The "JIM BENTLEY OUT" thread. (Please don't start any more)

Re: JIM bentley time to go taxi for him any taxi JIM BENTLEY

Postby BerlinWaller » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:36 am

Keith wrote:
BerlinWaller wrote:But they are competing against other clubs who have lots of money are they not?

Kind of my point! We’re competing against teams who have lots of money (relative to us) while we’ve not got any cash. Chopping & changing managers won’t change that.

No, you said chopping and changing Managers does not work full stop.
BerlinWaller

Postby broadwayshrimp » Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:14 am

BerlinWaller wrote:
Keith wrote:
BerlinWaller wrote:But they are competing against other clubs who have lots of money are they not?

Kind of my point! We’re competing against teams who have lots of money (relative to us) while we’ve not got any cash. Chopping & changing managers won’t change that.

No, you said chopping and changing Managers does not work full stop.

And sometimes it doesn't. Just look at Jim's beloved Everton. After Moyes left they've had Martinez, Koeman, Allardyce and now Silva who, if you believe some of the newspaper talk is one game away from the sack. And all bar Martinez had good financial backing.
broadwayshrimp

Postby Keith » Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:38 pm

BerlinWaller wrote:No, you said chopping and changing Managers does not work full stop.

Pretty sure I've not said that (although feel free to trawl my posts to find a quote! Where's Marky when you need him??? ;) ) I've said there is no guarantee that it would work and that even chopping & changing managers, we'd still have a crap budget and off field problems (although hopefully we're over the worst... time will tell).

If we were comparing apples with apples, then Jim would be failing, but we're comparing a Lada with Jaguars and wondering why we're not leading the race, rather than wondering how the hell we keep remaining in the race at all?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Keith » Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:40 pm

SupermarketShrimp wrote:welcome to the FAcebook arguments where people will shout about no wins in 12, Jim out, yadda yadda yadda, then you point out the facts and background to it, and instead of listening, go all Brexit, double down and shout louder, probably with some personal insults, but with extra memes. Oh and reporting all who challenge them to Facebook for bullying.

Yeah, but at least here we can keep it all in one place, making it easier to ignore if you want to! (Apart from me & Freez who have to read everything just to make sure it is appropriate!)
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

Keith
Site Admin

Re: The "JIM BENTLEY OUT" thread. (Please don't start any mo

Postby Freez » Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:09 pm

And then get personal insults for having an opinion that they don’t agree with and having the temerity to voice it, :D
Onwards dear friends.
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby Slanester » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:20 am

Looks like Yeovil are in free fall, which should help MFC, and Jim’s forthcoming Lge2 battle.
Their last 12... L7. D3. W2
COYS.
Slanester

Postby Sakhalin Shrimp » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:17 pm

Slanester wrote:Looks like Yeovil are in free fall, which should help MFC, and Jim’s forthcoming Lge2 battle.
COYS.

They've won twice as many games as us though and earned the same number of points. Freefall or treading water?

Slanester wrote:
al1 wrote:Please remind me how many games have we won from the last 12!

To answer the question, that you will already know......MFC W1 D6 L5
A man doesn't know what happiness is until he's married. By then it's too late.
Sakhalin Shrimp

Postby shrimpandseek2 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:26 pm

But....... If there was 3/4 threads about how good Jim is, or how good the players are.... Wonder if they would be condensed into one? Five English pounds says NO! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
shrimpandseek2

Postby Slanester » Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:01 pm

Sakhalin Shrimp wrote:
Slanester wrote:Looks like Yeovil are in free fall, which should help MFC, and Jim’s forthcoming Lge2 battle.
COYS.

They've won twice as many games as us though and earned the same number of points. Freefall or treading water?

Slanester wrote:
al1 wrote:Please remind me how many games have we won from the last 12!

To answer the question, that you will already know......MFC W1 D6 L5

It all depends on whether you want to veiw it with some positive perspective, or not. 2 sides to every coin, as they say.
Slanester

Postby Bare bum » Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:34 pm

But....... If there was 3/4 threads about how good Jim is, or how good the players are.... Wonder if they would be condensed into one? Five English pounds says NO! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I've seen many topics condensed into one thread. I'm not sure we have had 3 or 4 threads saying that though, so difficult to prove or disprove. However I'll take the £5 if I can prove it YES ..........
A lilo, almost as nice as a puppy
Bare bum

Postby Phil Anderer » Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:38 pm

shrimpandseek2 wrote:But....... If there was 3/4 threads about how good Jim is, or how good the players are.... Wonder if they would be condensed into one? Five English pounds says NO! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Such a thread would be irrelevant/unnecessary when people have the opportunity to post those views on threads like this. It also seems that over the years there have been far more threads started calling for Jim to go than calling for him to be praised, so the chances of what you're suggesting happening would, on the basis of the available evidence, be somewhat slim.
The 3 rules of Fascism:
1. Make stuff up;
2. Scream it loudly;
3. Kill people.
(copyright Eddie Izzard)
Phil Anderer

Postby Bare bum » Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:46 pm

Not that slim :roll:
A lilo, almost as nice as a puppy
Bare bum

Postby Keith » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:42 am

shrimpandseek2 wrote:But....... If there was 3/4 threads about how good Jim is, or how good the players are.... Wonder if they would be condensed into one? Five English pounds says NO! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It was six threads. Three deleted, three merged.

If Bare Bum reaches the magic six threads on the first two pages, I'll condense them then and he can go and sit on the naughty step!

Keith
Site Admin

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:22 am

Maybe we could have a poll on Jim.

An in/out , a bit like Brexit , and one where people can only vote once (unlike Tower Hamlets !) :lol:
Gone_Shrimping

Postby Seasider9601 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:34 am

Not on that bloody Facebook page though.

Too many trolls and fans of other teams post on there as WUM's.
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby Ntini » Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:50 pm

For those querying the demise of the other teams around us, hopefully some food for thought...
If you take the last 16 games and project that form forwards to the end of the season, the bottom 6 would look something like this:

Cambridge 55pts
    Port Vale 49pts
    Macclesfield 47pts
    Morecambe 45pts
    -----------------------
    Yeovil 43pts
    Notts Co 31pts

Form over the last 10:

Cambridge 53pts
    Macclesfield 48pts
    Port Vale 46pts
    Yeovil 45pts
    -----------------------
    Morecambe 42pts
    Notts Co 32pts

Form over the last 6:

Cambridge 56pts
    Yeovil 49pts
    Port Vale 47pts
    Macclesfield 45pts
    -----------------------
    Morecambe 40pts
    Notts Co 30pts

The interesting thing for me is how many would end up below the magical '50' target that has been a benchmark (there or thereabouts) in the past. Our form is the least steady followed by Yeovil (but going in different directions).
It also doesn't take into consideration any new signings from the clubs and how that may or may not affect form.
What is clear is that we need to improve if we are to avoid another nerve-wracking end to the season like last year, and ensure our fate is in our own hands.
HOWAY THE SHRIMPS!!!!!

On topic(ish) and proud!
Ntini

Postby redrobo » Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:18 pm

Well intended insight into what could happen to our club, BUT is it alarmist at a time when we should be showing confidence in the team on the field.... :?: :?: :?:
redrobo

Postby Doonhamer » Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:27 pm

RR confidence usually reflects certainty or a resemblance of it. The word you are hunting for is hope.
Doonhamer

Postby redrobo » Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:32 pm

Doonhamer wrote:RR confidence usually reflects certainty or a resemblance of it. The word you are hunting for is hope.

Nahhhh....confidence is what we should have...Hope is negativity. ;) :lol:
redrobo

Postby Doonhamer » Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:36 pm

Ha ha ha Have to disagree. Why don’t you put your next months wages on MFC staying up then. Mr Ladbrook would be itching to take your money.
Doonhamer

Postby Slanester » Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:42 pm

Some effort has gone into that post Ntini, and very informative with regard possible outcomes for MFC.
My thoughts are though, how different would they look, if they were based on a different number of games to the ones you used 16, 10 and 6 ??
One thing that is absolutely certain though, and I am sure every single Shrimps fan would agree with, and that is your closing sentence.
COYS.
Slanester

Postby Doonhamer » Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:48 pm

Before all the d**ks ask me why I don’t do it, it’s because I don’t have confidence in the team, the manager, the owners and the directors to keep the club up. I HOPE they stay up but just can’t see it. The team have ridden their luck too long and the bubble is due to burst. For me it’s all about the football and entertainment. If relegation happens at least in my opinion will answer a few questions re intentions of the owners, resolve the ongoing Jim in Jim out debate, and the quality of football/ entertainment will improve compared to the nail biting blood pressure raising heart attack inducing frustration that we have at present.
Doonhamer

Postby Slanester » Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:54 pm

Doonhamer wrote:Before all the d**ks ask

Interesting way to start a post, to fellow Morecambe fans. :lol:
Slanester

Postby Doonhamer » Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:03 pm

Yes the forum Unfortunately has a few. Indicative of the lack of respect shown to some by the few on the forum. Will wait for the you are included posts to prove my point
Doonhamer

Postby Freez » Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:06 pm

So somebody who disagrees with you is a dick?

We are all wanting the same thing surely?
Maybe there are some but benefit of the doubt they can’t all be and, they follow the Shrimps. :D
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion