Bury or no Bury

Re: Bury or no Bury

Postby Keith » Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:42 pm

BerlinWaller wrote:I posted a statement put out by the Macc players who fear that the club is going under. It isn't a report, it is much more drastic than that. It is almost a cry for help.

It's really sad to read :cry:
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Andy D » Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:18 pm

Keith wrote:
BerlinWaller wrote:I posted a statement put out by the Macc players who fear that the club is going under. It isn't a report, it is much more drastic than that. It is almost a cry for help.

It's really sad to read :cry:

Could very easily be us.
Andy D

Postby Seasider9601 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:44 am

This is from the Macclesfield forum. So many comments similar to what we have read on here very recently.

"The local support for the club is sh*te even when we are doing well"

"We are at best a Conference North Club".

An interesting read:

https://fansonline.net/macclesfieldtown ... ?id=195480
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby Keith » Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:01 pm

Some interesting comments. Substitute Macclesfield for Morecambe and they are still relevant. This one in particular stood out to me...

It all looks pretty bleak.....long and short of it is as one person mentioned earlier the EFL is falling apart before our eyes. Put to one side the owners throughout the league and look at the basics player costs have continually inflated driven by the premiership and the price you charge for the product hasn't risen (again premiership aside) at anywhere near the same rate.....top line is stagnating while costs are spiralling....this is generally to do with the product and Bury, Bolton and us will simply be the tip of the iceberg.....

It's as clear as day to me why an owner would stop the cash tap - it will be ceaseless. Seemingly we have acquired players we can't afford presumably following the old 'speculate to accumulate' adage and I suspect to placate the expectations of our fan base who have been accustomed to 20 years of overachievement (as someone said by rights we should be National League North) - the gamble has not been backed by the fans through the gates and so now we are in trouble.....

I'd suggest there is little or no chance of finding a buyer who will be willing to repay AA the full amount of debt which is owed (or even an acceptable fraction) and so he will remain.....I can't say I blame him holding out for some money (the loss of a couple of million quid wouldn't be massively appealing to anyone I'm sure)…

When people argue that we should be spending more money to take a gamble on possible success, and anything else is a lack of ambition, they really do need to understand that this would be gambling with the very existence of the club. None of us are happy with the current form, but I'd rather be where we are than where Bury are, or where Macclesfield are likely to be soon. We're far from being out of the woods yet, but we're in a lot better place now than two years ago.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

Keith
Site Admin

Postby Brian S » Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:59 pm

Very sad to hear about Macc, and any other club in the same situation. It's another example how Bury have been hard done by. If the same criteria applied to Bury had been applied to Macc, Macc would have been expelled.

If the EFL rigidly enforced the rules, there might not be a League 2.
Brian S

Postby paschahound » Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:04 am

Keith wrote:Some interesting comments. Substitute Macclesfield for Morecambe and they are still relevant. This one in particular stood out to me...

It all looks pretty bleak.....long and short of it is as one person mentioned earlier the EFL is falling apart before our eyes. Put to one side the owners throughout the league and look at the basics player costs have continually inflated driven by the premiership and the price you charge for the product hasn't risen (again premiership aside) at anywhere near the same rate.....top line is stagnating while costs are spiralling....this is generally to do with the product and Bury, Bolton and us will simply be the tip of the iceberg.....

It's as clear as day to me why an owner would stop the cash tap - it will be ceaseless. Seemingly we have acquired players we can't afford presumably following the old 'speculate to accumulate' adage and I suspect to placate the expectations of our fan base who have been accustomed to 20 years of overachievement (as someone said by rights we should be National League North) - the gamble has not been backed by the fans through the gates and so now we are in trouble.....

