Stevenage / Graham Westley

Stevenage / Graham Westley

Postby Redalert1970 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:34 am

Graham Westley has only taken 6 points from 39 points while back in charge

If that remains the same for the last 13 games they would finish on 28 points

Only stats but just proves how big the job is at Broadhall Way

If we can get to minimum 40 points we should find ourselves pretty safe - what does everyone else think regarding the point situation !!!!
Redalert1970

Re: Stevenage / Graham Westley

Postby P/T Indie » Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:22 am

If only we had beaten Mansfield we would be level with them and in touching distance kf carlisle

I think we are safe but just when i think we are looking to move up the table we loose the next game and get sucked back in.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby HALMA 1983 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:43 am

If Stevenage are half as bad as Macclesfield were last night, there isn't a chance in hell of being caught, even now.
HALMA 1983

Postby Phoenix Shrimp 2017 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:11 am

Stevenage are one of those teams that you sort of think will click into gear any time soon and string a few wins together. However the longer the bad run goes on the pressure must be ramping up on them as the clock ticks down and it will become harder and harder. A bit like Notts County last season.
Phoenix Shrimp 2017

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:17 am

P/T Indie wrote:If only we had beaten Mansfield we would be level with them and in touching distance kf carlisle

I think we are safe but just when i think we are looking to move up the table we loose the next game and get sucked back in.

If we had beaten Mansfield we would actually be 1 point above them now. If we had also beaten Colchester which we should we would be level with Carlisle.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby shrimperteer » Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:31 am

P/T Indie wrote:If only we had beaten Mansfield we would be level with them and in touching distance kf carlisle

If only we had beaten every other team we’d be top of the league. We’re going to loose or lose the odd game but I reckon it’s starting to come together.
shrimperteer

Postby HALMA 1983 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:06 pm

shrimperteer wrote:

If only we had beaten every other team we’d be top of the league. We’re going to loose or lose the odd game but I reckon it’s starting to come together.

3 tough games coming up but I don't see any change at the bottom, safety is virtually guaranteed and job done.
HALMA 1983

Postby Keith » Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:25 pm

HALMA 1983 wrote:safety is virtually guaranteed and job done.

Doubt if Derek will see it like that and anyone thinking of the beach too soon will be in trouble! :lol:
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby ianmcm » Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:11 pm

Absolute safety seems to have been between 35 and 47 points in the last 5 years, but the former is an outlier.

Anything that would leave another team needing to average one point more per game over the last 13 would surely be enough but with Westley doing everything in his ungodly power to make relegation a reality in Hertfordshire, maybe fewer will do.

Anyway, I reckon...42.

Morecambe are up to 8th. in the form table (over five games) and momentum might well be worth four more wins.
ianmcm

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:31 pm

ianmcm wrote:Absolute safety seems to have been between 35 and 47 points in the last 5 years, but the former is an outlier.

Anything that would leave another team needing to average one point more per game over the last 13 would surely be enough but with Westley doing everything in his ungodly power to make relegation a reality in Hertfordshire, maybe fewer will do.

Anyway, I reckon...42.

Morecambe are up to 8th. in the form table (over five games) and momentum might well be worth four more wins.

I think if we can get 15 points , equal to 5 wins , 4 wins and 3 draws etc. that would be enough with 45.

The cheats would need 23 points from 13 games , almost automatic form , not very likely.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby RedRedWine » Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:47 pm

The way we have been playing recently, we should be looking up not down and will be safe long before the season closes. It is good to have a gap to Stevenage, but I genuinely believe there will be a few more finishing below the mighty Shrimps when he season is done.

If we can beat Stevenage on 21st March at home this will confirm our status for next season IMO.
Hello! Hello! We are the Morecambe boys!
RedRedWine

Postby BerlinWaller » Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:57 pm

Westley is 25/1 for the Blackpool job! Rubbish, out of his depth Derek Adams is not on the list. Who would want him? Rubbish!
BerlinWaller

Postby RapidShrimp » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:03 pm

Redalert1970 wrote:Graham Westley has only taken 6 points from 39 points while back in charge

If that remains the same for the last 13 games they would finish on 28 points

Only stats but just proves how big the job is at Broadhall Way

If we can get to minimum 40 points we should find ourselves pretty safe - what does everyone else think regarding the point situation !!!!

Completely agree with this, I reckon 40 pts would see us get 22nd.

Just looking at a few stats if you take ‘form’ as a minimum of 5 games, Stevenage’s best ‘run of form’ all season has been WDLWD in October (i.e. 8 points from 5 games - THE SAME as our ‘current form’) and even during that string of games, they only scored 4. If Stevenage go on a run until the end of the season as good as that run, they’ll finish on circa 42 points.

But if we continue to pick up the same rate of points for the remaining 13 games as we have done so far under DA (i.e. with no improvement in performances) we’ll still finish ahead of them on 44 points.

So surely we’re safe as safe can be! :D

:? :? :?
RapidShrimp

Postby marky No.1 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:16 pm

Leeds had an 11 point gap to 3rd about 7 games ago, it is now just 1 point and Fulham have a game in hand!
Fortunes can change, but we have turned a corner
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Keith » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:38 pm

We're looking better and confidence breeds confidence. The players at the end looked delighted. Of the clubs in the relegation scrap, I think we're the ones who have the positive momentum and I think we'll be well clear. Beating Stevenage will be a massive boost. If we can do that, we will be a long way towards safety.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby redrobo » Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:18 pm

Let's not get carried away with our results to date. Things can change very very quickly and a couple of successive defeats could see us back in the scrap for survival.

Celebrate when it is mathematically certain that we have retained our EFL status.

However an extra pint bought at the next home game would be most acceptable..... :lol: :lol: :lol:
redrobo

Postby Ntini » Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:53 pm

I'm sure the team/management are taking nothing for granted and doing all they can to improve form and results, and it's clearly working so far!

For me, the win on Tuesday night sealed the deal. We went 8pts clear of Stevenage, and then put Macclesfield between us as a buffer. That now means there's more permutations to see us in trouble (not to mention any further points deductions in L2), and I just don't see it happening. I wouldn't be surprised if there weren't a few reshuffles from Oldham down to Macc, but I just can't see Stevenage getting out of it.

Last 13 games:
    19 Oldham W4 D3 L6 15pts
    20 Carlisle W3 D5 L4 14pts
    21 Mansfield W2 D5 L6 11pts
    22 Shrimps W4 D3 L6 15pts
    23 Macclesfield W2 D5 L6 11pts
    24 Stevenage W1 D3 L9 6pts
HOWAY THE SHRIMPS!!!!!

On topic(ish) and proud!
Ntini

Postby HALMA 1983 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:00 pm