"I feel not respected and underappreciated."

"I feel not respected and underappreciated."

Postby MFC-Manc » Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:45 pm

Who’s upset Jim again.... someone around him......

“Up to the top with certain people” “clowns”

I wonder who :roll:

His family read certain websites

https://twitter.com/bbclancssport/statu ... 13664?s=21
I'm getting by just the best I can, While you're directing traffic
MFC-Manc

Re: "I feel not respected and underappreciated."

Postby Phoenix Shrimp 2017 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:54 pm

Yeah wonder who? Some folk just need to realize that we are operating with what is no doubt the lowest budget in EFL 2. Bookies red hot favourites every season to go down yet here we still are. Give the guy some credit.

UTS.
Phoenix Shrimp 2017

Postby BerlinWaller » Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:57 pm

I've said it before but I think Jim does have the respect and appreciation of the supporters. Besides the odd boo and debates on here, he is treated fairly. I don't think this is his finest interview and calling paying customers "clowns" is not very clever.
BerlinWaller

Postby Phoenix Shrimp 2017 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:12 pm

If I was sat in my office working and things weren't going to plan the last thing I'd want is several clueless muppets sat behind me shouting 'advice', much of it not very pleasant. Yes it's a different scenario at a match but Jim is Morecambe through and through and deserves more respect from some folk. I think he is being very diplomatic using the word 'Clowns'. They probably deserve a more severe description.

UTS.
Phoenix Shrimp 2017

Postby KenH » Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:23 pm

Sounds similar to Ratner's "crap" description of his products.

Publicly criticising the people who pay your wages is not a good idea.
KenH

Postby Phoenix Shrimp 2017 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:24 pm

Well we have the management perspective on this, would anyone sat in the vicinity like to add any observations on the grounds that there are two sides to every story.

Must admit I sat in said seats earlier in the season against Oldham and never heard an ill word against Jim even though we lost the game. Is Jim being oversensitive?
Phoenix Shrimp 2017

Postby BerlinWaller » Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:27 pm

Phoenix Shrimp 2017 wrote:If I was sat in my office working and things weren't going to plan the last thing I'd want is several clueless muppets sat behind me shouting 'advice', much of it not very pleasant. Yes it's a different scenario at a match but Jim is Morecambe through and through and deserves more respect from some folk. I think he is being very diplomatic using the word 'Clowns'. They probably deserve a more severe description.

UTS.

What if a paying customer said your food was rubbish or your product not fit for purpose?
BerlinWaller

Postby mrpotatohead » Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:48 pm

As much as I am a huge fan of Jim , and appreciate his achievements, I think his outburst albeit in the heat of the moment, was a mistake, he has shown the silly minority of posh seat critics sat behind him that they actually bug him, I wouldn't have given them the satisfaction.
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby Slanester » Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:51 pm

Fair play to the man, I say. The “armchair” managers at every club....always know better than the professional who is doing the job. Pay your money and have your say, fine, get a response you don’t like,
tough sh!te. No manager is above criticism, but he is entitled to give his thoughts.
Slanester

Postby Phoenix Shrimp 2017 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:07 pm

BerlinWaller wrote:
Phoenix Shrimp 2017 wrote:If I was sat in my office working and things weren't going to plan the last thing I'd want is several clueless muppets sat behind me shouting 'advice', much of it not very pleasant. Yes it's a different scenario at a match but Jim is Morecambe through and through and deserves more respect from some folk. I think he is being very diplomatic using the word 'Clowns'. They probably deserve a more severe description.

UTS.

What if a paying customer said your food was rubbish or your product not fit for purpose?

If I was running a Michelin starred restaurant with a budget to match and I served up sub standard food then I'd take criticism on the chin and improve, or go bust. If I'm running a 'greasy spoon' with a minuscule budget then I'd be serving budget fare, doing my best and hoping that the customers can see that I'm trying to serve up decent fare with not much to work with and maybe cut me a bit of slack.

In football terms the EFL 2 Michelin Restaurants are the likes of Lincoln, Tranmere, Notts County and MK Dons who average crowds around 8,000 and have budgets many times ours. Yes I include in that Notts County who've had a massive budget this season. How many points are they below us? Now in that scenario I can imagine supporters going for the managers jugular. Unfortunately we are not even in the Good Grub Pub category such, as Cambridge Utd and many others. No we are very definitely greasy spoon territory with out measly 1500 average home supporters. So if the moaners think Jim can serve up Cordon Bleu cooking on the smallest budget in the league then can I say they are maybe deluded and should think a bit before they shout inane comments at him?
Phoenix Shrimp 2017

Postby BerlinWaller » Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:11 pm

A lovely response but my point is, you can't go having pops at the people paying your wages especially if they are few and far between these days.

