Scunthorpe 3 Morecambe 0 LIVE iFollow Thread

Re: Scunthorpe 3 Morecambe 0 LIVE iFollow Thread

Postby glagys » Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:12 pm

If nothing changes we are going to struggle.

We are struggling it has to change, let's just see the big lads come up north and show some and do the right thing,
Cos the local lads love him, but times change and we must,starting now !!
glagys

Postby BerlinWaller » Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:20 pm

If Jim had tried something different this season then I would have been fully supportive. The fact is he has no plan, stumbles from one game to another. Every season will be the same
7 or 8 new players, rubbish tactics and negativity. The loyal 1000 will be there but that will be it. Sentiment is killing our club.
BerlinWaller

Postby tim-sanchez » Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:53 pm

BerlinWaller wrote:The loyal 1000 will be there but that will be it. Sentiment is killing our club.

The sad thing is our attendance has been improving, hasn't it been over 2,000 this season so far? We seem to be a bit more entertaining, just a shame about the results. Thankfully this was an away match, lets actually get a home win to encourage people to keep coming back.
tim-sanchez

Postby Slanester » Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:35 pm

Just back. I can’t even find the words...........apart from “thankyou” to Barry. It could have been an effing cricket score.
Slanester

Postby glagys » Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:51 pm

Well Walsall up next,not won in 9
Welcome to the globe,the cup/Ground that keeps on giving easy 3 points for them lads :D
glagys

Postby redrobo » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:51 pm

Speechless at such an inept performance against a team who hadn't won since February. I said in a previous post that JB had for me got until November then he should be judged. Wonder if that was a wee bit too long.... :?: :?: :?: q
redrobo

Postby Little Shrimp » Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:46 am

Just watched the 10 minute highlights. Our defence is essentially like wet tissue paper. What's strange is we got our first clean sheet of the season with a back three, then since then have conceded a horrendous amount of goals. I think the Macclesfield result needs to start being regarded as an anomaly.

As many on here have noted, our current formation means that we're seriously stretched across the middle and that we can't properly defend our flanks. It's a problem that really needs to be addressed. Watching the build-ups to the goals (and penalty), Scunthorpe were able to get an easy approach on our box by drawing our centre mids out wide, then squaring/switching the ball into acres of space in the centre and getting a free run at our defence.

Perhaps a solution is having Alessandra and O'Sullivan defend as wingers. So when we lose the ball, have them fall back into midfield on the wings so we essentially have a 5-4-1. We really need to work on transitioning into a good defensive shape and keeping it. Salford found it so easy to get into us last game, and Scunthorpe have done exactly the same.
Little Shrimp

Postby Morecambe Jack » Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:51 am

The Macclesfield game was an anomaly in the sense that we were terrible on that night too, but were lucky to steal the win.

The current tactics are not working, but I am sure we will persevere with them for at least another month.
Morecambe Jack

Postby Andy D » Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:56 am

Little Shrimp wrote:Perhaps a solution is having Alessandra and O'Sullivan defend as wingers. So when we lose the ball, have them fall back into midfield on the wings so we essentially have a 5-4-1. We really need to work on transitioning into a good defensive shape and keeping it. Salford found it so easy to get into us last game, and Scunthorpe have done exactly the same.

With you on this, point Ive made a few times.

My answer on the left would be Conlan & Cranston, with Cranston having experience playing L/B and good recovery pace, they can cover each other, perfect combination for me.
Andy D

Postby BerlinWaller » Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:02 am

Andy D wrote:
Little Shrimp wrote:Perhaps a solution is having Alessandra and O'Sullivan defend as wingers. So when we lose the ball, have them fall back into midfield on the wings so we essentially have a 5-4-1. We really need to work on transitioning into a good defensive shape and keeping it. Salford found it so easy to get into us last game, and Scunthorpe have done exactly the same.

With you on this, point Ive made a few times.

My answer on the left would be Conlan & Cranston, with Cranston having experience playing L/B and good recovery pace, they can cover each other, perfect combination for me.

