Morecambe 2 [Diagouraga, Wildig] Macclesfield 0 iFollow

Re: Live IFollow thread v Macc in WindyTown

Postby tim-sanchez » Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:02 pm

Macclesfield wasting chances but it's been a worrying first 10 minutes. It was always going to be tough this half but the back 4 look shaky.
tim-sanchez

Postby tim-sanchez » Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:04 pm

Bradford have taken the lead! 8 points clear as things stand
tim-sanchez

Postby paschahound » Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:31 pm

This is an absolutely brilliant second half. We've shown great composure and intelligence. A very absorbing match and no need for our secret weapon star striker on the bench either.
paschahound

Postby tim-sanchez » Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:38 pm

I was worried the first 15 minutes of the first half, but we've been brilliant for the next 30. A very well-deserved win in a 6-pointer.
tim-sanchez

Postby dannymorc1 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:41 pm

Brilliant result. Well done lads. Onward and upward.
dannymorc1

Postby Vinny » Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:57 pm

Crucial win tonight. Well done DA and the team! Onward and upward!
Bring me sunshine, in your smile.
A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Vinny

Postby paulshrimp » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:00 pm

Last 5 games. Shrimps 2 wins, 2 draws. Stevenage 5 defeats
paulshrimp

Postby BerlinWaller » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:04 pm

Massive win! 8pts away from the bottom and have turned the Globe in to a fortress. We look a proper football team now, the difference is huge. I am not sure which "expert" said it but saying our signings are no better than any we have had before knows nothing about football. Toums is a monster. What a footballer. He controls everything!

Overwhelmed....
BerlinWaller

Postby MFC-Manc » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:09 pm

Great result and pleased for wildig to get a goal.

Only downside was Berlin Wall was closed
I'm getting by just the best I can, While you're directing traffic
MFC-Manc

Postby Slanester » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:23 pm

MFC-Manc wrote:Great result and pleased for wildig to get a goal.

Only downside was Berlin Wall was closed

Wall closed due to a couple of bits of “thin” signage blowing off, just not the same. Lino had an easy ride tonight :D

Fantastic result, and very well deserved, particularly in the conditions. Get in.
Macc performance tonight was the worst I have watched against us all season. Got nothing, deserved even less.
Slanester

Postby RapidShrimp » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:34 pm

BerlinWaller wrote:Massive win! 8pts away from the bottom and have turned the Globe in to a fortress. We look a proper football team now, the difference is huge. I am not sure which "expert" said it but saying our signings are no better than any we have had before knows nothing about football. Toums is a monster. What a footballer. He controls everything!

Overwhelmed....

What a performance!!!!! We looked so organised and, for the most part, in control of that game. Mafoumbi was excellent, Sam and Steve outstanding winning every header, and Cole produced another brilliant performance of hold-up play and flick-ons.

Every player on that pitch knew the gameplan and they executed it brilliantly. A well deserved 3 points and a CLEAN SHEET!!!! 8 points clear of Cheatenage, 1 clear of administration-threatened Macclesfield, and only 2 points off Mansfield in 21st!

Great to see Toums and Aaron get goals and Aaron and Kenyon look like completely different players!

UP THE SHRIMPS! :)
RapidShrimp

Postby BerlinWaller » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:41 pm

This is a team thrown together in January and we are climbing the table. I can't wait to see what DA does when he has time to bring in more of his own players!

Excited.....
BerlinWaller

Re: Morecambe 2 [Diagouraga, Wildig] Macclesfield 0 iFollow

Postby Keith » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:59 pm

Really well played. We understood the conditions better. Thought O'Sullivan & Phillips struggled a bit, but everyone else played excellently. That said, O'Sullivan almost scored the goal of the season!

Second half we did the job required. Tooms was awesome but Sam Lavelle & Steve Old were fantastic at the back. Old was my MotM but no complaints about Sam getting it. Onwards & upwards.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby marky No.1 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:11 am

Well happy tonight, the 'thrown together' team is working well and it's so good to see we are back to a settled team, instead of all the chopping and changing.
Now look forward to the games, thinking we will get something, rather than how many we will lose by.
If we can start to pick up points away, ala Walsall, from home it will be a bonus.
Codworld awaits :)
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Redalert1970 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:16 am

Big win tonight

Very very happy here at work to be proved wrong
Redalert1970

Postby Potted Shrimp » Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:36 am

Actually walked away from the Globe feeling satisfied after enjoying a game of football.

Team looked solid and were better than Macc, as in every team both sides could have scored more but we were the better team. I felt we also handled the conditions much better than them.

Decent crowd given the positions and circumstances, I remember being in crowds of 800 for Tuesdays night games a couple of years ago, against more 'established' sides.

