Tactics!

Tactics!

Postby Keith » Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:08 pm

One of my bugbears is that we still don't play to our conditions well enough. One example that is firmly burned in to the memory was that bloody Dagenham game in the FA Cup where they worked out the conditions better than we did.

Today, playing to the home end, thump the ball high and hard towards the goal from the halfway line. It will stop and fall almost dead straight down on to the penalty spot. Our players running on to it, defenders facing the wrong way. Percentage game, we will win a fair few of these and get a shot on goal.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Re: Tactics!

Postby HALMA 1983 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:15 pm

J.Slew will be in his element :o
The kid could get a long term deal after tonights haul ;)
HALMA 1983

Postby cragbankshrimp » Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:29 pm

Anywhere in their half when the wind is behind us have a shot with Cole leading the line for any keeping errors :)
"Accrington Stanley" Who are they??????????????
cragbankshrimp

Postby Andy D » Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:29 pm

we should be shooting from long range with the wind behind us!!

and also press them really high up the pitch for when the opposition keeper throws the ball out or try’s kicking it into the wind.

goal keepers nightmare in these conditions.
Andy D

Postby BerlinWaller » Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:41 pm

Can you ever tell which way the wind is blowing though? It seems to just swirl around the pitch. You can look at the four corner flags and they are all blowing in different directions.
BerlinWaller

Postby Keith » Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:05 pm

BerlinWaller wrote:Can you ever tell which way the wind is blowing though? It seems to just swirl around the pitch. You can look at the four corner flags and they are all blowing in different directions.

It is a vortex and I always think it is interesting seeing how the corner flags are all blowing in different directions. But as a percentage, we can learn to play to our conditions so they are to our advantage. Similarly, we need to shoot from distance on sunny days [remember them???] when the goalkeeper has the sun in his eyes. The only goal I can recall coming in that manner was when Baz lost the ball in the sun!
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby marky No.1 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:15 am

Noticed Derek in the last 20 minutes was telling players to put it down the left hand corner, where the ball was being held up by the wind.
Every confidence in Derek, a man with a plan
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Andy D » Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:42 am

marky No.1 wrote:Noticed Derek in the last 20 minutes was telling players to put it down the left hand corner, where the ball was being held up by the wind.
Every confidence in Derek, a man with a plan

also Bringing Conlan on :shock:

i though he’d have brought Malubu on or Brewitt, but instead Conlan and Cranston tucking in making the left side stronger!

a Plymouth fan came on here when we first appointed Derek and said one thing he will certainly do is get you organised, he was bang on!
Andy D

Return to General Discussion