I'd suggest there is little or no chance of finding a buyer who will be willing to repay AA the full amount of debt which is owed (or even an acceptable fraction) and so he will remain.....I can't say I blame him holding out for some money (the loss of a couple of million quid wouldn't be massively appealing to anyone I'm sure)…

When people argue that we should be spending more money to take a gamble on possible success, and anything else is a lack of ambition, they really do need to understand that this would be gambling with the very existence of the club. None of us are happy with the current form, but I'd rather be where we are than where Bury are, or where Macclesfield are likely to be soon. We're far from being out of the woods yet, but we're in a lot better place now than two years ago.

Excellent post - both of them.
While there's no harm in dreaming, decisions need to be based on reality and the reality is simple; Jim has been performing miracles for the club given all the circumstances, particularly gate numbers, and deserves everyone's complete respect. To gamble for more, like Bury did, would be the height of madness.
paschahound

Postby al1 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:00 am

Gate numbers are low due to jbs home form/tactics and general negativity he spouts in every interview.Although some of you may believe the crowd figures given are accurate!
al1

Postby Keith » Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:10 am

al1 wrote:Gate numbers are low due to jbs home form/tactics and general negativity he spouts in every interview.Although some of you may believe the crowd figures given are accurate!

Yes, as we all know, it makes good business sense to over inflate income so that you pay more tax than is necessary...

oh, hang on... :roll:

Keith
Site Admin

Postby BerlinWaller » Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:19 am

paschahound wrote:
Keith wrote:Some interesting comments. Substitute Macclesfield for Morecambe and they are still relevant. This one in particular stood out to me...

Excellent post - both of them.
While there's no harm in dreaming, decisions need to be based on reality and the reality is simple; Jim has been performing miracles for the club given all the circumstances, particularly gate numbers, and deserves everyone's complete respect. To gamble for more, like Bury did, would be the height of madness.

Who is talking about gambling the clubs future? The owners are predicting breaking even this financial year so the club are is in a good position for the foreseeable. Replacing Jim is hardly gambling with the future of the club. Bury fell foul of consecutive poor owners who ran the club in to the ground despite being successful on the pitch. The future of MFC does not depend on Jim Bentley being manager. You could argue that despite league survival, his type of football and negative undertones are driving customers away. This is evident with the poor home crowds despite the attendance figures released.
BerlinWaller

Postby BerlinWaller » Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:19 am

Keith wrote:
al1 wrote:Gate numbers are low due to jbs home form/tactics and general negativity he spouts in every interview.Although some of you may believe the crowd figures given are accurate!

Yes, as we all know, it makes good business sense to over inflate income so that you pay more tax than is necessary...

oh, hang on... :roll:

How much tax do you pay on a 500k annual loss? Looks to me like for 2017 and 2018 we had tax rebates?
Attachments
20191005_112933.jpg
20191005_112933.jpg (135.09 KiB) Viewed 6629 times
BerlinWaller

Postby BerlinWaller » Sat Oct 05, 2019 1:59 pm

More fake news from The Daily Keith
BerlinWaller

Postby Keith » Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:15 pm

BerlinWaller wrote:More fake news from The Daily Keith

Are you saying football tickets don't have VAT on them if you make a loss? I apologise, I didn't know that.

Keith
Site Admin

Postby BerlinWaller » Sat Oct 05, 2019 4:54 pm

£3.40 for every imaginary fan they add to the attendance? It's not like they are bumping the crowd up to 15000 every week. I think it is a hit worth taking if it makes your product more attractive in the short team, say a 2 year plan for instance?
BerlinWaller

Postby Keith » Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:22 pm

BerlinWaller wrote:£3.40 for every imaginary fan they add to the attendance? It's not like they are bumping the crowd up to 15000 every week. I think it is a hit worth taking if it makes your product more attractive in the short team, say a 2 year plan for instance?

How many imaginary fans do you believe they add on?

Do you really think saying the attendance was 1,650 sounds so much better than 1,400 that it is worth £850?

And anyway, I thought you just said that paying tax on imaginary fans was "fake news"?

Oh yes, you did... right here...

"Fake news" or "£3.40 for every imaginary fan"? Do at least try and be consistent dear chap.

Keith
Site Admin

Postby tim-sanchez » Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:28 pm

I'd imagine the "ghost" fans that are added are season ticket holders that don't turn up. Pretty much every other club adds them to attendance whether they show up or not, and therefore the income/tax is already accounted for when they bought their season ticket.
tim-sanchez

Postby BerlinWaller » Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:45 pm

Keith wrote:
BerlinWaller wrote:£3.40 for every imaginary fan they add to the attendance? It's not like they are bumping the crowd up to 15000 every week. I think it is a hit worth taking if it makes your product more attractive in the short team, say a 2 year plan for instance?

Do you really think saying the attendance was 1,650 sounds so much better than 1,400 that it is worth £850?

And anyway, I thought you just said that paying tax on imaginary fans was "fake news"?

"Fake news" or "£3.40 for every imaginary fan"? Do at least try and be consistent dear chap.

No, I asked how much tax do you pay on a 500k loss. You mentioned VAT and I offered a reasonable response. If they are cooking the books to make a shit show more attractive to buyers, 850 a game is a drop in the ocean.
BerlinWaller

Postby Keith » Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:45 pm

BerlinWaller wrote:
Keith wrote:

No, I asked how much tax do you pay on a 500k loss. You mentioned VAT and I offered a reasonable response. If they are cooking the books to make a shit show more attractive to buyers, 850 a game is a drop in the ocean.

You do know that the "T" in "VAT" stands for "Tax" don't you? I said we'd pay more tax, you said that was "fake news".

Keith
Site Admin

Postby marky No.1 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:10 am

Bury AFC Ltd heading for League 10?

https://www.nwcfl.com/news-articles.php?id=7980
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby jbc.shrimp » Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:44 pm

Are Bury and Macc cases not based on missed Tax payments, not just players. Don't remember Shrimps ever missing tax payments.
jbc.shrimp

Postby Phoenix Shrimp 2017 » Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:03 am

marky No.1 wrote:Bury AFC Ltd heading for League 10?

https://www.nwcfl.com/news-articles.php?id=7980

Yet another Phoenix club. Best of luck to them, I'm sure they'll make rapid progress up the leagues, at least to start with.

One thing which caught my eye on that bulletin was the application from Isle of Man FC to join the NWCFL. Looks a tidy little set up too. We couldn't lose the legend that is Keith to them could we :o Once a Shrimp always a Shrimp. Just remember that Keith!

UTS.
Phoenix Shrimp 2017

Postby Keith » Sun Dec 22, 2019 11:40 am

Phoenix Shrimp 2017 wrote:One thing which caught my eye on that bulletin was the application from Isle of Man FC to join the NWCFL. Looks a tidy little set up too. We couldn't lose the legend that is Keith to them could we :o Once a Shrimp always a Shrimp. Just remember that Keith!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
I've often said, I'm a Morecambe Fan, not a football fan. If Morecambe aren't playing, I'm not that interested. I might got to IoM v AFC Bury for nostalgia reasons, but I'd be wearing a Morecambe top!

Keith
Site Admin

Postby Phoenix Shrimp 2017 » Sun Dec 22, 2019 5:46 pm

Keith wrote:
Phoenix Shrimp 2017 wrote:One thing which caught my eye on that bulletin was the application from Isle of Man FC to join the NWCFL. Looks a tidy little set up too. We couldn't lose the legend that is Keith to them could we :o Once a Shrimp always a Shrimp. Just remember that Keith!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
I've often said, I'm a Morecambe Fan, not a football fan. If Morecambe aren't playing, I'm not that interested. I might got to IoM v AFC Bury for nostalgia reasons, but I'd be wearing a Morecambe top!

Nice one!
Phoenix Shrimp 2017

Postby marky No.1 » Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:28 pm

Bury AFC starting in 10th division, big days out for those clubs down there
https://www.itv.com/news/granada/2020-0 ... -football/
marky No.1

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:53 pm

marky No.1