Good point / Bad point

Re: Good point / Bad point

Postby jbc.shrimp » Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:26 am

Westgate Wanderer wrote:2 points quite literally dropped! After that howler Halstead deserves a starting place! Need a left back asap too. Funny how after being outclassed in the first half we come out play some football on the deck, score two quality goals and get in front. Then hey we've got a point keep it tight lads. Fortunate to get a point today. But i imagine everyone will remember the penalty save rather than the drop!

Unfortunately was unable to attend Sat and haven't seen any highlights, but people tend to remember the bad rather than the good.
jbc.shrimp

Postby Little Shrimp » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:09 am

I thought that when we got the ball down and were able to play a bit, we looked excellent. That 10 minute period at the start of the second half we blew Salford away. But a lot of the time, we struggled to get our foot on the ball and keep control of possession for longer periods. Salford were effective in their style/tactics but, overall I thought, seemed pretty limited. They sussed out hitting diagonals behind the wing backs (always a good tactic against a back three) and used that space to work good crossing opportunities. Too an extent as well, we are just too easy to create chances against. We had to work our goals very well while Salford didn't really seem to have to work for their chances.

For me, the issue lies with our distribution from defence. Our midfield/attack are technically excellent but aerially pretty week, so we need far better distribution on the floor from defence. Instead, we just had aimless hoofs going to Miller/Alessandra which Salford managed to clear up easily enough. Sutton was the main culprit for me, although Old and Lavelle hardly covered themselves in glory. Roche's distribution is very poor too. I think it might be worth sticking Brewitt in the middle of the back three to help us get a bit more control of possession. I think this is how we can control games/see them out better. We're useless at shutting shop/bolting down the hatches etc, we always just fall to pieces. With our technically strong midfield/attack, I think we'd be much better suited to looking to control possession to try and kill the game. I'd be thinking next game:

Halstead
Lavelle Brewitt Old
Tanner Tutte Wildig Conlan
O'Sullivan
Alessandra Miller
Little Shrimp

Postby KenH » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:20 am

Good atmosphere from the unusually large crowd.

Great to see the First Choice suite busy again. Whoever is doing the marketing/hospitality promotions is doing a brilliant job as it fills the red seats in the PMG stand too. It's not that long ago that the main function room had no-one eating meals at all. Looks like we've finally found an excellent marketing person.
KenH

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:29 am

KenH wrote:Good atmosphere from the unusually large crowd.

Great to see the First Choice suite busy again. Whoever is doing the marketing/hospitality promotions is doing a brilliant job as it fills the red seats in the PMG stand too. It's not that long ago that the main function room had no-one eating meals at all. Looks like we've finally found an excellent marketing person.

Yes , spot on about the marketing , it has improved markedly.

I calculate the average home gate as 2,215 and considering 2 of the 4 teams we have played take about as many as us away this bodes well. The new booking system doesn't seem to have harmed attendances.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby BerlinWaller » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:22 pm

Keith wrote:
BerlinWaller wrote:I know the Church of Jim is reluctant to accept things that dispel the myths of his work and teachings but that graph and the stats I put up the other day really do sum up where we are at.

So you weren't entertained? Isn't that what the anti-Jim brigade were calling for?
Salford City, average salary £4k+ per week.

I was entertained, it was a good game to stand and watch. Not sure which part of my post made you feel that I was lacking in entertainment. I was just saying the stats and graph are an accurate reflection of the last game and the season so far. I was chatting to someone else about the game today and they said exactly the same about it as I did but I never asked if he was entertained. Are the Salford wages factual Keith or are you plucking figures out of the sky?
BerlinWaller

Postby Keith » Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:28 pm

It was more the "Church of Jim is reluctant..." bit. Last couple of seasons, the 'Jim can't do anything right' posters would regularly say that it was the lack of entertainment that upset them. Then after Salford, they find something else to moan about?

Adam Rooney was widely reported to be on £4k last season in the conference, with win bonuses etc and a "substantial" pay rise following promotion. Danni Lloyd was also reported in the press as leaving League One Peterborough to play Conference football for £4k per week. Peterborough's Chairman complained in the press that he had been on £80k per annum at Peterborough but moved to the National League for more money. Taking in to account their pay rises for promotion and other similarly high paid players, a £4k average this season is probably not too far off.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby al1 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:32 pm

Just using rumours and gossip to justify your views
al1

Postby Keith » Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:14 pm

al1 wrote:Just using rumours and gossip to justify your views

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer ... -1.3571306

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/peterboro ... ty-signing

Presumably, if not accurate, Salford would have said so? Hardly "rumours and gossip"?
You wouldn't simply be dismissing anything that doesn't meet your narrative would you?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

Keith
Site Admin

Postby BerlinWaller » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:35 am

Keith wrote:It was more the "Church of Jim is reluctant..." bit. Last couple of seasons, the 'Jim can't do anything right' posters would regularly say that it was the lack of entertainment that upset them. Then after Salford, they find something else to moan about?