Cranston will get bombed out next game, Jim doesn't fancy him. Brewitt has fallen out of favour after a couple of games. Kev will be back in.
BerlinWaller

Postby Andy D » Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:05 am

I read this week that Brewitt is injured, nothing serious mind.
Andy D

Postby BerlinWaller » Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:17 am

We can all pick our fav line up but i don't think the line ups have been that bad. Dropping strikers every other game pisses me off but team selection is normally ok. The tactics and coaching is where we are very ordinary.
BerlinWaller

Postby redrobo » Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:27 am

For me the problem lies in the lack of a quality defensive midfielder who can break up attacks before they even get close to the box. As much as we question his ability Kenyon for all his distribution faults is the only defensive midfielder in the club which begs the question as to why we didn't go for someone during the close season.

There was an experienced lad at Tranmere who went to Macc who for me could had filled that role.

:?: :?: :?:
redrobo

Postby outsider » Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:39 pm

5 or 3 at the back is not working. Cranston is better in midfield than as a wingback.
LA needs to be just behind CS and SM.
Go at teams, we started well didn't score then just sat back. Defense needs to learn how to tackle not just jocky. Don't get me started on a left back taking the ball of a forward for the pen. Don't care if he's never missed or not. A Forward needing a goal for confidence should have taken it.
We NEED 4 more points this time next week or it's time to go.
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby Slanester » Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:43 pm

Quote from Man City forum:

“We were Collectively shit today..................”
£140 million spent this Summer. Hope for us yet then. ;)
Slanester

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:49 pm

outsider wrote:5 or 3 at the back is not working.

9?
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby BerlinWaller » Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:06 pm

Slanester wrote:Quote from Man City forum:

The lengths you go to polish a turd is brilliant
BerlinWaller

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:07 pm

BerlinWaller wrote:

:lol:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Slanester » Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:55 pm

marky No.1 wrote:
BerlinWaller wrote:

:lol:

At least it goes some way to balancing the monotonous negativity of some.........whatever the result, whatever the formation, whatever the team sheet, whatever, whatever, whatever...................
Slanester

Postby BerlinWaller » Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:18 pm

You left balanced behind some time ago my friend. You are the clappiest of clap happy.
BerlinWaller

Postby HALMA 1983 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:35 pm

A once Championship club gets relegated down to League Two last season and after a shaky start they beat a much smaller club? Did you honestly expect anything more than a draw?
Let's see if scunthorpe can repeat it come Tuesday ;) and then it's the Big one Saturday :D
HALMA 1983

Postby Slanester » Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:09 pm

BerlinWaller wrote:You left balanced behind some time ago my friend. You are the clappiest of clap happy.

I take it from your slightly more personal response, that you find my post in the “if the cap fits section.”
Could you let me know what the correct terminology is for the reverse of “clappiest of clap happy,” as “unclappiest” sounds so wrong.
Slanester

Postby Keith » Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:04 am

Slanester wrote:
BerlinWaller wrote:You left balanced behind some time ago my friend. You are the clappiest of clap happy.

I take it from your slightly more personal response, that you find my post in the “if the cap fits section.”
Could you let me know what the correct terminology is for the reverse of “clappiest of clap happy,” as “unclappiest” sounds so wrong.

Surely, 'if the clap fits...'???

Gloomiest of goommongering is the opposite of clappiest of clap happy 8-) :D :D :D
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Keith » Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:11 am

OLDHAMADE wrote:A once Championship club gets relegated down to League Two last season and after a shaky start they beat a much smaller club? Did you honestly expect anything more than a draw?
Let's see if scunthorpe can repeat it come Tuesday ;) and then it's the Big one Saturday :D

To be fair, as much as I'm a 'glass half full' person, who tends to see the positives, I don't agree with this.

We were utterly awful and made a very poor Scunthorpe, look very poor. A mediocre team would have beaten Scunthorpe. Sadly, we fell a long way short of mediocre. Whether that win will give them confidence now remains to be seen, but I think if we'd been able to go at them and get an early goal, they would have crumbled and their fans got on their backs. Instead, we made it easy for them.

We need a BIG response on Tuesday.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby KenH » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:41 am

Keith wrote:We need a BIG response on Tuesday.

Unfortunately, if Jim changes anything at all, he'll make sweeping changes - completely different formation, 5/6 different starters, some youngsters, etc. He has form for going over the top with changes after criticism to make it look like he was right in the first place. He also does it to "hide" ditching a favourite/regular starter as he doesn't want to hurt feelings of his friends.
KenH

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion