 20 minutes onwards, but we had the benefit of the wind in the first half so looked dangerous on the break.
They used the wind pretty well second half, and we struggled to get out of our half because of it.
We did only have Cole and OSullivan as out and out forwards until the final ten minutes, we then put, Carlos, AJ and Jordan Slew on and that’s the reason we looked a bit better going forward for me.
To be fair, we did have one attack when Phillips got to the byline and pulled it across and Wildig was a whisker away but that was it in the second half when it was 0-0.
I still say if we don’t make a mistake, they don’t score.
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:30 pm

The anti Jim brigade are under the mistaken impression that fans that were loyal to our ,then, manager, will be in some way opposed to the new one, which of course is nonsense.

They are judging others by their own standards.
mrpotatohead

Postby BerlinWaller » Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:38 pm

mrpotatohead wrote:The anti Jim brigade are under the mistaken impression that fans that were loyal to our ,then, manager, will be in some way opposed to the new one, which of course is nonsense.

Underwhelmed
BerlinWaller

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:40 pm

Paranoid more like :lol:
mrpotatohead

Postby Andy D » Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:03 pm

mrpotatohead wrote:The anti Jim brigade are under the mistaken impression that fans that were loyal to our ,then, manager, will be in some way opposed to the new one, which of course is nonsense.

Give over!

you predicted any new manager wouldn’t do any better, constantly coming out with comparisons like Lewis Hamilton being given shit cars to drive.

your just trying to wriggle out of it ;)
Andy D

Postby Keith » Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:14 pm

Andy D wrote:

Give over!

you predicted any new manager wouldn’t do any better, constantly coming out with comparisons like Lewis Hamilton being given shit cars to drive.

your just trying to wriggle out of it ;)

Derek has signed six new players! If he was left with the same players, I don't think we'd have seen a great deal of difference.

I agree that Derek is a far better manager than I thought we'd attract though, I will admit that I was wrong in that regard. And obviously, we want to see him be successful.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby HALMA 1983 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:28 pm

It doesn't matter who manages Morecambe, as long as they're successful and that should be the end of it.
HALMA 1983

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:40 pm

Wiggle out of what???

Derek is going to keep us up in a division where 1 and possibly none of the teams will go down, that's great, but it's not exactly Cloughie winning the European cup is it?

We are doing ok but come on, our 4 wins have been against very poor teams , and every time we have faced anyone decent we have been dished,theres a long way to go.
mrpotatohead

Postby parceldave » Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:50 pm

[quote="Freez"]I didn’t think we went defensive Dave, I thought they dominated from about 20 minutes onwards, but we had the benefit of the wind in the first half so looked dangerous on the break.
They used the wind pretty well second half, and we struggled to get out of our half because of it.
We did only have Cole and OSullivan as out and out forwards until the final ten minutes, we then put, Carlos, AJ and Jordan Slew on and that’s the reason we looked a bit better going forward for me.
To be fair, we did have one attack when Phillips got to the byline and pulled it across and Wildig was a whisker away but that was it in the second half when it was 0-0.
I still say if we don’t make a mistake, they don’t score.[/quote

I think if we had a goal poacher up front we would have been 2 up in first 15 mins , brilliant build up play just squandered . Second half i just thought we were too narrow and they used the two wide men very effectively . Things changed a bit when Carlos and AJ came on but a bit too late after Kettle gifted them a free kick for a perfectly good tackle . Twat
parceldave

Postby Slanester » Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:43 am

parceldave wrote:
I think if we had a goal poacher up front we would have been 2 up in first 15 mins , brilliant build up play just squandered .

Squandered might be a bit harsh Dave :D but that sums up virtually all of our games. If we can turn the tide, with the lads we have, then the points will rack up quickly.
Slanester

Postby black morse » Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:16 am

Slanester wrote:
parceldave wrote:
I think if we had a goal poacher up front we would have been 2 up in first 15 mins , brilliant build up play just squandered .

Squandered might be a bit harsh Dave :D but that sums up virtually all of our games. If we can turn the tide, with the lads we have, then the points will rack up quickly.

The trouble is that none of our forwards are scoring goals and they don't really have a history as proven strikers. So it's not just a case of waiting for one of them to find goal scoring form......they've never been in that category. Oh for an Aaron Collins!
black morse

Postby Slanester » Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:34 am

black morse wrote:
Slanester wrote:
parceldave wrote:

The trouble is that none of our forwards are scoring goals and they don't really have a history as proven strikers. So it's not just a case of waiting for one of them to find goal scoring form......they've never been in that category. Oh for an Aaron Collins!

You are right bm, and I agree, that’s why the “if.” Never say never, as a Shrimps fan, got to dream a bit. :D
Slanester

Postby HALMA 1983 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:20 am

black morse wrote:The trouble is that none of our forwards are scoring goals and they don't really have a history as proven strikers. So it's not just a case of waiting for one of them to find goalscoring form......they've never been in that category. Oh for an Aaron Collins!

This is what I find surprising, given, that Derek has identified the shortcomings of the squad he 'inherited'
The signing he most needed hasn't been made but who's to say he won't bring in a 20 goal a season man very soon?
HALMA 1983

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:31 am

HALMA 1983 wrote:
black morse wrote:The trouble is that none of our forwards are scoring goals and they don't really have a history as proven strikers. So it's not just a case of waiting for one of them to find goalscoring form......they've never been in that category. Oh for an Aaron Collins!

This is what I find surprising, given, that Derek has identified the shortcomings of the squad he 'inherited'
The signing he most needed hasn't been made but who's to say he won't bring in a 20 goal a season man very soon?

To play this season it would have to be a free agent.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby black morse » Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:42 am

HALMA 1983 wrote:

The signing he most needed hasn't been made
but who's to say he won't bring in a 20 goal a season man very soon?

He may have tried but failed!
black morse

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion