Unfair?

Unfair?

Postby Christies Child » Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:02 pm

It seems to me that those clubs who rack up a heavy tax bill that can be many months overdue commit a greater crime than a club who exceed their allocated expenditure for the season.

At least we have tried to resolve our predicament by releasing 3 players. Yet other clubs appear to make no attempt to pay outstanding tax due without incurring the wrath of the footballing authorities until months if not years down the line.

Seems somewhat unfair that we have to put our survival at stake whilst others appear to evade their responsibilities.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Re: Unfair?

Postby Number 1 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:28 pm

Is your first statement arse about face, or did I read it wrong? As the rest of the post contradicts the first bit.
Number 1

Postby The Red Knight » Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:45 pm

If we were allowed to sign players whilst not having reached the required targets to come out of the embargo then this would be unfair on all the other clubs who have managed their budget successfully and within the rules of the game.
The Red Knight

Postby PUNKISDEAD » Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:26 pm

It was bit unfair on my son and i having to pay and watch the toss that pretended to be football from both sides yesterday!!
PUNKISDEAD

Postby Gnasher » Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:31 pm

Even though a club can have an overdue tax bill, that does not mean they've broken the 60% rule. I'm sure all clubs try to pay as late as possible, that's business.
Legally permitted to use "Gnasher" by DC Thomson's lawyers since 1999.
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Postby OvertheBar » Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:13 pm

PUNKISDEAD wrote:It was bit unfair on my son and i having to pay and watch the toss that pretended to be football from both sides yesterday!!

Maybe this is what Division 2 football is all about? Just watched Liverpool v Chewsea and didn't enjoy it half as much as the game yesterday.
OvertheBar

Return to General Discussion