Post match reaction by JB.

Post match reaction by JB.

Postby redrobo » Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:54 pm

In my book no manager no matter who they are or whatever the circumstances should openly name and criticize one of his players as reported that JB did after the Port Vale fiasco. Things like that should be kept behind closed doors and not aired in public.

JB should in my opinion take a long hard look at himself and his assistant and remember the number of points his team have lost due in part to negative tactics not only this season but seasons past.

On paper we have a good squad but they are unable to perform to their potential due in my opinion to the way they are asked to play and JB's concentration on the opposition rather than on his own charges pre match.

At the moment I'm not in the 'out JB' brigade but if we don't start to seen an improvement in results then I suspect that I will not be alone in my view of what should happen, despite the lack of money.

For me November is the cut off time post FA Cup Round 1.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
redrobo

Re: Post match reaction by JB.

Postby al1 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:47 pm

I have not heard and will not listen to what jb says in his after match interviews anymore,but it was always going to be his excuse today! So predictable!
al1

Postby HALMA 1983 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:04 pm

I think it's fair game for any manager, who's every move is being over scrutinised by those who think they know better, to come out and state the reason his instructions weren't followed
Both, Jim and the rest of the players were let down and no good sugar coating it.
HALMA 1983

Postby P/T Indie » Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:28 pm

He should have said it was a daft thing to do but sometimes these things happen and it's up to the other lads to dig deep and defend the lead and make it hard for Vale.

Then say what he actually thinks in private.

But he needed an excuse
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby Slanester » Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:36 pm

Not heard the interview yet, but tell it as it is I say. This is 4th tier football, not the world of.....do not upset the prima donas of the Premiership.
Slanester

Postby ChrisC » Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:34 pm

Given that everyone who saw it including BBC Lance and all the commenters on here and FB said that it was a game changer then you can't really blame Jim for being pissed off about it.
ChrisC

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:08 am

He just stated the blatantly obvious , no big deal at all.
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby fulwoodshrimp » Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:22 am

I understand that quite rightly Cranston's lack of discipline was costly and inexcusable yesterday and has subjected him to a lot of criticism. But I feel we have to look at some of the absent midfielders also for their frequent absences when we are in a desperate fight for points. Tutte and Wildig seem incapable of stringing a run of games together and are absent as much as they are available for selection. Surely it's time to look at blooding some of the younger players who are able to play consistently and writing off the older pros who seem unable to stay matchfit and yet are presumably being paid for not playing and using up a significant part of our wage bill.
fulwoodshrimp

Postby Andy D » Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:51 am

fulwoodshrimp wrote:Surely it's time to look at blooding some of the younger players who are able to play consistently and writing off the older pros who seem unable to stay matchfit and yet are presumably being paid for not playing and using up a significant part of our wage bill.

Jim's has always had it right with the youngsters in the past.

Times we've had these threads with Fans going on about Doyle, Cowperthwaite, Mawaisle(spelling?) recently off the top of my head, and where are they now?..
Andy D

Postby Slanester » Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:27 am

From Vale’s manager, post match interview:

“It did look as though it was going to be one of those days, but LUCKILY for us, their lad was stupid and got himself sent off.”
Slanester

Postby redrobo » Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:08 am

mrpotatohead wrote:He just stated the blatantly obvious , no big deal at all.

.....just not in public.

Keep it within the dressing room where fellow professionals are present.
redrobo

Postby RedRedWine » Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:01 pm

I’ve no problem with Jim’s comments; he’s clearly as frustrated as all of us. The sending off changed yesterday’s game in favour of the hosts. Jordan’s show of petulance has proved costly - both to the team and himself; he’s struggled for games this season and now he’ll be missing even more through suspension. As a team we can I’ll afford these errors, every point is vital for us.

I often think Jim can’t win with some people. Damned if he does, damned if he doesn’t. I’m sure you’d have some saying he was protecting the player.
Hello! Hello! We are the Morecambe boys!
RedRedWine

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:57 pm

What was he supposed to do Neil, was he supposed to say, "I fully support my players actions , and in fairness we would have lost anyway"....or "I never had a clear view of the incident", stop clutching at straws to dis the manager, everyone there saw it for what it was ,he had no choice but to be honest about it.
mrpotatohead

Postby Keith » Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:56 pm

RedRedWine wrote:I often think Jim can’t win with some people. Damned if he does, damned if he doesn’t. I’m sure you’d have some saying he was protecting the player.

Exactly!

If he’d tried to defend Cranston, there would have been people on here saying “why isn’t he being honest?” Everyone could see the impact it had. I’m sure Jordan will come back from this and work even harder, but he needs to learn from it. At the moment, he fully deserves criticism. He’s now missing for three games, games where he had a chance to nail himself in to the position. Now it is someone else’s chance.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Sakhalin Shrimp » Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:49 pm

Keith wrote:At the moment, he fully deserves criticism.

Sorry Keith, as a retired senior manager I don’t agree. Bollock or discipline behind closed doors, never in public.
A man doesn't know what happiness is until he's married. By then it's too late.
Sakhalin Shrimp

Postby Westgate Wanderer » Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:49 am

I think cranston will become the new Adam Campbell, consigned to our history.
Don't worry be happy!
Westgate Wanderer

Postby mrpotatohead » Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:28 am

I think certain people on here are making a big deal of this for no other reason than, "we can't slag Jim off for using the same excuses this week, so we will slag him off for stating the obvious, about a player costing us at least a point by being stupid".......
mrpotatohead

Postby redrobo » Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:54 am

Westgate Wanderer wrote:I think cranston will become the new Adam Campbell, consigned to our history.

I certainly hope not.

Just hope that JB says 'time to move on' and recall how many mistakes he has made in his career....

Jordan is too important as a valued squad member to let such an isolated and totally out of character incident put a premature end to his career under JB.
redrobo

Postby Shrimp Girl » Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:29 pm

mrpotatohead wrote:I think certain people on here are making a big deal of this for no other reason than, "we can't slag Jim off for using the same excuses this week, so we will slag him off for stating the obvious, about a player costing us at least a point by being stupid".......

Does seem that way, I have listened to the Radio Lancs post match interview and the later one on the OWS. Didn't hear anything that would in any way constitute a 'bollocking'. In fact on the radio it was the interviewer pushing Cranston's name into the frame as if prodding for a reaction. Jim ended with 'I'd better not say too much' so was clearly trying to keep a lid on things in public. It will all die down if it's allowed to, focus is now to get a strong side together, minus Cranston, for the Bradford game.
Shrimp Girl

Postby Slanester » Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:48 pm

Shrimp Girl wrote:
mrpotatohead wrote:I think certain people on here are making a big deal of this for no other reason than, "we can't slag Jim off for using the same excuses this week, so we will slag him off for stating the obvious, about a player costing us at least a point by being stupid".......

Does seem that way, I have listened to the Radio Lancs post match interview and the later one on the OWS. Didn't hear anything that would in any way constitute a 'bollocking'. In fact on the radio it was the interviewer pushing Cranston's name into the frame as if prodding for a reaction. Jim ended with 'I'd better not say too much' so was clearly trying to keep a lid on things in public. It will all die down if it's allowed to, focus is now to get a strong side together, minus Cranston, for the Bradford game.

Thankyou SG. I haven’t heard the Radio Lancs interview, but suspected it was the case as you describe.
Should have been “chip wrapper” by Sat eve imo.
Slanester

Postby BerlinWaller » Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:56 pm

I have heard the Radio interview with Jim and I think he was on point. I was worried that he might throw Jordan under the bus but he doesn't, he may use it in the future but was fair on Saturday.

I might have been watching a bit too much of Roy Keane on the tele lately but I would have had given a bollocking for the silly celebrations for the goal. Do that when you are on a good run but when we are scrapping at the foot of the table, get the ball back and go again. Like I say, might be a bit too much Roy Keane.
BerlinWaller

Postby Seasider9601 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:34 pm

BerlinWaller wrote:I would have had given a bollocking for the silly celebrations for the goal. Do that when you are on a good run but when we are scrapping at the foot of the table, get the ball back and go again.

Must admit, I thought the exact same.
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:09 pm

Seasider9601 wrote:
BerlinWaller wrote:I would have had given a bollocking for the silly celebrations for the goal. Do that when you are on a good run but when we are scrapping at the foot of the table, get the ball back and go again.

Must admit, I thought the exact same.

Agreed , a silly celebration is fine if it is a goal that puts you in front in the last couple of minutes but not when there is about 70 odd minutes still to play.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby marky No.1 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:43 pm

Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Return to General Discussion