From the little I have seen this season football is better and more enjoyable to watch under DA, I genuinely believe that as long as he is around next season won't be spent in the bottom end of the league. Hopefully he does stay, MFC have a track record of long term managers staying at the club.

A real feel good positive atmosphere amongst the supporters which is great, things have certainly improved.
Potted Shrimp

Postby Phoenix Shrimp 2017 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:24 am

Yes under DA the football is by and large a pleasure to watch again. Yes we do keep managers long term through thick and thin, however whereas in the past few seasons we have lost the player of the season on a regular basis could we be panicking about losing the manager this time :cry: What length of contract did he sign? I think he is an honourable man which the Hearts scenario, if true, proved. I'm sure that the board will be mulling over a contract extension, even at this early stage of his reign, but at the end of the day like many things, money talks and we can't always compete.

There does seem to be a lot more to look forward to nowadays and we are definitely on the up again.

PS. Any chance of Across the Bay doing a DA bitter in honour of the new man?

UTS.
Phoenix Shrimp 2017

Postby marky No.1 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:33 am

Phoenix Shrimp 2017 wrote:

Nice thought, PS, but he doesn't drink :)
marky No.1

Postby BerlinWaller » Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:42 am

Phoenix Shrimp 2017 wrote:Yes under DA the football is by and large a pleasure to watch again. Yes we do keep managers long term through thick and thin, however whereas in the past few seasons we have lost the player of the season on a regular basis could we be panicking about losing the manager this time :cry: What length of contract did he sign? I think he is an honourable man which the Hearts scenario, if true, proved. I'm sure that the board will be mulling over a contract extension, even at this early stage of his reign, but at the end of the day like many things, money talks and we can't always compete.

There does seem to be a lot more to look forward to nowadays and we are definitely on the up again.

UTS.

I was thinking about DA and his contract. I am sure it is for this season and the 2 after that. When you appoint somebody of the calibre of DA, you are going to have to back him. There is no point having him with his skill sets and giving him poor quality to work with. If the club don't give him what he wants, i can see him looking for pastures new and he will be on a few shortlists. Blackpool with the financial backing of Simon Sadler could be wanting a new manager soon.

Edit Grayson has been sacked today. Ian Evatt?
Last edited by BerlinWaller on Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BerlinWaller

Postby redrobo » Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:50 am

Considering the conditions and the importance of the game it was a tremendous result.

Have to be honest that I did think that the 2 goal lead wouldn't be enough at half time especially when I saw that they were bringing on a couple of subs but my worries were groundless as yet again DA's tactics worked a treat and we never looked under any threat.

Spoke to a couple of Macc fans on the way to the car park and they said that that was their worst performance of the season and that they hadn't used the wind as they should have. Whatever, you can only play as the opposition allow you to,,,,,

The night was complete on hearing the result from Bradford.

Just hope that we can keep this momentum going and get away from the perpetual relegation battle.

Assuming that DA is here next season and is able to build his own squad I would like to think that it could be an exciting time to be a fan.
redrobo

Postby HALMA 1983 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:03 pm

redrobo wrote:Considering the conditions and the importance of the game it was a tremendous result.

Have to be honest that I did think that the 2 goal lead wouldn't be enough at half time especially when I saw that they were bringing on a couple of subs but my worries were groundless as yet again DA's tactics worked a treat and we never looked under any threat.

Spoke to a couple of Macc fans on the way to the car park and they said that that was their worst performance of the season and that they hadn't used the wind as they should have. Whatever, you can only play as the opposition allow you to,,,,,

Just hope that we can keep this momentum going and get away from the perpetual relegation battle.

Assuming that DA is here next season and is able to build his own squad I would like to think that it could be an exciting time to be a fan.

You've never had it so good Neil :lol:
Even I'm starting to dream of away days at Ewood and Deepdale ;)
HALMA 1983

Postby Phoenix Shrimp 2017 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:09 pm

marky No.1 wrote:
Phoenix Shrimp 2017 wrote:

Nice thought, PS, but he doesn't drink :)

LOL. What about a nice draft Dandelion and Burdock then. (Does that even still exist or am I showing my age)?
Phoenix Shrimp 2017

Postby marky No.1 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:11 pm

HALMA 1983 wrote:

Forget dreams, playing at what was the Reebok is looking a close reality
marky No.1

Postby redrobo » Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:14 pm

HALMA 1983 wrote:
redrobo wrote:Considering the conditions and the importance of the game it was a tremendous result.

Can't even my widest of dreams imagine us being in the Championship but who knows... :o :D

Mind you if Rovers and PNE got relegated to EFL1 then possibly..... :lol:
redrobo

Postby HALMA 1983 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:18 pm

marky No.1 wrote:
HALMA 1983 wrote:

Forget dreams, playing at what was the Reebok is looking a close reality

Imagine how empty it'll be aswell, what a bloody waste!
HALMA 1983

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion