New additions

Re: New additions

Postby Andy D » Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:08 pm

Keith wrote:Last January & February we had five home games with attendances of:

Admittedly, there are Carlisle & Bury in there, with big away following, but Stevenage wouldn't have brought many. Our core home support was about 1,400 last winter. It is now about 1,550. We still need it to climb further.
pretty sure if you went back on SVs there’d be threads with fans talking about our own fan base and numbers dropping around the 1000 mark.
Andy D

Postby Keith » Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:54 pm

Andy D wrote:pretty sure if you went back on SVs there’d be threads with fans talking about our own fan base and numbers dropping around the 1000 mark.

There may well have been those claims on SV. Doesn't mean they were based upon fact! :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: I don't think our 'core' support has changed that significantly either up or down. That's kind of the point, the 'floating' fans stopped but not a huge difference in that core. Increasing core support takes many seasons and by definition, doesn't go down too rapidly either.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Andy D » Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:25 pm

Keith wrote:
Andy D wrote:pretty sure if you went back on SVs there’d be threads with fans talking about our own fan base and numbers dropping around the 1000 mark.

There may well have been those claims on SV. Doesn't mean they were based upon fact! :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: I don't think our 'core' support has changed that significantly either up or down. That's kind of the point, the 'floating' fans stopped but not a huge difference in that core. Increasing core support takes many seasons and by definition, doesn't go down too rapidly either.

you just shown stats for overhaul attendances, and i still say our hardcore was around a 1000, call it perception.

but last Saturdays 1965 deducting the 337 is still impressive under the new regime ;)
Andy D

Postby Keith » Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:08 pm

Andy D wrote:you just shown stats for overhaul attendances, and i still say our hardcore was around a 1000, call it perception.

Then you are saying that last January/February we had three out of five home games where the away fans outnumbered the home? I'm happy to be corrected, but I don't think that has ever happened in the League, let alone three times in two months!

Regardless, let's hope our core fan base climbs.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Previous

Return to General Discussion