O/T Man City in League 2 next season?

O/T Man City in League 2 next season?

Postby New_Ground_Watcher » Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:33 am

According to the Star it may happen.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/footb ... n-21500707
Last edited by New_Ground_Watcher on Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
New_Ground_Watcher

Re: Man City in league 2 next season?

Postby black morse » Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:40 am

And it may not :roll:
black morse

Postby Andy D » Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:58 am

did Luton Town not get dropped into L2 with a 30 point deduction for far far less from the Championship?
Andy D

Postby black morse » Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:23 am

Andy D wrote:did Luton Town not get dropped into L2 with a 30 point deduction for far far less from the Championship?

Mmm! Luton were no where near as big a club as Man City and were already in dire trouble. However if they had not been demoted the club that would have dropped was.......Man City :shock:
black morse

Re: O/T Man City in League 2 next season?

Postby RedRedWine » Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:54 am

Andy D wrote:did Luton Town not get dropped into L2 with a 30 point deduction for far far less from the Championship?

Luton Town weren't directly relegated from the Championship to League Two, although they did suffer succesive relegations to the conference:

2006/07 Championship (relegated)
2007/08 League One (relegated, 10 points deducted)
2008/09 League Two (relegated, 2
30 points deducted)

In terms of precedence, I can only really think of Boston United in my lifetime who have been demoted multiple divisions in the English league structure due to breaching financial regulations (even then I think the punishment was premeditated by the conference). We're still waiting to see what ultimately happens with Bury, but usually when clubs go bust they reform much lower down the pyramid, but that's different to this scenario being proposed with Man City - which won't happen IMO.

I don't really follow Man City or care them, but I care less for the establishment of 'big' clubs who IMO don't like the fact that Man City now have more financial clout than they do.
Hello! Hello! We are the Morecambe boys!
RedRedWine

Postby BerlinWaller » Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:59 am

Sky Sports read out a statement from the President of La Liga which basically said it was about time teams like Citeh and PSG were brought to justice. How he has the cheek to say that when Real Madrid are in his league is beyond me. Citeh will win an appeal because money talks.

Imagine if UEFA or The FA had the same back bone as the RFU.
BerlinWaller

Postby MFC-Manc » Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:33 pm

City will appeal and probably get a suspended fine at the most.... if the ban happens though a lot of other clubs will end up getting banned to
I'm getting by just the best I can, While you're directing traffic
MFC-Manc

Return to General Discussion