Fortunately for Jim, I think Mr Barton from Fleetwood has trumped him in the spitting the dummy out cup today.
BerlinWaller

Postby Phoenix Shrimp 2017 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:22 pm

BerlinWaller wrote:A lovely response but my point is, you can't go having pops at the people paying your wages especially if they are few and far between these days.

Fortunately for Jim, I think Mr Barton from Fleetwood has trumped him in the spitting the dummy out cup today.

I don't think the actions of Mr Barton from Fleetwood have anything to do with Jim Bentley.I think you will find that in the fullness of time the allegations against Mr Barton are far more serious than a possibly ill judged comment from Jim, said in the emotion and heat of the moment. It would be nice to know what has been said to Jim and by whom? Maybe he has vastly over reacted, maybe not.
Phoenix Shrimp 2017

Postby al1 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:56 pm

JB is the only clown I can see,an awful negative performance today! Instead of trying to secure safety from relegation he continues to play for a draw,continues to play Kev at the age of 40.So now he seems to have a go at the few paying fans that are left(not much more than a 1000 fans today,where were the other 800?)JB has killed the crowd these last 3 or 4 seasons with his negativity and whinging,now he is calling the few that are left clowns,it is not only fans in the posh seats that have had enough of his tactics.If he gets a new contract there will only be about 30 young lads behind the goal chanting his name!
al1

Postby BerlinWaller » Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:16 pm

As a supporter of a club and probably more so when it is your local team, I think there are lines you shouldn't cross. I don't think you should boo one of your own players and you should always applaud the lads efforts. I remember standing clapping the players off at Dagenham after being beaten 6 nil. It works the other way and the players should always acknowledge the supporters. It is a mutual respect that should always be there. Supporters will always think they know what the Manager should be doing and will always be vocal about it. It has always been the way. I don't know what was said but as long as it isn't personal towards Jim, I can't see the issue. We can all guess who the person is but he is paying top dollar to sit where he sits and has a right to an opinion. Go to any ground in the country today and you will hear that kind of stuff, probably a lot worse.
BerlinWaller

Postby HALMA 1983 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:06 pm

I don't blame the guy for venting his anger because for most, he's done the impossible yet again on fresh air and his stock is rising every season but he's got it completely wrong if he thinks this because all you ever hear outside of Morecambe is total praise of his achievements and deservedly so.
Good luck finding a replacement!
HALMA 1983

Postby Niborian_Shrimp » Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:01 pm

We have a numpty over our left shoulder who slates Flemmo at every moment he can get. Any time he is on the ball is a chance for him to scream. Even when he is just warming up on the touchline he might shout at him to not come on.
If that is the level some of the miserable old gits in our fanbase are at then I wouldn't at all blame Jim for feeling underappreciated when he gets similar levels of idiotic stuff verbally thrown in his direction.
Niborian_Shrimp

Postby Potted Shrimp » Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:10 am

'You don't know wht you've got until it's gone.' For as long as he keeps this club in the league he should be respected, he has done a great job given the circumstances he has to work under. Some of the ott criticism is beyond belief at times!
Potted Shrimp

Postby Posh » Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:36 am

There is a real holier though brigade. I’ve paid therefore I can abuse the manager. He’s paid by us so he can’t say anything back. Personaly, I think he’s earned the right to attack the 1%.

Certain people in C Prem think their opinion on say astrophysics is up there with Einstein because they’ve watched every episode of Dr Who.

Really sad to hear Jim so dispirited. He deserves better.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby CityShrimp » Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:31 am

I do feel sorry for Jim but that’s football, there will always be supporters disagreeing with the managers decisions and having a go. If Jim left and became manager at another club, I think he’d find he’ll get the same treatment anywhere, if not worse.

Also, there is another interview where Jim complains about fans booing Vadaine Oliver when he came on - I’m pretty sure people were booing the decision to remove Bennett?
CityShrimp

Postby asda shrimp » Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:22 am

I was on the berlin wall and some fans were saying why,s bennett going off,so i think that's why people were booing but he got hacked a few time so that mite have been on jim,s mind ?.
asda shrimp

Postby Keith » Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:03 am

asda shrimp wrote:so i think that's why people were booing but he got hacked a few time so that mite have been on jim,s mind ?

Exactly. Bennett's kicked every match (with no protection!) He may have been carrying a knock from last week, where he was clattered a few times. But booing the 'decision' (if that is what it was?) can also be interpreted as booing Oliver before he even comes on to the pitch. Hardly constructive.

I think Jim is utterly exhausted by things and let his emotions show. He's always honest in how he feels. Season after season of keeping us in the Football League despite having a minuscule budget and off field disruption (no training facilities etc). It would appear that the incessant negativity from the same section of the crowd is taking its toll.

As Phoenix Shrimp said, we're a portable sandwich bar at the side of an 'A' road and people are complaining that we're not serving caviar. :cry:
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby BerlinWaller » Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:36 am

Sorry Keith but I think your statement regarding people expecting caviar is condescending and incorrect. Nobody who watches League 2 footy expects Tiki-Taka football. Just because they are shouting at the players or Manager doesn't mean they don't know what they are on about. I can understand it being an annoyance to Jim but it is part of the game. Does he expect the fans to sit in Silence and accept everything he does? Like someone else said, if he moves on to another club he will get a hell of a lot worse than he gets from Morecambe fans. Alienating more fans will not be beneficial to the club and may lead to the Old folks home that the scare mongers keep alluding to a reality sooner rather than later.

Go on any footy forum this morning and you will
see posts on the Manager or players not doing the right thing. I think even you have made posts questioning Jim.
BerlinWaller

Postby redrobo » Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:40 am

Bennett was running on empty hence the logical reason why he was taken off. At the time I wondered why Oliver came on knowing his unfortunate inability to score on a regular basis BUT in hindsight it was to replace height with height. Fortunately Kevin was replaced with Collins and the rest is history.

JB has done wonders season in, season out working under lack of finance and up until lately no adequate training facilities BUT surely he has to understand that fans are frustrated that we constantly battle with relegation and that maybe a season whereby we could be in a comfortable mid table position or even battling it out for promotion would be a welcome diversion from what has become the norm.

I'm sure that JB would welcome such a season but there has been little in any progression of late.

I have my disagreements with both JB and KMcK about tactics and style of football but I would never boo a manager or a player and have nothing but contempt for those who do. I do question some of his decisions at times and I will continue to do so just like others around me but that is not to disrespect the guy or for him to feel underappreciated quite the opposite BUT maybe a season of not having to worry about the dark shadows of relegation would be a welcome excursion for everybody, non more so than the management team.

Maybe next season will be different now that we have at long last settled training facilities and some stability in the boardroom. Here's hoping that JB can be given an improved budget and then we can see an improvement on the field of play from a few additions of quality players. After all we are not that far off becoming a team that could become a real threat in the league.
redrobo

Postby Ispyshrimp » Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:02 am

Had Ellison have been taken off prior to Bennett I think parts of the crowd which booed may have seen it differently as Bennett had been giving his all for the duration he was on the pitch. Kev unfortunately being such a great servant for the club was out of the game for the majority of it yesterday until subbed

Given the suggestion it was because Bennett had been getting hacked a few times would be a fair assessment if it had been that we hadn't witnessed Oliver being on the receiving end of many a same tackle throughout the season and staying on the pitch.

Only Jim will know the reasons for the substitutions however one thing for sure that was for the majority of the game the lads standing in the home end were brilliant for the majority of the game, making plenty of noise and like Jim says 99% of fans are supportive.

Again not the best display of football IMO but a point is better than none and luckily we have had a good run of results which should keep us safe for this year, hope that Jim manages to keep the key players in the squad for next season
Ispyshrimp

Postby Keith » Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:51 am

BerlinWaller wrote:Sorry Keith but I think your statement regarding people expecting caviar is condescending and incorrect. Nobody who watches League 2 footy expects Tiki-Taka football. Just because they are shouting at the players or Manager doesn't mean they don't know what they are on about. I can understand it being an annoyance to Jim but it is part of the game. Does he expect the fans to sit in Silence and accept everything he does? Like someone else said, if he moves on to another club he will get a hell of a lot worse than he gets from Morecambe fans. Alienating more fans will not be beneficial to the club and may lead to the Old folks home that the scare mongers keep alluding to a reality sooner rather than later.

Go on any footy forum this morning and you will
see posts on the Manager or players not doing the right thing. I think even you have made posts questioning Jim.

I have definitely expressed frustration in the past. I, like pretty much everyone on here and at games throughout the country, am an 'armchair manager', that's a central part of being a football fan! But there is a difference between expressing a different opinion and being abusive towards a man who has given 100% to the club throughout our most challenging period of history, bar the mid/late 1980's.

Last season, people were saying they'd rather see us play well and lose. Clearly that's not the case, because by and large, we've actually played some decent football this season. With better refereeing decisions and a bit of good luck, we would have been at least ten points higher up the table. Even yesterday, there were periods of good football, unfortunately, not leading to any clear openings. I think this is the basis of a decent squad, assembled for peanuts. Jim's task was to defeat the bookmakers and keep us in the Football League once again. He's done that and I think we should be more appreciative.

Hopefully, he'll go on holiday in a couple of weeks time, returning fully fresh and ready for another season of Football League football. Ideally, he'll be given a bit of extra cash and a definite agreement regarding training facilities etc. Then let's see what he can achieve.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Next

Return to General Discussion