Perks....

Perks....

Postby John L » Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:31 pm

John L

Re: Perks....

Postby Crooky MFC » Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:13 am

Such a quality player, we could do with him right now.
Crooky MFC

Postby Aal » Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:02 pm

He seems to have scored loads of goals since he left us...Any theories?
Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all
Aal

Postby marky » Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:14 am

Yes, he either plays in midfield or on the left wing therefore chances are easier to come by than at left back.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby RedRedWine1 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:11 am

He was playing midfield here towards the end of his tenure. If I remember rightly he was taking lots of flack in this role, and requested that he play in his preferred role of left-back. The only problem being that Michael Howard had stepped into this role and made it his own, earning the tag "Mr Consistent" (he's actually still living off how well he excelled during that period by many people on here). Perks was suddenly the second choice left-back.

He needed a fresh start somewhere else, and I'm glad to see that he is doing well. I always knew that he would. When he left I felt that we would not miss initially (and we haven't in truth), but I always thought we would miss him once (the much older) Howard's legs went (though looks like back injuries are preceding that at the moment).

A good move for both parties, though glad to see he is doing well for himself.
RedRedWine1

Postby Christies Child » Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:39 am

[quote="RedRedWine"]He was playing midfield here towards the end of his tenure. If I remember rightly he was taking lots of flack in this role, and requested that he play in his preferred role of left-back. The only problem being that Michael Howard had stepped into this role and made it his own, earning the tag "Mr Consistent" (he's actually still living off how well he excelled during that period by many people on here). Perks was suddenly the second choice left-back.

He needed a fresh start somewhere else, and I'm glad to see that he is doing well. I always knew that he would. When he left I felt that we would not miss initially (and we haven't in truth), but I always thought we would miss him once (the much older) Howard's legs went (though looks like back injuries are preceding that at the moment).

For me Michael, providing he can get back to full fitness, has a role to play next season with us when I'd be suprised if DA is still with us. Age finally catching up with him.....as it does with us all.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby campdave » Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:02 am

Christies Child wrote:
For me Michael, providing he can get back to full fitness, has a role to play next season with us when I'd be suprised if DA is still with us. Age finally catching up with him.....as it does with us all.

It might seem harsh, but I'd let both go in the summer. If wages are tight, we can do without an injury prone defender in Howard.
campdave

Postby steve mfc » Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:25 am

campdave wrote:
Christies Child wrote:

It might seem harsh, but I'd let both go in the summer. If wages are tight, we can do without an injury prone defender in Howard.

I can certainly see your point regarding Howard, however if he can regain full fitness then he would make an excellent wing back.
steve mfc

Postby Posh » Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:56 pm

RedRedWine wrote:He requested that he play in his preferred role of left-back.

Not true. He wanted to play central midfield in a box-to-box or attacking role and believed he was good enough. Sadly neither Jim nor Sammy gave him a chance, and plenty of people on here wanted him to stay at left back. With all that in mind he had option but to go to another club to get what he wanted. And just how well has he proved so many people wrong.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:23 pm

Ian Harte (ex Leeds) has been released by the Donkey Lashers today.

A decent left back and takes a good free kick too.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Return to General Discussion