Adam Rooney was widely reported to be on £4k last season in the conference, with win bonuses etc and a "substantial" pay rise following promotion. Danni Lloyd was also reported in the press as leaving League One Peterborough to play Conference football for £4k per week. Peterborough's Chairman complained in the press that he had been on £80k per annum at Peterborough but moved to the National League for more money. Taking in to account their pay rises for promotion and other similarly high paid players, a £4k average this season is probably not too far off.

It wasn't a pop at Jim more pointing out the accurate stats are dismissed by the Church of Jim as false. I say what I see with no personal bias towards Jim and I think those stats and the graph are true to how we have performed. The graph shows that Salford pretty much hammered us on Saturday and I said as much.

As for the wages at Salford, you have picked out the two big earners but said an average wage of £4k. We all know Rooney and Lloyd are on the big money and Towell was Championship last season but you say an average of 4k. I highly doubt the average wage of Salford is 4k a week. I guess that fits the narrative you preach though.
BerlinWaller

Postby Seasider9601 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:40 am

"But Rooney has taken the surprise decision to drop several levels to join Salford, who will play in the Vanarama National League for the first time in 2018-19, on a three-year contract, which is reported to be worth around £4,000 a week - roughly double his salary with Aberdeen."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/20 ... -rise-non/
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby Freez » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:59 am

Stats are very dependant on anyone’s narrative, hence the interpretation.

There was widespread criticism on here of not having any shots on target, it was pointed out we had 10 on target v Swindon and Blackpool, however we lost both games, greeted with silence!

Hence stats fitting the narrative in reply, but not the initial criticism!!

Salford were better first half, even second half for me. Draw was fortunate but given they had two pens, correctly, a point is a bonus.
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby Phil Anderer » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:17 pm

BerlinWaller wrote:
Keith wrote:It was more the "Church of Jim is reluctant..." bit. Last couple of seasons, the 'Jim can't do anything right' posters would regularly say that it was the lack of entertainment that upset them. Then after Salford, they find something else to moan about?

It wasn't a pop at Jim more pointing out the accurate stats are dismissed by the Church of Jim as false. I say what I see with no personal bias towards Jim and I think those stats and the graph are true to how we have performed. The graph shows that Salford pretty much hammered us on Saturday and I said as much.

As for the wages at Salford, you have picked out the two big earners but said an average wage of £4k. We all know Rooney and Lloyd are on the big money and Towell was Championship last season but you say an average of 4k. I highly doubt the average wage of Salford is 4k a week. I guess that fits the narrative you preach though.

TBF to Keith, I don't believe he was the first to suggest an average 4K a week for Salford. I believe that honour goes to the Right Honourable member for St Orth, Mr Redrobo (aka Christie's Child).
The 3 rules of Fascism:
1. Make stuff up;
2. Scream it loudly;
3. Kill people.
(copyright Eddie Izzard)
Phil Anderer

Postby Niborian_Shrimp » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:40 pm

Freez wrote:Stats are very dependant on anyone’s narrative, hence the interpretation.

Very true Freez. I posted that stats image with the intention of being positive but it can be spun how you like.

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics."
Niborian_Shrimp

Postby BerlinWaller » Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:01 pm

I totally agree that stats can be interpreted to which ever point of view you have but they are a very good guide to how a team and a player is performing. Jim will use stats to pick his team, he will look to see fitness levels and performance levels of players every day. Analysing football is big business these days and I for one really enjoy the in depth stats available.

If Keith is sourcing his information from RR then more fool him :lol:

I am sure that the wiping of my login details after questioning Keith for the 2nd time is purely coincidental :|
BerlinWaller

Postby Keith » Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:15 pm

BerlinWaller wrote:If Keith is sourcing his information from RR then more fool him :lol:

I am sure that the wiping of my login details after questioning Keith for the 2nd time is purely coincidental :|

Ha! Nope, my source wasn't RR! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Not sure how your login is being wiped, definitely not me!

Keith
Site Admin

Previous

Return to General Discussion