P/T Indie

Re: Kev Tweet

Postby redrobo » Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:51 pm

Unable to log into the link so haven't a clue..... :( :( :(
redrobo

Postby P/T Indie » Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:56 pm

Don't try to comfort I'm not stupid #Iwillnotbebroken #yesIsawthiscoming

Either DA told him he was in his plans and now he isn't or Jim told him he would take him to Fylde and now he won't.

or it could be something unrelated :lol:
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby redrobo » Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:08 pm

IF DA has told him that he doesn't figure in his plans going forward then no problem, at least DA has been honest when the transfer window is open to enable 'the legend that is Kevin Ellison' to find another club.

However if JB said he'd take him and has decided now not to I'd be very surprised that JB would have said one thing and then not followed it up. Maybe the higher powers that be at AFC have said no to JB..... :?: :?: :?:
redrobo

Postby Keith » Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:11 pm

https://twitter.com/KEVIN11ELLISON/stat ... 8882913280

Half a story. Well, a fifth of one really. Doesn't sound happy though.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Vinny » Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:39 pm

P/T Indie wrote:Don't try to comfort I'm not stupid #Iwillnotbebroken #yesIsawthiscoming

I don't do twitter, but if the above is what Kev is saying, what a shame for the lad who has been such a great player and team member for us. He's neither been shown the door, nor included in the first team training by DA, so is possibly being viewed as cover if and when needed. Must be a real disappointment for Kev, especially after he and Baz took on overseeing the first team games temporarily and did okay with the win over Leyton Orient. Let's hope he finds an option soon, and that we at least have a chance to acknowledge his great time and worth to MFC. He's still a great impact sub and pro. and let's hope he will still score a few more goals for us yet! Morecambe legend for sure!
Bring me sunshine, in your smile.
A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Vinny

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:55 pm

Absolute legend and his testimonial next year :o
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby RapidShrimp » Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:38 pm

Vinny wrote:
P/T Indie wrote:Don't try to comfort I'm not stupid #Iwillnotbebroken #yesIsawthiscoming

I don't do twitter, but if the above is what Kev is saying, what a shame for the lad who has been such a great player and team member for us. He's neither been shown the door, nor included in the first team training by DA, so is possibly being viewed as cover if and when needed. Must be a real disappointment for Kev, especially after he and Baz took on overseeing the first team games temporarily and did okay with the win over Leyton Orient. Let's hope he finds an option soon, and that we at least have a chance to acknowledge his great time and worth to MFC. He's still a great impact sub and pro. and let's hope he will still score a few more goals for us yet! Morecambe legend for sure!

I don’t see Cranston moaning about it on social media. Nothing more professional than ‘slagging off’ your boss behind their back on a platform they don’t use... :roll:

Of course it’ll be a disappointment for Kev because he knows he has been lucky to have Jim by his side, but now he knows full well that his footballing days are numbered. He’s been poor when he has appeared this season, and if he hasn’t performed under Derek’s watch (or has been too loud-mouthed/answering back - which Derek will hate, and rightly so), then DA is well within his rights to leave him out.

Of course I wish him well and hope something becomes available for his career, but what does he expect at 40 (going on 41) :?: He can’t just be included every week and keep getting contract extensions if he’s not up to the task.

Derek is revolutionising this squad (for good or bad? - time will tell...) so anyone who isn’t ready to fight/buy into the Derek project, or simply isn’t good enough, has got to be left out. It’s for the good of Morecambe Football Club. (Hopefully!)

Absolute legend of the club, and his services will be remembered fondly, but all good things have got to end somewhere, and Kev seems too ignorant to contemplate that.
RapidShrimp

Postby Vinny » Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:46 pm

RapidShrimp wrote:I don’t see Cranston moaning about it on social media. Nothing more professional than ‘slagging off’ your boss behind their back on a platform they don’t use... :roll:

Of course it’ll be a disappointment for Kev because he knows he has been lucky to have Jim by his side, but now he knows full well that his footballing days are numbered. He’s been poor when he has appeared this season, and if he hasn’t performed under Derek’s watch (or has been too loud-mouthed/answering back - which Derek will hate, and rightly so), then DA is well within his rights to leave him out.

Of course I wish him well and hope something becomes available for his career, but what does he expect at 40 (going on 41) :?: He can’t just be included every week and keep getting contract extensions if he’s not up to the task.

Derek is revolutionising this squad (for good or bad? - time will tell...) so anyone who isn’t ready to fight/buy into the Derek project, or simply isn’t good enough, has got to be left out. It’s for the good of Morecambe Football Club. (Hopefully!)

Absolute legend of the club, and his services will be remembered fondly, but all good things have got to end somewhere, and Kev seems too ignorant to contemplate that.

Great points and well put RS!
Bring me sunshine, in your smile.
A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Vinny

Postby mrpotatohead » Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:48 pm

I would imagine as a person that suffers from depression, Kevin is probably feeling very low at the moment , he's a human being as well as a footballer so I would suggest people think about what they are writing on this subject.

Perhaps it needs locking.
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby Phoenix Shrimp 2017 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:00 pm

RapidShrimp wrote:
Vinny wrote:

I don’t see Cranston moaning about it on social media. Nothing more professional than ‘slagging off’ your boss behind their back on a platform they don’t use... :roll:

This^.

Kev is and always will be a club legend. However his legs went some time ago to be succesful at this level of football. If he still loves the game and wants to carry on playing then he can no doubt do it further down the pyramid where he can still be effective.
Phoenix Shrimp 2017

Postby BerlinWaller » Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:31 pm

It is a pretty vague tweet, it could be about anything. Kev has had a couple of swipes on Twitter since DA took over though which is sad to see. He made the video about playing in the Reserves despite managing the club and then the one about being left out of squad.

It is sad but players do come and go.
BerlinWaller

Postby RapidShrimp » Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:59 pm

Either DA told him he was in his plans and now he isn't or Jim told him he would take him to Fylde and now he won't.

There’s just something about this tweet that I don’t feel comfortable about... He’s had his swipes at DA before so this just feels like this is something deeper than just losing his place in the side. “Don’t try to comfort, I’m not stupid” - I don’t think DA would be trying to “comfort” Kevin when they’ve only really just met. :?: “#yesIsawthiscoming” seems like it’s something that’s been in the pipeline for a while, and that a strong connection has been lost, which would back up the ‘Jim turning his back on him’ argument.

We may never know the real nature of this tweet, but whatever the situation, I hope he’s alright and has a wage lined up for his future.
RapidShrimp

Postby Slanester » Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:43 am

RapidShrimp wrote:
Vinny wrote:

:?: :?: :?:

Talk about double edged sword.
Good luck to Kev, and a massive thankyou for everything he has done for the club. Sometimes speaking out is the only way. Having his say against a manager(?), not the first, and definitely not the last, good for him.
Slanester

Postby HALMA 1983 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:11 pm

They'll be no heroes left at this rate :?

'No more heroes' by the stranglers playing in the background when posted :lol:
HALMA 1983

Postby redrobo » Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:29 pm

DA is here to do a job and if in that process he upsets one or two of JB's squad then so be it :?: :?: :?:

Ever thought that under JB it was a case of the manager being too close to the squad :?: :?: :?:

I seem to recall Kevin saying that when he and Baz took the reigns for a few games that he traveled to training and games alone and was for a short while not part of either the car or card school.

The role of a manager can be a lonely one both in football and in life.
redrobo

Postby HALMA 1983 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:23 pm

redrobo wrote:DA is here to do a job and if in that process he upsets one or two of JB's squad then so be it :?: :?: :?:

Ever thought that under JB it was a case of the manager being too close to the squad :?: :?:

Best watch out Jurgen Klopp, He even cuddles em :lol:

It was tongue in cheek at a time we could do with more light heartedness but sadly I was still expecting to get completely obliterated by some ;)
HALMA 1983

Postby Slanester » Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:26 pm

redrobo wrote:DA is here to do a job and if in that process he upsets one or two of JB's squad then so be it :?: :?: :?:

Ever thought that under JB it was a case of the manager being too close to the squad :?: :?: :?:

I seem to recall Kevin saying that when he and Baz took the reigns for a few games that he traveled to training and games alone and was for a short while not part of either the car or card school.

The role of a manager can be a lonely one both in football and in life.

All managers are at a club to do a job. So far DA, is doing a good one, performance wise, if not points.
Self fulfilling, disrespectful digs at some of our former greats, has absolutely nothing to do with it.
Slanester

Postby dazza » Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:08 pm

whilst we are on the subject of kevs tweets

kev has one on there ( admittedly before the new management team )
where he's on the team coach and comments are showing tom who's still the boss ( forgive me if the words are not exact)
he walks up behind tom and slaps his head against the window , now it may be in good nature but id imagine its not something DA will want around his teams , maybe he would see it as undermining him
again I maybe wrong
but from a guy who speaks out so much re depression bullying etc is it really right

kids see kids doo imagine if your kids saw it then did it on a school bus and said well its ok K E does it ?? and then for it to be on social media

that cant be right ??
****dazza****
dazza

Postby black morse » Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:30 pm

Could easily be a clash of personalities between Kev and Derek. Can't see Derek standing players getting yellows for taking shirts off in celebration :lol:

If Kev is going I hope there'll be an opportunity to give him a great send off. He has always given his all for the club.
black morse

Postby HALMA 1983 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:39 pm

black morse wrote:If Kev is going I hope there'll be an opportunity to give him a great send off. He has always given his all for the club.

A right old 'highland fling' :D
HALMA 1983

Postby BerlinWaller » Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:45 pm

dazza wrote:whilst we are on the subject of kevs tweets

where he's on the team coach and comments are showing tom who's still the boss ( forgive me if the words are not exact)
he walks up behind tom and slaps his head against the window , now it may be in good nature but id imagine its not something DA will want around his teams , maybe he would see it as undermining him
again I maybe wrong
but from a guy who speaks out so much re depression bullying etc is it really right

kids see kids doo imagine if your kids saw it then did it on a school bus and said well its ok K E does it ?? and then for it to be on social media

that cant be right ??

I know the tweet you are on about and I thought exactly the same at the time as well as thinking that must have hurt! I thought it was banter between the scouse lads but the look on Tom's face was not a happy one and I think Cole is there too and he looks shocked. It didn't look at all good and I think Kev explained it in tweets afterwards.
BerlinWaller

Postby Slanester » Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:16 pm

dazza wrote:whilst we are on the subject of kevs tweets

again I maybe wrong

that cant be right ??

Fair comment that dazza. Not sure how it would compare though, to some of the things talked about with regard DA in the post on a different thread, showing some profile of the man himself. Bit of a “slugger” in his younger days.
Slanester

Postby Wild Bill » Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:18 pm

or it could be something unrelated :lol:

Maybe a reference to the co-chairmen? No doubt they will feel bad about the situation but will ultimately back the manager.

Sad if Kev is on his way out. His larger than life personality and cheeky Scouse banter probably not what Adams likes though.

All the best Kev and I am sure someone will still give him a pro contract.
I am the Thai Shrimp!
Wild Bill

Postby thedoc » Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:58 am

mrpotatohead wrote:I would imagine as a person that suffers from depression, Kevin is probably feeling very low at the moment , he's a human being as well as a footballer so I would suggest people think about what they are writing on this subject.

Amen to that. Good luck to Kev, whatever happens.
thedoc

Next

Return to General Discussion